Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,261 to 58,280 of 70,025

JaxonH

@FragRed
All the Cruis'n games have now, yes. And Raw Thrills recently hinted at a Switch collection with Cruis'n USA, Cruis'n World and Cruis'n Exotica all bundled together.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@JaxonH Really hope they do. I just can’t stop playing. It’s the arcade racing I have been wanting for so long. It’s got to be my favourite game the year.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@FragRed
Yes yes yes! You get it. A lot of people don't get it. They don't understand the appeal. The hype. The unbelievable excitement.

I'm not sure it's my favorite game of the year- Monster Hunter Rise would certainly have to take that spot. But it's up there. And, it scratches a particular itch no other game has scratched or even could scratch. It's the best true arcade racing game I've ever played. Easily. All the best ones before have been indies or retro titles. We've been waiting so long for this. It's like having the arcade in your pocket, PLUS a World Tour with 24 additional tracks and difficulty modes.

I'll say this. Cruis'n Blast is a must-own on Switch as much as Zelda, Mario, Splatoon or any other high class exclusive. Not that it'll provide the same amount of content, or that it offers technical parity, but it's simply the absolute best of its genre. Simple as that. If you want classic N64 era arcade racing, no other game does it better.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@Isashihtzu
I would like to see Animal Crossing Sports Festival (Sport games compilation like Olympic games) or Animal Crossing Chronicles of the Kingdom (JRPG style game like Miitopia) or Animal Crossing World Builders (Dragon Quest Builders style).

Anti-Matter

gcunit

I don't think a JRPG would suit the Animal Crossing IP very much. A major feature of AC is that there's no story, no drama, it's just aimless. To transpose the characters from that chill, aimless world into a random adventure just doesn't fit very well in my eyes.

Perhaps a spin-off based on the adventures of Gulliver could generate something though.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Since a lot of peoples like to make a recreation of movie scenes or video clip in ACNH, I think the best spin-off for Animal Crossing is Animal Crossing Superstar with gameplay like The Sims Superstar and ability to make specific scenes for movie shooting with tons of gestures. Think Animal Crossing + The Sims Superstar + Youtubers Life 2

Anti-Matter

HotGoomba

Isashihtzu wrote:

@ Anti-Matter
A JRPG could fit Animal Crossing very well, if they keep it lighthearted that is. Don't want Timmy and Tommy being offered to a demon lord or anything like that. 😱

Untitled

Tom Nook sells Timmy and Tommy for 62 cents.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

JaxonH

Yo!

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama

Magician wrote:

@Ryu_Niiyama It makes me wonder who handled the port job? Game Engine was the development team responsible for the port of the first game, but I don't believe they were contracted for the sequel.

Was the first game a bad port? I played it on ps4 and bought the Switch version in support but haven’t done anything with it yet because I still haven’t developed chronokinesis yet or immortality. Either or.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
First game was excellent on Switch. Native 720p handheld (and docked, but it looked fine).

Ni No Kuni 2 looks lower res in handheld and has less stable framerate. It's playable but you do notice it. Of course, it's a more demanding game also.

Anti-Matter

Interesting...
I found some these upcoming games from playasia.
Untitled
Autobahn: Police Simulator 2 Switch Edition
https://www.play-asia.com/autobahn-police-simulator-2/13/70ex7l
26 Nov 2021

I already have Autobahn Police Simulator 2 PS4 version, so....

Untitled
https://www.play-asia.com/pups-purrs-animal-hospital/13/70e88p

AAAAAAGH...!!! 😃😃😃
The English version of WanNyan Pet Byoin called Pups & Purrs Animal Hospital.
The game made by Nippon Columbia published by AKSYS, same like Pretty Princess Party. 😄

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH oh. Ok that’s all workable then. I haven’t bought it yet (waiting for BF) but I have it on ps4 as well. Either way I’ll get it since at this point the Switch is the only way I will beat anything.

Edit General Thread Comment: WTF is going on with the Disney Classics collection? It sounds like they are adding the SNES version of Aladdin. That better be dlc…

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama

No, the port for the first game is fine.

I was just curious; since reports are the port for II is excellent, I want to know who's responsible.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Magician
I wouldn't say the port for 2 is excellent, personally. I'd call it decent.

The first, however, I would say is an excellent port.

Pizzamorg

I had completely forgotten that I had a big ole credit on my Nintendo account because I had a load of problems with Mario Kart 8's online functionality and after many weeks, they finally agreed to remove my licence and credit my account for the value. As such, I picked up Cruis'n Blast after all. I have only just jumped in quick in handheld, over the week I'll try it out docked.

In handheld, it looks and plays nice, especially as a lot can be happening on screen at once. Although at times the FOV can be really claustrophobic for some reason.

Those sort of old school, crunchy, takedowns of other cars - Burnout style - and the almost SSX style trick system are both fun little elements to add onto the general craziness of the races.

The one real problem, is that the total of the entire Night Cup I did was maybe 5 minutes? Like it's hard to really appreciate the track's set pieces when the races are simply going by so fast. I think the longest race in the whole cup was just a little shy over a minute and thirty seconds, one of them was well under a minute.

I guess this is sort of good for those who just want to dip in and out, maybe on a commute or something, but I really hope the later races are longer or they add in some kind of multi lap system - like maybe that goes against the set piece design of the tracks, but if I blink and the race is over, it isn't like I have appreciated the set piece more. I haven't even registered it has happened.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Magician ah makes sense.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

Alan Wake Remastered rating has surfaced for Switch.

Which makes sense. This game was leaked as coming to Switch long before it was even announced on other platforms.

@Pizzamorg
Average track is around 1 minute 45 seconds. There are a few shorter ones though, as you mentioned. I like it. In and out, doesn’t wear out it’s welcome. That feeling of wanting more contributes to its addictive quality, leaving you always wanting to go one more round. It’s very well suited to handheld play in particular. Being an arcade game, it’s designed to throw as many thrills at you as possible in a short amount of time. So I pick up my Lite, blast through a cup or two, and put it back in sleep mode.

It’s super fun though.

Pizzamorg

JaxonH wrote:

Alan Wake Remastered rating has surfaced for Switch.

Which makes sense. This game was leaked as coming to Switch long before it was even announced on other platforms.

@Pizzamorg
Average track is around 1 minute 45 seconds. There are a few shorter ones though, as you mentioned. I like it. In and out, doesn’t wear out it’s welcome. That feeling of wanting more contributes to its addictive quality, leaving you always wanting to go one more round. It’s very well suited to handheld play in particular. Being an arcade game, it’s designed to throw as many thrills at you as possible in a short amount of time. So I pick up my Lite, blast through a cup or two, and put it back in sleep mode.

It’s super fun though.

Yeah, I get what they are going for and I'm not saying it is a bad thing, I just dunno if I am vibing myself. Like I guess by the nature of the Switch, a lot of it is built around drop in out games and you have just gotta accept it. However, at the same time, sometimes you do wanna sit down and just have a session.

If the rest of the cups are like the opening cup, then I guess there is just no way to do that right now unless you sort of artificially force it. I guess if they do add online play you can really make an evening out of it, as you can just drop into random races for as long as you want.

However, as of right now, the biggest disclaimer I can give for this game is only pick this up if you're okay with the fact that you aren't going to really be able to spend an evening with the game really unless you sort of force it. This really is, as it is now, a loo break game. A very fun loo break game, but a loo break game all the same.

Pizzamorg

Playing through Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time. Looks and runs surprisingly nice on the Switch when docked. Seen some footage of the original and it looks pretty rough.

I'm about three hours in and it's all been fairly standard JRPG fluff but Iike the level of control the game gives me over things. Plus the combat system is pretty fascinating, it starts as this unwieldy, unintuitive ***** but slowly all the nuance of the system comes into focus and it's surprisingly satisfying.

Edited on by antdickens

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic