Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,101 to 68,120 of 69,991

KAIRU

@Magician It's probably just more promo for Crash Team Rumble which releases in a couple weeks. I could be wrong though.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

Magician

@KAIRU Ah. I wasn't even aware of that. Hmm, that's probably all it is then.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

KAIRU

@Magician Yeah, I actually had to look it up there before I replied to your comment because I wasn't sure if it had released yet. I'm still not sure what genre of game it is. I think it's a multiplayer game but I'm not 100% certain.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

Grumblevolcano

@Magician Persona 3 Remake I think will be Xbox showcase given last year's Xbox showcase revealed P5R/P4G/P3P and Xbox had a timed exclusivity period on the announcement of those ports. The Crash tease definitely feels like more Crash Team Rumble gameplay and to be honest given the current status of the acquisition, I could see any new Activision announcements happen in the Xbox showcase instead.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@Grumblevolcano Perhaps. I only assume because Sega are listed as one of the companies showing something today. So what else would they have? I imagine there'll be more than a reminder for Samba de Amigo: Party Central.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

@Grumblevolcano Ho hum. Sonic Frontiers DLC doesn't sound like an E3-level announcement to me. More like a Twitter-drop level of important. But I suppose the game did sell well and perhaps Sega are...overly proud of it?

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

RR529

I know probably not since Armored Core 6 releases this year, they're both published by Bandai Namco, and probably have some audience overlap, but isn't it about time the next Ace Combat should be announced?

The last one released in what, 2018? 2019? Not that this would be likely to be a Switch related announcement, but I enjoyed 7 so hope 8 comes out sooner than later.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TheBigBlue

That was the most boring and mind numbing game event I’ve seen in a while. Geoff kept hyping up all these “surprises” and it’s literally just Final Fantasy Rebirth. Not saying the game doesn’t look pretty, but it was pretty much a lock for the event with all those developer comments on Twitter. Why hype it up as the “biggest surprise”? I thought it would get better past the pretty solid opening with Prince Of Persia, Mortal Kombat, etc, but after the Sonic and Honkai whatever it’s called, it really trailed off. Optimus Prime in Fortnite that got leaked two weeks ago. Woah. I guess Nicolas Cage showing up was funny too. Also, didn’t Geoff get that stupid Crash Bandicruited box? When does that happen? Man no wonder E3 died. How long will this fare I wonder. How many times did we get a “game industry revolutionized something something” Mr Geoff I can’t spell your last name?

Welcome to the new generation of gaming, everyone, and I can’t believe I’m saying this:

Capcom, save us all. Put on a decent show.

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

JaxonH

New 2D Sonic looks great. Price of Persia game has potential, too. Of course the Spiderman and FF look great, but those were already announced and frankly, I have no interest playing them on my PS5 so I'm in for the long wait of the Steam releases for Deck.

Things are starting to pick up again on Switch though. We've got Raincode in about 3 more weeks, Trails Into Reverie a week after that, and another 2 weeks after that is Pikmin 4, the GOAT (well, Zelda TotK is the GOAT, but Pikmin 4 will be up there). After that is anyone's guess. But we do know DecaPolice and Fantasy Life i could release in Q3... maybe. Hopefully.

I fully expect the Persona 3 Remake and Persona 5 spinoff to not be announced for Switch right away, but instead will be announced at the next Direct, whenever that ends up being. Assuming we are truly in the final months of Switch, Nintendo will likely rely on whatever announcements they can muster to push through this holiday (though I do expect at least 1 or 2 notable 1st party releases as well to push at the tape).

edit
Oh, and the final Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak bonus update is out which is super dope. Primordial Malzeno, the authentic Malzeno without corruption from the Qurio. Looks like it was designed after a knight, while the original species was obviously designed after a vampire.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Lony85

Yea, the Sonic Superstars game looks great. As it stands, I'll definitely be picking it up.

Lony85

Switch Friend Code: SW-7613-6555-4505

NintendoByNature

I thought prince of Persia looks great. Almost looks Ubisofts take on metroid dread.

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

Surely Persona 3 Reload and especially Persona 5 Tactica are coming to Switch. Probably won't hear anything about Switch/PlayStation versions right away though.

Persona 5 Tactica looks like it's right up @JaxonH's alley

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TheBigBlue

Thanks for catching that persona remake trailer, Faz. They took it down shortly after and I’m pretty sure the admin that posted it is either going to be fired or executed

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Most definitely.

I could see this going one of two ways.

1) Games are announced for Switch separately in the next direct, whenever that is, just like Persona 3, Persona 4 and Persona 5
2) Games are announced as Switch 2 launch titles whenever the next system is revealed, either this fall or next January, since P3R is releasing early 2024, which would make it a perfect candidate for a Switch 2 launch window title

Either way, they'll come to Switch/Switch 2. And while I'm definitely delighted to see Persona 3, I never regarded it on the same level as P4 or P5. It's the tactics game I wanna play.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Atlus/Nintendo and their never-ending quest to keep me from tackling my backlog lol.

P5T looks like it was probably developed with Switch hardware in mind from the beginning. That evolved PQ-esque artstyle is perfect for the platform. No way it's not coming at some point.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@NeonPizza
Rokid Max doesn't project handheld versions. It recognizes as docked so you get 1080p

JaxonH

@NeonPizza
There's no HDR. It's just a micro OLED screen projected off mirrors and lenses. No picture settings. It's literally just mirroring your screen. That's it. No tricks, no gimmicks. Just straight up OLED mirror image.

It does support 3D, but I could never get the adapter to properly work with my Panasonic UB-820. It'll work with 3D files from your phone using VLC media player but you gotta mess with the aspect ratio.

JaxonH

@NeonPizza
Moves when you move. It's literally just a mirror image, nothing else. There's an AR mode with an app that lets you pin windows but that always seemed like a gimmick to me, never bothered to try.

JaxonH

New Switch screenshots for Sonic Superstars are looking pretty good. I despise modern Sonic games- they're trash of the highest order. But this game looks fantastic. I love the original Sonic games on Genesis. And this looks like the modernized take on 2D Sonic I've always wanted:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic