Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,675

BruceCM

The Pixel Remasters were completely remade, though, so they're arguably more worth their usual price than the ports of the 3D ones are? They're bound to go in similar sales soon enough, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

crashcontrol

I have finished Final Fantasy X today and...
It might be my favourite or my second favourite just behind IX in the series so far. The story was amazing, the graphics looked amazing especially considering it’s a PS2 game, I actually really like the traditional turn based battle system and the soundtrack was also great.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

BruceCM

FFVI PR tomorrow.... Probably around 4-5 pm UK time, unfortunately but I'll start it as soon as possible, at least! Anyone else going to be playing it?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

Sigh I really want that one on iOS, but it's pretty expensive there. I'll get it at some point though!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

This makes me wish that they remade this game fully in the HD-2D style.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Eel

Hehe ironically this is the only part of the game were it doesn't make sense for the stage to be a fully 3D model, considering it's meant to be a simple play!

I do love that they went and made it special though! I hear they also went and added lyrics in the other languages too. I wonder if the mistakes are voiced as well?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

Oh, I do hope so, @DarthNocturnal .... I'd definitely buy that version of it to go with the existing one!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

So I ended up finally getting FF6 to play on my phone, though so far I’ve noticed two unusual details:

The scene where Ultros knocks Sabin off the raft was glitched, with things just kind happening wrong (like Sabin staying idle on the raft for most while the other characters are worried he might drown)

And…

My playtime on the save file being wrong…? For some reason it thinks I’ve been playing for over 50 hours already. Has that happened to anyone else? My timer on FF3 was accurate.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Xyphon22

Finally convinced myself to give FFVII a go. I have not cared for Final Fantasy in the past (I've played and beaten I and VI), but I've heard about this game my whole life and wanted to at least try it. So far, it's definitely better than the previous two I've played. I'm just wondering two things if I'm missing anything. First, is there a way to at least quick save or something whenever I want? I understand the original game not having that, but I hoped the modern re-release would add something like that so I wouldn't have to find a save point. Second, is there some way to just do a normal attack instead of the limit break when the meter if full? I don't want to waste it on a normal enemy who is about to die anyways.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

BruceCM

Well, there are quite a few save-points around, @Xyphon22 .... But it would be nice if they added a quick save! You can skip to another character, assuming they're not all at limit break simultaneously

SW-4357-9287-0699

Xyphon22

I got to the place where I have left Midgar and am on the full world map for the first time. This is already definitely my favorite Final Fantasy game, and I'm glad I decided to give the series one last chance. I don't like when RPGs keep making you separate your party like this does, but at least you usually get to pick who goes where rather than getting stuck with whoever the game tells you. Already the story and the twists are really good. But is this really where the remake stops? And they charge a full game cost for it? Unless it adds an awful lot, that is a ripoff because I don't feel like I've done that much yet.

Xyphon22

BruceCM

Yeah, from reviews & people I know who played it, they have added quite a lot of side-stuff, @Xyphon22 .... & they had said before that came out what it covered! I'm still waiting for the remake to come to Steam, where I'll wait for it to get at least 20% off, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

crashcontrol

@Xyphon22 Well the remake manages to make the Midgar section into a full 35 hour game that feels complete since they work on developing the characters more in that particular section of the plot. Plus there is tons of side quests and reply value outside of the main game.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

VoidofLight

@crashcontrol I also prefer how they did that, since when I went to start playing the original, it surprised me how fast things were moving, and how little they did to actually build up any of the characters or the world of the game.

Xyphon22

@VoidofLight @crashcontrol Yeah when I got out of Midgar I looked up the story online to see if I'd just missed anything because I knew that they had mentioned Sephiroth in passing and that he was like some hero who wasn't around anymore but that is all I knew about him. Then the very next thing once I played again was like an hour long sequence detailing the backstory between Cloud and Sephiroth. So I hadn't missed it, I guess it was just a gameplay choice to not mention it at the beginning and save it for later.

Xyphon22

VoidofLight

@Xyphon22 Yeah, it's an intentional choice they made. They wanted to make him a mysterious figure in the original game that you hear a lot about, and hear about most of his feats. Some sort of mythological figure until he appears upon screen. In the remake, they gave that up and had him appear earlier because people already knew about Sephiroth and his feats.

BruceCM

Oh, there's plenty more to come, @Xyphon22 ..... Do keep us posted with that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Xyphon22

@VoidofLight That makes sense. I'm sure it would have been really cool back when the game first came out and nobody knew anything about the story (I don't know much, but I at least have heard of Sephiroth and know he's the bad guy).

@BruceCM Will do. I don't know why I'm feeling this game so much but didn't really care for FFVI at all. Maybe I was just biased because I've always seen the debate between it and Chrono Trigger for best RPG ever, and Chrono Trigger is my second favorite game of all time so there was no way it could live up to CT (I never played VI until the SNES Classic). Who knows? But hopefully I'll continue to enjoy VII.

Xyphon22

BruceCM

Well, FFVII is quite different gameplay from previous FF games, @Xyphon22 .... It'll be interesting if you do want to play the remake at some point to compare that, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic