Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,761 to 58,780 of 69,981

Grumblevolcano

It came to mind that the Game Awards may not have game announcements on the Nintendo front this year. In the past we've gotten stuff like Joker and Sephiroth in Smash, new info on BotW, Bayonetta 1-3, etc. but the Game Awards isn't just about games as there have been new info on movies there. So with the September Direct announcing the release window and cast for the Mario movie, I think Nintendo's big announcement at the Game Awards this year may be a debut trailer for the Mario movie.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

I agree, no gaming news from Nintendo at TGA. The only thing I could see is them announcing a port to release in February. Hilariously, Metroid Prime Remake/Remaster/Trilogy (if that's a thing) would be the perfect thing for that, even though it's probably not real.

Otherwise... I'm not sure what else would make sense to reveal there specifically. A TTYD remake or XCX perhaps? Or something from the GBA library. It'd probably be a western focused series, and Zelda was disconfirmed until after March...

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Given we've heard nothing about Advance Wars since E3, I'm leaning towards that becoming the February title.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Honestly, that would be a good choice. It's quite possible they'll start promoting it after Superstars comes out, but a delay is possible too.

link3710

JaxonH

I seriously doubt Advance Wars will get delayed. It already has a release date.

When's the last time Nintendo delayed a game that it had given a specific release date to? Only time I've ever seen them delay games is when they have release windows

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Don't know whether it's the most recent case but Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard did get delayed from November 20th 2015 to April 22nd 2016.

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Fair enough. Let's put some math on it.

One confirmed game delayed with a release date out of... let's say an average of 8 releases per year for the last 6 years... that's 48 releases... just call it 50. That's 1 in 50, or a 2% chance.

Ergo, Advance Wars has, roughly, a 98% chance of not being delayed, based on real historical data.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MarioVillager92

@Grumblevolcano Breath of the Wild kept getting delayed until it came out alongside the Switch's launch, IIRC. Other than that and Star Fox Zero, I don't recall Nintendo delaying their games in recent years, honestly. They've been consistent with their Switch game releases.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

@MarioLover92 BotW didn't get a specific release date until the Switch Presentation in January 2017, @JaxonH isn't referring to vague release windows being delayed.

Grumblevolcano

RR529

Yeah, there's lots they could do at TGA, even if it's just a new trailer for a confirmed game like Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak or Bayonetta 3. I wouldn't count out the possibility of a Mario movie trailer, as previously mentioned, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

GamingBread

@Grumblevolcano I REALLY want to see what the animation style is.

I am a piece of bread, and I love playing 3D World.
The Switch is one of the best consoles ever.
I'm guessing people will make a lot of jokes about my username.

Friend Code: SW-0185-9912-2805

IceClimbers

I see no reason to believe Advance Wars will get delayed. It's a mostly 1:1 remake like BDSP. In fact it might be even more of one than BDSP.

As for the Game Awards, I agree we won't see gaming news from Nintendo specifically, and will instead get a trailer for the Mario movie.

I could see us getting something from Capcom though, whether it be a trailer for Sunbreak or a reveal for Resident Evil Outrage.

Also, I think it's pretty clear that Triangle Strategy in early March is the next big release after Arceus. There won't be a big February title... but I think that's when we'll get the next Direct, which is when we'll get an eShop title of some kind.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

I think they're probably adding online play to AW 1 + 2, which would be a huge change

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

I'm pretty sure they said online is confirmed.

But I also thought that of Super Monkey Ball, so I don't trust anything anymore.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RedRaven723

Anyone in the UK know where I can purchase the white OLED Switch? Tried all the usual sources but all out of stock.

RedRaven723

1UP_MARIO

@RedRaven723 very.co.uk

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic