Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,661 to 1,675 of 1,675

themcnoisy

@Tasuki correct. I wrote that slightly wrong. I played chained echoes on gamepass. Comparable games like 'Live a Live' 'Octopath traveller 2' and 'tactics ogre' don't reside on that system and I quite fancy giving them a go. Chained echoes is great!

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

Eel

Thereโ€™s several classic Final Fantasy games on sale (~50% off) in the Android and iOS app stores.

The ones on discount, as far as I could tell, are Final Fantasy III (3D), Final Fantasy IV (3D), Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, and Final Fantasy IX.

Edit: Also Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana

And Final Fantasy Tactics

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

Well, finished of the Magnet Cave in IV yesterday and despite not being able to use metal weapons or armor, it wasn't as bad as I remember. After that I did the Tower of Zot, got Rosa back and went to the underworld where the game really opens up.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Magician

Been playing through V. I'm about a quarter...maybe a third of the way through. I ran into my first real challenge with the boss in the Ronka Ruins. I went in with a full squad of red mages. Mistakes were made.

I suppose I'll go back in with a monk or two to contend with the boss's elemental resistances.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tasuki

So continued with FF IV yesterday. Went through the Tower of Babel and that took a good amount of time mainly because it's been years since I played the game and I forgot where to go. I finished it eventually and got Edge on my party and just got the underworld airship. Now before tackling the sealed cave and getting the last crystal, I am wondering if maybe I should go to the Land of Summoners first and getting some more summons for Rydia.

Also I have to say, I love being able to up the XP amount and even turning off encounters at times. It just makes the game alot more enjoyable.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Eel

Yeah turning encounters off is super helpful for those moments when you found the correct route in the dungeon but want to backtrack to find chests ๐Ÿ˜…

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

Eel wrote:

Yeah turning encounters off is super helpful for those moments when you found the correct route in the dungeon but want to backtrack to find chests ๐Ÿ˜…

Not only that but when you are trying to find your way through a Dungeon but keep forgetting which way you come from etc cause you keep getting attacked by enemies every two steps.

My Backlog

jedgamesguy

Got Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster the other week and the game boosters are saving my patience for some of the more archaic RPG elements for sure. X4 experience points is my favourite since it cuts grinding down to just a few minutes when back in the day it would have been an hour. Music is superb and the new graphics are quite nice, definitely a hands off type of game though.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

RR529

Started up FF XVI last weekend.

I've actually been really enjoying it so far (then again, my favorite entries tend to be the more linear ones like X & VII Remake). Did the Garduda fight this morning & these Eikon battles are awesome as heck. Just finished up a little section in an area with autumn foliage & lots of waterfalls that was absolutely gorgeous.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Question.

I played VII Remake digitally on PS4 a few years ago, and decided I should probably play the Intergrade expansion on PS5 before Rebirth comes out.

Do you get a discount on the PS5 version of Remake for owning it on PS4, and does your save info (in the main game) carry over (& if it does, do you have to do anything special to transfer it)?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

XandertheWise

bought and installed two squaresoft games from my Playstation 4's PSN store last night

Final Fantasy VII Remastered and Saga Frontier Remastered.

Back then in the late 90s i never had the luxury of playing Saga Frontier so I really know nothing about the game anyway. Dont know what characters are like the main magic healer etc

XandertheWise

RR529

Finished up the "Episode INTERmission" expansion of FFVII Remake over the weekend.

It was a lot shorter than I'd imagined (I think the Xenoblade expansions & Miles Morales have spoiled me), but I still really ended up enjoying it. As epic as FFXVI was (and I still do like it a lot more than others seem to), playing this did affirm to me that I do overall prefer the tone & worlds of entries like X & VII Remake.

Anyhow, Yuffie was a hoot & I'm now quite looking forward to Rebirth.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

So, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth does let you freely choose between a few different alternate costumes for your party, but for whatever inane reason this feature seems to be locked to around 1/3rd of the map area of a single region.

Once you get too far away from Costa Del Sol the game forces everyone back to their default outfits. It's not just the beachwear either. All alternate costumes can only be worn in the tropical portion of Corel, even if the story portion of the game they were introduced in isn't related to Costa Del Sol at all.

For example, Yuffie wears a fancy dress during a certain cutscene at the Gold Saucer, and although you unlock the outfit afterwards, she can't actually wear it there. You have to go back to the area around Costa Del Sol to do so (the same is true for the beachwear, as well as the Shinra military gear you obtain during the Junon chapter).

Everything is fully coded for combat & exploration, the game just arbitrarily limits the feature for whatever reason I can't fathom. It'd be better if they didn't give the option at all rather than open it up and pull it away soon after.

Just to be clear this is a small issue in an otherwise fantastic game (though once again Fort Condor can do one. Luckily it hasn't popped back up yet), it's just so frustrating because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic