Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 67,101 to 67,120 of 69,981

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama

Mmm, Star Ocean is 60% off until the end of the month.

I might have to nab that instead of holding my coins for Paranormasight.

Tough call.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Kermit1doesmath

I now own a Pro Controller, my life is complete.

dysgraphia awareness human

1UP_MARIO

Game boy poster set from my Nintendo uk

Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

I can't help but think Nintendo's going to announce Wave 5 of the Booster Course Pass the week beginning April 10th for the 15th anniversary of MKWii. Also it's the week before Disney Speedstorm launches and Mario Kart competitors tend to release around whenever there's something happening with MK8 Deluxe.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

Grumblevolcano wrote:

the 15th anniversary of MKWii

Don't do this to me...

You mean the 15th anniversary of Mario Kart 64, surely?

At least 2'8".

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano That's too soon for the next wave. They like to space out the DLC for the most part (FE Engage has been the exception rather than the rule) and we just got Wave 4. Wave 5 most likely launches late June/early July. I don't think they care about anniversaries nearly as much as you think they do.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

@TheBigBlue Even if Nintendo did do anniversary stuff for individual games, there is absolutely no way in this universe Metroid Prime Remastered would have launched on the same date as the original.

Sure, November 18 2022 was a Friday, so it'd line up, but there are two big reasons Nintendo wouldn't do it.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I was thinking announce not necessarily release, possibly like what they did in September for wave 3. If Nintendo want to stay completely silent about TotK (which is starting to seem more likely), there's probably going to be a bunch of DLC announcements in April alongside giving Advance Wars attention.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

old-dad

Magician wrote:

What will happen first?
Nintendo contracts Koei Tecmo for a Fatal Frame VI or will we get a collection of the first three games?

I can see them green lighting a new game just to help fill a niche like they have done on with Bayoneeta. I've all but given up on Nintendo doing any collections, well except for Prime 2 & 3 lol

old-dad

old-dad

Kermit1 wrote:

I now own a Pro Controller, my life is complete.

Yes lol

old-dad

Ryu_Niiyama

@Buizel Nope, we are getting old.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

skywake

1UP_MARIO wrote:

Game boy poster set from my Nintendo uk
Untitled

Definitely one of the few times recently they've put out something on there that I might actually want to get. Though it's not in the AU store (yet) unfortunately

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MarioVillager92

@1UP_MARIO Those posters look sweet. I would have placed an order for them by now if they were available here in the US.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

1UP_MARIO

@MarioLover92 hopefully they come over there

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Magician

TheBigBlue wrote:

Who here owns a physical copy of Team Sonic Racing for the Switch? Not even woz the Scott does, at least I think so.

@TheBigBlue

There are dozens of us. Dozens!

Untitled

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

The Switch is still alive but you'd never have guessed it from retail presence. Disappointed that I couldn't even get Joy-Con to replace my drifting pair and then I saw that online is also absent. Guess I need to wait for Switch 2/Pro/whatever for new ones then, if Joy-Con are even a thing with a more powerful Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Magician

@Grumblevolcano

Sacrifice hd rumble, tabletop mode, gyro, as well as nfc and get a third party set of joy-con. The Hori Split Pad Pro has been the only joy-con option that have lasted longer than six months for me. Granted, they're not immune to drift, most analog control options are susceptible. But I've been using the same pair for years now.

Which reminds me, I need to give the Split Pad Compact a try at some point.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is coming to Switch.

Very cool. I'll take all the Falcom games I can get.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic