Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,241 to 58,260 of 69,962

Ryu_Niiyama

Why were you expecting a Direct announcement? (Seriously confused here)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@Ryu_Niiyama Patterns from previous years suggested there'd be one last week or this week. Even last year when there wasn't a general Direct all year, there was the SMB 35th anniversary Direct on September 3rd and a Partner Showcase on September 17th.

It's not a problem, there's more than enough games to be playing and looking forward to but just a bit disappointing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

I'd say I'm disappointed that we're coming up on 3 years of NSO with no new added systems. Then again, I'd rather them make a new vc type system for anything new that's announced.

NintendoByNature

HotGoomba

I would love a collection of every Virtual Boy game ever on Nintendo Switch

Edited on by HotGoomba

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

FragRed

@HotGoomba Even Waterworld?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Why were you expecting a Direct announcement? (Seriously confused here)

Well, peoples like to know what upcoming games that will be released very soon or next year.

Anti-Matter

HotGoomba

@FragRed Even Waterworld.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Untitled

@FragRed
Who doesn't like Waterworld?

Untitled

Untitled

@Grumblevolcano
Cruis'n Blast is so fun I stayed up playing til midnight last night and even called in sick today. I haven't had this kind of feeling from an arcade racing game since I was a teenager back on the N64. It doesn't even feel like a racing game. At least, not like any other racing game from the past 20 years. It's a gem. An absolute gem.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH is that dennis hopper? And he said Mario Bros was his walk of shame? Hahahahahahahaha!

I leave the speculation to the fans. I just thought I missed a press release. I’m in the “if Nintendo didn’t say it then pics or it didn’t happen” camp. I hate leak culture because we could be talking about what is actually out or upcoming but people only care about fantasy systems and derailing anything that might be positive for gay people on this site.

Welp my copy of crusin will be in tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

link3710

@JaxonH Regarding the 3ds xl, the main advantage to it IMO was the much larger size. My hands can't hold a regulars DS or 3ds any longer without cramping.

link3710

Magician

(making budget decisions)

With the September-October release schedule being as crowded as it is, I think I'm going to have to skip buying Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot day-one and just wait for a deep discount. And that's a tough call for a DBZ fan like myself. I own copies of FighterZ, World Mission, and Xenoverse 2. I love me my Dragon Ball.

Unfortunately, all the various boutique publishers and my upcoming Birthday import extravaganza have effectively torpedoed my budget for next couple months. Oh well, I suppose I can take solace in the fact that Bamco usually overproduce physical copies of their games. High profile Bamco physical releases in Murica usually reach 50% mrsp shortly after release.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Zuljaras wrote:

Are you getting the SRG Deponia collection?

@Zuljaras Yup. I'm keeping that complete-SRG-collection train moving. I threw down $150 on the newest bundle yesterday. Ouch. Then today we've got preorders opening for Love Esquire and The Letter via Play-Asia. Ooooof! And who knows what kind of preorders LRG will shadow-drop tomorrow?

These limited print companies have been working me over this month.
Untitled

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
The one and only.

And Waterworld is his magnum opus! If you haven't seen it, you really need to.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp sounds like Ni no Kuni II was a good port so that’s on the BF haul list. I just wish Bamco would give us a soul calibur game.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama It makes me wonder who handled the port job? Game Engine was the development team responsible for the port of the first game, but I don't believe they were contracted for the sequel.

FragRed

@JaxonH ITS FINALLY HERE! Thank God I’m not working until Monday, can play Cruis’n Blast every day without work getting in the way!!

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@FragRed
Pop the cork 🍾

A lot of us had been waiting for Cruis'n Blast to get a Switch port since it released in arcades in 2017

FragRed

@JaxonH Wow. Have all the arcade games had a home console release?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic