Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 67,081 to 67,100 of 69,981

Ralizah

@old-dad I wish VC3 could have enjoyed a Western release at all.

At least, if you own a PSP or Vita, it's a simple enough thing to install custom firmware and play it with the the fan translation. It's not as satisfying as actually buying an official localization, but at least options exist.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

old-dad

@Ralizah yeah i played both on psp but would love to give them a go on the switch.

old-dad

skywake

TheBigBlue wrote:

Social media empties the entire can of gasoline on the leaks and rumours; it fuels YouTube videos. I just wish these leakers weren’t given the credibility or the time of day.

I honestly just don't consume that garbage. I mean, I'll watch some of it just so I can engage with some of the leak/speculation discussion that happens on these pages. But I usually regret checking those videos out when I do. And outside of that I don't follow any Nintendo youtubers, I don't look at twitter, I don't look at facebook, I don't follow any Nintendo stuff on Reddit. Honestly I don't even look at the front page of this site except for the few seconds before I click past it. It's basically just this forum and Nintendo's official Youtube Channel

So let them leak, speculate , rant and rave all they want. I'm going into TotK blind

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

I'm happy to see Bayonetta Origins turned out to be a good game. The demo surprised me, and Platinum definitely needed another win besides Bayonetta 3, especially being one of their most unique releases to date (have they ever made a game this different before? I don't think so... well, maybe Sol Cresta, but that was a shmup, spiritual successor to Moon Cresta, and a passion project).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Nier Automata is different for sure, but I wouldn't say it's that different. It's still a 3rd person action game with humanoid characters that perform intricate combos. I'd rank it about as different as Wonderful 101 or Astral Chain. Well... maybe a smidge more given the story and RPG mechanics.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

old-dad

Astral Chain was my favorite Platinum game release, guess i"m just a sucker for that anime art style but the game play was spot on. Fingers crossed Nintendo will let them do a sequel.

old-dad

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH true, is very hard to find a game that Platinum Games dont have it caracterist, is part of Platinum Games made games with engaging combat system is part of they DNA, is like From Software that is know for it souls like games

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Magician

I swear being a fan of LRG and their products feels as though I'm on a non-stop teeter totter. On one hand, the Super Hydorah LE has begun shipping, which is great. LRG do manage to deliver product eventually, unlike some other boutique publishers I know. On the other hand, LRG will be making standard editions available on Amazon, which sucks for FOMO collectors such as myself.

I...would have preferred a standard edition copy, if it were available to preorder sixteen months ago. Unfortunately, only the LE was available to order at that time. I spent money where I would have preferred to not spend. But it was all or nothing.

So thanks go to LRG for making physical copies of these games.

But at same time **** *** for making me feel as though you're grifting me....yet again.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH i see, but how Retro Studios can perfect a masterpiece such Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freezy, for the next Donkey Kong game? the game is nearly flawless, theres almost nothing you can do to perfect this masterpiece(Donkey Kong Tropical Freezy and use as a base for the next 2D Donkey Kong game), well when Retro Studios is busy working on Metroid Prime 4 and possibly remastering Metroid Prime 2 e 3 with the same quality of Metroid Prime Remastered but even better, Nintendo could hire Playtronic games to work on the next 2D Donkey Kong game, after all Playtronic games staff is made off of ex-Rare employees that has worked on the classic Donkey Kong Country trilogy

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

StuTwo

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

@JaxonH i see, but how Retro Studios can perfect a masterpiece such Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freezy, for the next Donkey Kong game? the game is nearly flawless, theres almost nothing you can do to perfect this masterpiece

Easy, just for a start off: Magic powers! Wedding after wedding after wedding! Long lost triplets! A tiny green space alien named Ozmodiar that only Donkey Kong can see!

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
I'm not a game developer so I can't think of things off the top of my head, but I trust Retro to be able to figure something out.

Besides which, even if they didn't evolve the formula further, just giving us more perfection is always a good thing. New levels, bring Kremlings back for final entry, maybe let us tag partners like in the old games to switch between Diddy, Dixie, Cranky and DK, and bring back a bunch of animal partners like Engarde and the spider.

Edited on by JaxonH

old-dad

Chrono cross is on sale in the eshop 👍

old-dad

Magician

What will happen first?

Nintendo contracts Koei Tecmo for a Fatal Frame VI or will we get a collection of the first three games?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

old-dad wrote:

Chrono cross is on sale in the eshop 👍

apparently Squeenix is running a sale for a few titles. NL just posted a PSA.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic