Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,134

TheFrenchiestFry

Apparently P5S' PC port is locked to 60fps which sucks considering Golden of all games had unlocked framerate support

Nevertheless it'll probably outclass the console versions with load times and stability anyway obnoxious DRM not withstanding

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

BruceCM

RE Village is up for pre-purchase on Steam, if anyone wants it there .... You can even find discounted keys for standard version already, so I'll wait & see if they get the deluxe ones, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

I’ll be holding off on RE until the complete edition is out on Steam for half price. Keep buying Steam games for $48 before release thinking I scored a deal, and then not playing them until they’re $20 in a Christmas sale.

I’ve got Mario 3D World in a week, then Bravely Default 2, then Persona 5 Strikers, then Monster Hunter Rise, and no time for anything else. I’ll probably, in truth, have to backlog Persona 5 Scramble as well, or Bravely Default 2. It’s the larger game and thus the better candidate for backlog. And I really hate to do that because, come on, it’s a new Bravely Default game! But there’s only so many hours in the day.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Yeah, I'll wait for it to be about £30 for the deluxe .... If that's only in the winter sales or next year, that's fine by me

SW-4357-9287-0699

TheFrenchiestFry

Epic just scored a big fat W with that Kingdom Hearts exclusivity deal

Like goddamn they just snatched that right up from Steam

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry I don't really see it as a win, considering Epic likely paid through the nose for this deal, and the games will just end up coming to Steam in 2022 anyway, where they'll likely generate the majority of their revenue.

Timed exclusivity is a far more sensible approach on consoles, where people are tempted to actually buy into expensive hardware.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah This doesn't sound like timed exclusivity. Every thing related to this announcement is phrasing it like it's a permanent exclusive to EGS rather than what happened with Outer Worlds and Metro Exodus

Square's saying it's exclusive, so is Epic. It's probably an extension of their working relationship together since a lot of their tentpole releases run on UE4 nowadays so the partnership was already there between Square and Epic

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry Have there been any clear statements about the length of the exclusivity period? Because, typically, Epic isn't going to advertise that the agreement is limited, which can lead to confusion, similar to how the "exclusivity" of Final Fantasy XVI on PS5 is likely to be limited as well, despite confusion on that front. Remember how Dragon Quest XI S was "exclusive" to Switch... until it wasn't? Remember how we pretty much had no idea that Octopath was going to Steam until it did? Deceptive language is nothing new. S-E isn't going to agree to not put these games on the biggest storefront on the market without a pretty massive payout, so my bet is still on it being timed exclusivity.

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm hoping that is the case.... Seems likely it'd be timed & I'd have to wait for sales on the games anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

Cotillion

Exclusives, timed or otherwise, within one set of hardware is lame. I don't want multiple storefronts, apps and libraries on my one PC. I want to use the one I want to. It's convenient and I like it.
All an exclusive to another app does is make me not buy it. There's literally thousands of other choices I have within my platform of choice and I'll just buy something else while waiting until said exclusive does come to the one I prefer and get it on sale there.
With consoles, its an incentive to buy another console. But within one platform, it's just annoying and an incentive to not support the practice.

Cotillion

TheFrenchiestFry

The official Kingdom Hearts Twitter has released a statement from the series' producer Ichiro Hazama that describes the partnership with Epic as "long-term"

This is sounding more and more like Epic actually moneyhatted them as pure exclusives given the relationship was already there with Square dating back to Birth by Sleep 0.2 in the 2.8 collection onwards. Even FFVII Remake uses UE4 as well

TheFrenchiestFry

Magician

Taki Udon uploaded a review video for the three newest windows portable gaming laptops. It's an interesting watch, making me wonder how the Switch will pull off 1080p portable gaming at a budget price, as the rumors suggest.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheFrenchiestFry

Persona 5 Strikers on PC is a really solid port given it was developed within like under a year. I don't like the stuff about Denuvo being implemented and I've ran into one particular bug where it just freezes on a black screen after loading for a bit, but other than that I'm loving the experience so far. Can't wait to see what mods they put out for this one (other Persona protagonists?)

TheFrenchiestFry

Magician

Path of Exile 2 beta should be launching sometime this year right?

Probably won't touch PoE 2 until the PS5 and XSX versions arrive, but I did enjoy the first game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

https://redcandlegames.com/

The developer of Devotion, which was pulled from Steam and recently removed by GOG to appease Chinese nationalists, now sells DRM-free games through their own website.

Great to finally have a way to legally obtain this game again!

WiiklyReviews

I originally was planning to get Shin Megami Tensei 3 HD On Steam BUT I may just double dip. 1 for Switch and one for PC.

WiiklyReviews

Switch Friend Code: SW-7910-8698-5586 | My Nintendo: Tails | Nintendo Network ID: SW7910

Xyphon22

I have a couple of maybe weird questions. I just saw that there is a new Humble Bundle from Namco Bandai that includes two Tales games that I've never played (Berseria and Zestria, however you spell those). I love the Tales series, but I usually do not like playing games, especially big games like this, on a computer. I just can't do the controls unless it's simple clicking around like Myst and King's Quest. I've given up on many games that I have on Steam/Epic/etc. that are good but I can't just do the controls. So first question, if anyone knows, how do Tales games play on computer? I imagine just moving around the world will be fine, but the real time battles seem like they would be a hassle.

So secondly, what is the easiest/cheapest way to get a controller to work on the computer? I'm not going to spend $70 on a controller plus another however much money to get it to work. The only controller I already have outside of Nintendo ones (and I don't have any Pro controllers) is a PS3 one. Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Xyphon22

@Balta666 So if I just plug the controller into the computer with the same cable that plugs into the PS3, it should just work like that? I tried googling it and it talked about needing to download and install certain things and trick the computer into thinking it is an XBox controller, and also needing bluetooth (which I don't know if my computer has so I might need to buy a dongle). If I can just plug it in that would definitely be much easier.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic