Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,741 to 58,760 of 69,987

BruceCM

Let us know how it went after finishing, @NintendoByNature .... Don't suppose that'll take too long

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

JaxonH wrote:

Cruis'n Blast effectively $19.99 on BestBuy website

It's technically on sale for $29.99 but has a $10 BestBuy gift card with purchase.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cruisn-blast-nintendo-switch/646...

Be warned Best Buy may not honor the gift card. I took my copy back because they refused to honor the gift card for a preorder.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Artonide

Got my switch oled today. Impressed with the screen, worth every penny. 😊

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

MarioVillager92

I'm really curious. Apparently the Switch OLED's game card slot is harder to open. For those people who have it, is it indeed as hard as Nintendo Life's review suggested?

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Koldur

MarioLover92 wrote:

I'm really curious. Apparently the Switch OLED's game card slot is harder to open. For those people who have it, is it indeed as hard as Nintendo Life's review suggested?

It is indeed a lot harder, but using a plastic pry would solve it too. Just keep such an item in the pouch you store the switch in at all times and you're good.

Koldur

JaxonH

Jokes on them. I won't be using the cart slot 😉

Also, PAL N64 games are 60 Hz. What a surprise. But that didn't spare us from havoc in the comment sections about it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MarioVillager92

@Koldur @Sdelintwouters Thanks guys - seems like that may be different across multiple units, then. I did see a review of the Switch OLED by Modern Vintage Gamer, and his game card slot looked like there was a small opening.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

rallydefault

Some of the reviews I've watched have mentioned the slot being a bit more of a pain to open. Most of my games are on carts, and I do a lot of my switching between them at the whim of my daughter who keeps pivoting me from my current games back to MK8 lol, but that's not enough to drive me away.

I'm still on the fence because it doesn't actually do anything my current Switch can't... honestly I'd be more in it for the wired networking rather than the screen lol

350 bucks...ugh. I love Nintendo, but I just can't justify it. That's like... a third of a new PC build I could do next year haha.

rallydefault

Artonide

@MarioLover92
Dont know if its a huge difference between the oled units, but mine is very easy to open, easier than the old switch. I got very short nails, but my man fingers can easily open it, so i dont understand the negative reviews on this.

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

JaxonH

@DennisNOR
It doesn't have the same little cutout notch in the middle, but it was still really easy to open for me. I was expecting something way more difficult based on reviews. When it opened super easy I was like... oh. OK.

@X-Slayer
You're right where I'm at, give or take. I have all the same power ups you do (except Scan Pulse, haven't got that yet).

Love how the game lets you sequence break if you really want to.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Alan Wake Remastered rated for Switch

https://nintendoeverything.com/alan-wake-remastered-has-been-...

Also got rated by PEGI.

So ya, basically Alan Wake Remastered for Switch all but confirmed! Been waiting on this one...

MarioVillager92

@rallydefault Yeah, not sure if I'd ever get the Switch OLED anytime soon. It has some nice new features, but I think I'd be good with just sticking with my regular Switch until Nintendo's next gen console comes out, or if my console starts screwing up somehow. I already have a wired connection via the Wii LAN adapter, too. That game card slot thing really got me curious, though.

@DennisNOR Ah really? Glad to hear that's not an issue for you, then.

rallydefault

@MarioLover92
Plus, the news article about the PWM flicker worries me a bit. I'm super sensitive to it with my computer monitors, and I don't want to play with the brightness all the way up.

rallydefault

Xyphon22

Is there a way to see how eShop purchases are made? I recently noticed that all my eShop money was gone. I was pretty sure it went to renewing my NSO subscription, but I thought it made me pay that with my credit card so I was confused. I found on the website that I made the purchase, but not where the money came from. It's only been from seeing that my credit card was only charged 94 cents that I am pretty sure that is indeed where my eShop money went, but I still haven't found any definitive receipt or anything.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

JaxonH

@Xyphon22
All purchases should result in an emailed receipt.

Also, go to My Nintendo, sign in, then go to Account Settings (click icon in top right), then select Shop Menu, then select Purchase History. Every transaction is shown with date and amount. Reference emails for that date and amount for payment info.

MarioVillager92

@rallydefault Ah yeah, I can see that being a problem...anytime I play on my 3DS or Switch, or use my phone, I tend to have the brightness all the way down, just so I can preserve battery life. And I can still see the screen well, unless the sunlight obscures it. I always thought the regular Switch's portable screen looked quite good.

JaxonH

Just ordered one of these in white (last color left, and only 1 left for sale) to match the new OLED Switch.

It stores 2 extra micro SD inside a 3D printed game cartridge so you can keep extra storage on hand wherever you go, even when using a slim flip case that doesn’t have room for storing extra micro SD.

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for, for like, 3-4 years now. Can’t believe I found one, finally!

Untitled

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I was curious about using two micro SD cards.
Let's say i saved my ACNH progress on Micro SD card A then i swapped the micro SD card A with another micro SD card (micro SD card B)
If i play ACNH again with micro SD card B (fully brand new, never used to save any data before) can i save on micro SD card B and get a totally different island so i can make a 2nd island ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Koldur

Save games are never stored on SD cards, so it won't matter. They are stored on the internal memory.

Koldur

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic