Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,081 to 68,100 of 69,981

JaxonH

@Trailblazerkeebler

Here's a good chunk of games that aren't exclusives that I think look and run well enough to be the definitive version on Switch given the gyro aiming and 3 modes of play:

Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak
Ori Blind Forest
Ori Will of the Wisps
Resident Evil Revelations 1 + 2
Resident Evil 5
Sniper Elite 3
Sniper Elite 4
Zombie Army 4
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 5 Royal
Nier Automata
Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection
Assassin's Creed III Collection
Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection
Borderlands Legendary Collection
Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Crysis Trilogy
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X/X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Dark Souls
Diablo 3
Dragon's Dogma
Dying Light
LA Noire
Neon White
Okami HD
Portal Companion Collection
Rayman Legends
Saint's Row 4
Skyrim
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1/2
Valkyria Chronicles
Valkyria Chronicles 4

Obviously there's many others (you mentioned The Witcher 3). But I don't feel that's best experienced on Switch so I didn't include it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FishyS

@NeonPizza How was Ori significantly better on xbox? It was so beautiful and responsive on Switch and convenient to move back and forth between handheld and docked, I honestly can't guess. For many ports I think 'I bet this would run a bit better if not on Switch' but that didn't even occur to me on Ori. I just looked up an old review: 'Ori plays well and looks exquisite for a game running on the Switch in handheld mode. In docked mode, the difference [between versions] is even less noticeable'. Granted, that was the first game.. is it a bigger difference for the second?

Of course Switch is cheaper than PS5, PC, etc. and most people don't actually have multiple good ways to play games so how to play a certain game is often a moot point.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Anti-Matter

@Trailblazerkeebler
My recommendations:

3rd party games
Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles
Go Vacation
Moving Out
Overcooked All You Can Eat
Epic Chef
Dodgeball Academia
Youtubers Life 2
Cat Quest 1 & 2
Nexomon + Nexomon Extinction
Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town
Pocoyo Party
Pode
Lost Sphear
Earthlock
LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER
Wheel of Fortune + Jeopardy
The Snack World
Little Friends: Dogs and Cats
Pretty Princess Party
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X/X-2
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

1st party games
ARMS
Animal Crossing New Horizons
1-2-Switch
Miitopia

Anti-Matter

Fizza

you ever get hit with back-to-back news so incredible and so catered to you specifically that you begin to wonder whether or not this is all a dream?
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Magician

@Fizza Meh, Capcom Showcases are usually little more than "look what you can purchase today".

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

As someone who lives in a rural area that gets hit with power outages and flickers semi-frequently, I've come to appreciate all of my devices that have battery backup options, including the Switch. Nothing is worse than losing progress in a game for me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

@NeonPizza Capcom will remind their customers of the SF6 season one character pass (probably August), the last update for Monster Hunter Rise (June 7th event), Ghost Trick's release date (June 19th), Exoprimal release date (July 14th), with possibly an update for Pragmata (development hell?).

Probably another reminder for Resident Evil Death Island on July 7th as well.

And lastly a reminder for the launch of Capcom Town on June 11th, because who doesn't love digital theme parks?

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@Magician With Monster Hunter I think what'll happen is:

• The June 7th event reveals the release date of the final Sunbreak update as June 8th
  • Some event prior to June 12th (e.g. Summer Game Fest on June 8th, Xbox Showcase on June 11th) reveals the next mainline Monster Hunter game
  • Capcom showcase reveals more about the new game

@Giancarlothomaz That's been present for years.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

The final Sunbreak update is releasing June 8th:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheBigBlue

“Nintendo is preparing to make a video game, which is currently in development”

Metroid Prime 4!?! No way! That’s an amazing leak/rumor! I think the fan base may be grasping at straws here

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

XandertheWise

hours ago earlier tonight i got back into playing Bravely Default II and beat the Bastion boss. That boss was tough since i didnt know how to exactly deal with the boss and was getting annoyted when he kept counter attacking my attacks that i was attacking him with. Glad that's over now to get on with the rest of the story in the game. almost wasted my X potions and ethers just to stay alive

XandertheWise

Magician

Summer Gamefest tonight.

Where are our hype levels at?

I assume we're getting first looks at Mortal Kombat 1 and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

@Grumblevolcano

Figure the Persona 3 Remake and a new Crash Bandicoot game are due as well.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic