Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,121 to 68,140 of 69,997

MarioVillager92

@JaxonH Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. I love a good Sonic game, so hopefully this will be at least as good as Sonic Mania.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MsJubilee

Been playing Prodeus this past week. The game is awesome; how did I miss this gem? And it looks great, to boot.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
Game looked excellent. Unfortunately, they refused to include gyro aiming so I just wrote it off and never looked back.

@MarioLover92
Three things it needs to do to reach the level. It needs to nail the mechanics so it feels like classic Sonic, it needs to nail the level design with a mix of speed and secrets/exploration, and it needs to have killer music.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Buizel

As a near-lifelong Sonic fan I've been burned too much to get excited about any new announcement. I'm gonna reserve my judgment until the game comes out.

This was my approach with Frontiers and I actually ended up pleasantly surprised.

Unfortunately this probably means I'm going to buy the game anyway... But I'll make sure I pick up a physical version just in case I absolutely hate it.

I doesn't help that I find the critic response to Sonic games to not be a very good indicator of overall quality for this series.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

TheBigBlue

@Buizel yeah, because of Sonic’s less than stellar game history, specifically that 2006 game that shall not be named, reviewers like IGN had it in their heads for the longest time that because that game was abysmal, every sonic game moving forward would be abysmal. It made me physically wince trying to watch IGN try and nitpick the likes of Sonic Colors and Generations, two of the much better sonic games during that era, with stupid reasoning like “The lighting and Colors in Sonic Colors are too bright” and “Sonic would randomly stop once he hit a wall in Generations” Yeah, that’s because you hit a wall in the game, review person. Reviews against the Sonic franchise as a whole has been biased against the series for over two decades now, so I wouldn’t take them too seriously.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Buizel

@TheBigBlue Well I guess a lot of it (as with anything) is down to personal opinion as well. I remember Colors being quite warmly received, but I personally can't stand the game. Meanwhile I am part of the crowd that thinks Unleashed is criminally underrated (likely because it was the first big title after 06, and it has its flaws...)

How Sonic 4 on Wii is sitting at 81 on Metacritic is beyond me though. For comparison, across the multiple platforms Sonic Mania sits within the mid-to-high 80s. And Unleashed falls at around 60!

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Magician

Ubisoft Forward is live right now.

Anyone watching?

Capcom's Showcase after that.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

StarPoint

@Magician I've got it on in the background. The only thing I'm interested in seeing is Star Wars Outlaws since I love Star Wars games. Don't have super high hopes for it since it is Ubisoft, but we'll have to see I suppose.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Grumblevolcano

@Magician I'm skipping it but will be interesting to see if Sparks of Hope DLC is present. If it's not present it gives further hope for a Direct happening.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@StarPoint It's from the team behind The Division series. Should be good at the very least.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioVillager92

@JaxonH Oh yeah absolutely. Mania nailed all three of those things you've mentioned, and then some. It's become one of my favorite games, alongside stuff like Super Mario 3D World. Most of the 2D Sonic games I do like, the only one I didn't like was Sonic 4.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Magician

Half a dozen AssCreed games yet no current-gen ports for either Child of Eden and/or Beyond Good & Evil? Those French folk over at Ubisoft be stumblin' and bumblin', yo. Stop fondling your female employees and get me some ports of your classic catalogue. Chop chop.

Star Wars "Uncharted" Outlaws does look great though.

Edited on by Magician

IceClimbers

NoA just launched a major sale on the US eShop.

Astral Chain, Xenoblade 3, and Metroid Dread are all $41.99 for those that haven't picked them up

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JokerCK

It's not that big of a deal. Most of the games price don't even matches previous low.

JokerCK

Magician

Capcom's up next in less than a few hours.

Any wishes or hopes?

TheBigBlue

@IceClimbers yeah I saw those sales, it’s very rare you see first party games like Super Mario Party and Metroid Dread go on sale these days. I already have Superstars and Dread, and the other sales like the Portal Collection, I already one those. Whoever doesn’t have these games, pick them up! They’re all brilliant! Especially dread. Make buying that game your priority.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

GameOtaku

@Magician
Disney Afternoon Collection for switch with additional content or maybe Remastered versions of those games exclusively on switch.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

MsJubilee

@JaxonH Prodeus is still great, even without Gyro.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

I'm just ready for Raincode, that's next in the lineup.

@Buizel
I don't like Colors either. For me it's the movement and clunky platforming. Just doesn't feel right, and is very irritating. It's better than other Sonics but... not good enough.

Generations, on the other hand, I liked. But it felt like a classic Sonic game (and the newer Sonic segments were fun too).

@MsJubilee
No doubt, but I can't do it. FPS games with sticks only just drive me crazy (I played Bioshock on Switch without gyro and it was still fun, but I had to turn it on easy to not die all the time, so I eventually gave up and switched to Deck for the gyro). Figured I'd grab on Steamdeck in a sale where I can map gyro. It's on my wishlist

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic