Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 2,134

Vinny

I've been playing that 2018 remake of Yume Nikki. It's pretty cool.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

JaxonH

Been trying to play more Cyberpunk, but I keep going back to Monster Hunter World. Probably because I’m so hyped for Monster Hunter Rise, and I never actually finished Iceborn. Once it dropped on PC, I started over, and lost interest after that. Been slowly progressing back to G rank in the Steam version. It’s such a meaty game. Got all my features and shoutouts set up earlier today, my guild card, etc.

I’m so glad I always have this game to go back to. Even after I sink 1000 hrs into Rise, this game will be waiting for me. The everlasting comfort food.

Playing some Trials Fusion also, since I’ve beaten Trials Rising to death, on 3 different systems.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Cotillion

I've been playing Assassins Creed Origins. I haven't played one of these in quite some time (I played AC 1 and 2 and that was it), so I'm skipping a fair amount here. I'm quite enjoying myself.
The main draw for me was the Egyptian setting. I love that part of history, so being able to run around in it is fantastic. Historical inaccuracies don't really bother me, it's just fun to be in ancient Egypt.
Having skipped a bunch of AC, I missed the incremental changes that occurred, but I like where it ended up. For instance, I can actually run into people without guards losing their minds and trying to kill me. The parkour seems a lot better to control as well. The 'real world' stuff seems to have taken a back seat as well, which is fine with me too. I was always just wanting those parts to be over and get back to the Animus.

Edited on by Cotillion

Cotillion

BruceCM

I already have all of those, @Zuljaras .... Might even get around to playing them eventually!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Lols or they were such a bargain .... ? I'll have to check what else I have on GoG, since I rarely get around to actually playing most of those

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

Aha! Figured out a way to put my PC to sleep from my Steam controller, and wake it with my Steam controller, and get around the 3rd party launchers that pop up in Steam that require a keyboard for.

1 Set my Bios to be able to wake from sleep via USB keyboard
2 Created a shortcut on my desktop with a command that puts my PC to sleep, then assigned a shortcut CTRL + ALT + FORWARD_SLASH (NLife wouldn’t render the actual slash)
3 Mapped that shortcut key assignment to a Guide chorded button press with Left Grip, which executes the shortcut from the Steam Controller (had to disable hibernation though)
4 Set right joystick on my DualShock 4 (which I use for half the games I play) to act as mouse in Big Picture Mode, so that when 3rd party launchers pop up (like for Ubisoft Games) I can navigate the cursor and click ok from the controller.

It’s amazing how the little things make the experience so much more smooth.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Every PC gamer should watch this video. It’s so good

Heavyarms55

Gonna ask these here too.

Does anyone else ever use the Switch controllers here with PC? I had no difficulty connecting mine wirelessly the first time. But I can't get it to reconnect. It seems like I have to go through the whole Bluetooth connection process every time. But that can't be right, can it?

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JaxonH

@Heavyarms55
Also, be sure to have Switch Pro support checked active in Steam.

Also, if you’re switching back and forth syncing with Switch, you’ll have to re-pair each time. If you only use it on PC it’s possible to get it to sync up with a button press.

You should also try installing this. First, uninstall the driver via device manager, then install this for the drivers.

https://github.com/Davidobot/BetterJoy

Magician

GPD Win 3's Indigogo campaign begins in a couple days.
https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/3ae56003#/

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

I would love to buy one, but I’m not going to.

Reason being, no gyro. I messaged them asking about Gyro and told them it’s a dealbreaker if they can’t include it, and they responded by saying that they looked into it but there were driver issues with windows and so they were not able to include the feature. It’s unfortunate but I just can’t do handhelds without Gyro anymore.

There’s also the realization that with more power comes more battery drain. And any AAA current games it can run will top out at just over 2 hrs, just like they do on my Win 2. It’s got a bigger battery but it’s also pulling way more power now and running more demanding games so the play time doesn’t really change from iteration to iteration.

If it could get 4 hrs playtime on Monster Hunter World, and included gyro, I’d buy it. Heck, I might even still buy it if I could have gotten 4 hrs in MH World. But 2.5 hrs max with no gyro? When I already have a Win 2 that can run Dolphin portably for 4 hrs AND is a more pocketable clamshell? Hard to justify.

I do think it’s an amazing device though and I enthusiastically await future iterations in the hopes they will figure out a way to get Gyro to work.

Edited on by JaxonH

Cotillion

JaxonH wrote:

they responded by saying that they looked into it but there were driver issues with windows and so they were not able to include the feature.

I wonder what the issue is with that, exactly. Are you not running gyro on a Windows-based PC now? If so, the only difference would be their controller and their drivers for it....

Cotillion

JaxonH

@Shadowthrone
I have gyro via Dualshock 4 controller using Steam’s controller config mapper. So Idk what the problem is. Maybe it’s the excellent support for Dualshock 4 and Switch Pro through Steam, and they’re using off brand gyroscope and trying to get it to work on a system level. Who knows.

But it sucks seeing Win 3 not have gyro.

Matt_Barber

I think I'm going to pass on this one too. There's still life in my original GPD Win yet, and getting games playable with the physically small screen and keyboard has proved far more of a hurdle than its limited performance.

I'll be more interested in the next iteration of the Win Max, to be honest. Just having a keyboard and screen that's slightly bigger would open up so many more possibilities, which seems a fair trade for the increased size. At around $800 though, I'm not tempted to get on board until they've fixed a lot more of the other niggles.

Matt_Barber

faint

I’m trying to finish up the last of the Binding Of Isaac unlocks on steam before the last expansion drops in March.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic