Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 1,638

Snaplocket

@Anti-Matter I thought FF XIII was better then XII, XV, VIII, II, I, World and III.

Also VII.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Anti-Matter

@Snaplocket
In my opinion, FF 8 > FF 10 > FF 9 > FF 12 > FF 3 NDS > FF 4 NDS > FF 13.
FF 8 was the Best for me in term of character design, battle system, music despite the storyline was pretty weak.
I have no interest anymore with FF 7 so I didn't play that game when I get Twin pack for Switch. Zero interest with FF 7 Remake.
I don't like FF 15 at all, zero interest with them, don't like at all their hyper realistic graphics (I will vomit to see them in hyper realistic graphics)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarthNocturnal

@Anti-Matter

Are you sure you're referring to the graphics, or just the game world / settings? X, XII, and XIII all had characters that were realistic for their time. Their settings were certainly more "fantasy" however, compared to XV. Although, even VIII had a decent dose of "reality" in it's setting (cars, firearms, etc).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Anti-Matter

@DarthNocturnal
FF 8, 10, 12, 13 are still a little bit anime / fantasy style looking despite for realistic proportion.
FF 15 hyper realistic graphics was beyond disgusting for me + dreadful storyline from I heard.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snaplocket

I won't deny VIII is one of the best in terms of art direction, music and world-building. The problem was almost everything plot, character and gameplay related.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Dezzy

Lol this deserves a post of its own I think:

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

glaemay

@Snaplocket The art direction of FFVIII is a total mess it feels like different games mashed together.

glaemay

Dezzy

Awesome. They added a new end cutscene to FF7 Remake. Only watch if you've already finished it (and aren't about to replay it):

Looks like part 2 will be starting with them already in Kalm. That definitely fits the idea that they're aiming for 3 parts in total. They will need to cut some stuff to manage it in 3 parts, so cutting that area between Midgar and Kalm is as good a choice as any.

Edited on by Dezzy

TheJGG

@Dezzy Wow... that cutscene is exactly the closure the first part needed. Or maybe what the second part needs in terms of opening. Having just restarted the game on PS5 it’s heartwarming to see the dynamic the group have by this point, especially Cloud and Barret, who all but hated each other at the start.

I hope the dynamic wasn’t accelerated though, because of the climax of the first part.

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Zeldafan79

So is there still any hope for the FF VII remake to eventually be completed on PS4? Seems like getting the whole thing finished with however many episodes they are planning is going to take forever.

On a side note I just started FF VI for my main series marathon! I have played it all the way through before once but it's been ages ago. Still one of my all time favorites! The only main FF games I have barely touched so far yet are VIII, IX, X, XII, XIII, and XV. I'm wondering which of those I'll like best.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

crashcontrol

I wish I had a PS5 because the Yuffie Episode looks really good and the main battle theme is so good.

I think this is how I post videos?

Edited on by crashcontrol

Inkling, Joker and Jigglypuff main in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941- 0589-4299

Switch Username: KyleRenSM

PSN: crashcontrol

TheFrenchiestFry

@Zeldafan79 Highly unlikely. With how late into the PS4 lifecycle Remake came out it's probably way more likely future Remake entries are PS5 exclusive, especially given Square wasted no time getting Remake onto PS5 within the launch window of the console

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Dezzy

Zeldafan79 wrote:

So is there still any hope for the FF VII remake to eventually be completed on PS4? Seems like getting the whole thing finished with however many episodes they are planning is going to take forever.

I would put it at close to 0 percent likelihood that it will be completed on the PS4. I don't even think the second game will be on the PS4, so the third game definitely won't.

BruceCM

I thought Intergrade was already PS5 exclusive, with the Yuffie content ....?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

Yeah basically. But the Yuffie content is really the only new stuff. The rest is just performance improvement stuff.

So if it wasn't for the Yuffie stuff, it might be true that they would continue doing it cross-gen for the next game, with only performance differences between the 2. I think the Yuffie DLC is a sign that they're not going to though.

BruceCM

Well, yeah, @Dezzy.... It looks like good content & I wasn't really a fan of her in the original version But it seems most unlikely that bit would be PS5 exclusive if part 2 would be playable on PS4

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

Looking at FF 7R treatment on PS4 + PS5 like that, no wonder if Hironobu Sakaguchi left from Squaresoft. He really wanted every Final Fantasy games only finished once. When Final Fantasy got treatment with direct sequel or another branch stories like FF 7 franchise, Final Fantasy franchise started to get downhill.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

DarthNocturnal

I thought Sakaguchi left because Spirits Within left a Meteor-sized hit in Square's pocketbook? That's why they merged with Enix in the first place.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic