Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,781 to 56,800 of 69,981

DannyBoi

I'm going to be playing Dauntless, DC universe online and warface soon on my switch. How I am aware that the games are always getting new content, so they have no "end". But could someone please tell me what the fans/general consensus of the end point is for each of the games. It would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help I get.

Edited on by DannyBoi

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

link3710

@JaxonH Impressed is a relative term. Nintendo has a history of needing to be convinced before they work with anyone, not just hiring any company with availability.

@BruceCM Oh whoops, yeah that is confusing. They showed it off as though it was a collection.

All that said, I did have a thought. After Famicom Detective Club appeared to do well releasing as essentially a new game in the west... Perhaps Startropics remakes? Japan might bite at a series they've never had localized before, while there's nostalgia in the west.

link3710

rallydefault

@Balta666
Yea.

@link3710
Do you think Advance Wars is enough for December? I think Nintendo is relying a bit more on the Pokemon remakes to push through this holiday season. (I'm considering Dread to be just prior to the actual holiday season.)

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault In 2019 the last 1st party release was Pokemon Sword/Shield in the usual November slot so it's a reasonable guess that outside of perhaps a shadow drop eshop title in September (Super Kirby Clash was shadow dropped in September 2019 Direct) that the 1st party lineup is fully announced for this year.

If the rumoured hardware does launch this year it'll probably launch alongside Metroid Dread or WarioWare Get It Together.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
If the Pro is real and launches with Dread, Nintendo will definitely will be good through the holiday. They'll probably have a tough time keeping everything stocked, to be honest.

Yea, it seems they are going to rely on Pokemon to do the heavy lifting. Mario Party will do huge numbers, too, and that's right at the end of October so pretty close to the official start of the holiday season (these days it feels like it starts after Halloween lol).

I guess I'm just used to seeing a huge blockbuster in that November slot; that blockbuster being a remake must be what's throwing me off. It'll still sell like crazy.

rallydefault

Magician

Mana series 30th anniversary livestream on the 27th.

I wonder which will be next to get a port or a remaster?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

They could bring the other 2 3D remakes to Switch for a start, @Magician .... Then, there's Dawn of Mana & the spin-offs, I suppose?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

@Ralizah

Missed Amazon by 15 min cause I'm at work. Nonetheless, I come bearing gifts.

Gamestop is now taking pre-orders in store for SMTV Premium Edition as of 15 minutes ago.

edit
Pre-order secured. Can only be done via web-in-store fyi

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Among all the crazy stuff happening for Switch over the next 6 months, don't forget that MH Rise has an update on Thursday and the MH Stories 2 demo goes live on Friday,

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Cant forget about Monster Hunter Stories 2!

I’ve just put in 450 hours into MH Rise already, and there’s so much else going on that looks exciting.

I’m FOR SURE diving into Monster Hunter Stories 2 demo and transferring to the full game though. But MH Rise, aside from checking in on the weekly content drop updates, I’ve done all there is to do until the inevitable Ultimate Edition expansion drops. My focus is now on Stories 2.

And I hope everyone checks out the Monster Hunter Stories 2 demo. No reason not to. It’s an incredibly high-quality game with a free demo at zero risk to you, the gamer, and if you like it you can transfer to the full game. Win win.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH The only risk is making you want to buy it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@JaxonH Whats the update for rise again? I mostly did everything I wanted to do already.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ralizah

Haven't played Rise since the 2.0 update, lol. I'll get to it either way, but is the end of story stuff sufficiently exciting that I should prioritize it?

@JaxonH That in-store preorder news will make a certain friend of mine happy, I think.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I’d say ya.

The 2.0 update gave us Bazelgeuse, Chameleos, Kushala Daora and Teostra, tons of additional quests above and beyond those related to those monsters, and then 3.0 gave us Valstrax (HR100 required to unlock), All-Mother Narwa which is a killer fight, Apex Zinogre (and for normal quests right away also), and Apex Diablos and Apex Rathalos in normal quests, plus tons of extra quests.

They also added layered weapons for Rampage weapons which means you can make sets with any weapon look you want, since all the rampage weapon final upgrades are good enough to use as endgame using Sharpness III rampage skill, which gives a ton of blue sharpness. The white isn’t worth it as the segment is too small and handicraft can’t add anything since it’s maxed out.

And if you do all the HR7 quests including the Advanced Quests you unlock as you progress, you eventually unlock Proof of Power, which pits you against a Diablos, Rathalos and Magnamalo in a new arena style map area, and if you beat that you unlock the final quest, also fought in the new area against 3 Apex Monsters.

All combined it’s a massive chunk of content. Probably 50 hours worth if going up to HR100 to unlock everything (though I got more like 125 hrs from the 2.0 and 3.0 updates).

Edited on by JaxonH

link3710

@rallydefault Almost certainly. Don't forget, the 2020 December game was Fitness Boxing 2, (and the original was 2018 December in Japan). The only times we've had major December titles were XC2 and Smash, both of which were in the first week of the month, and rumored to have been delayed slightly from their intended release dates. (XC2 due to BotW and Smash just being Smash). Oh, and Brain Training was also a December title in Japan as well. Since it's after most of the holiday buying rush, it's not a time they typically aim to release major titles in.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

Man. I’m sure this has been covered in articles, but this is too good to risk anyone not knowing about it.

1 TB micro SD $132

Pikmin 3 Deluxe $29.99

That’s highway robbery.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH ugh. I had to jump on that sd card. I’m tired of all the little x marks on my downloads. If pikmin is still that cheap tomorrow I will price match at best buy. Thank you! My poor budget.

Edit: missed out on pikmin but that is ok.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@JaxonH Gah, I had no idea... but really shouldn't be spending right now. Still, if it's this low now, it should hit this or lower around Cyber Monday, which should be better timing. Not like I really need this between now and then.

link3710

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
The struggle is real. Even at 1 TB half my games are archived. I've implemented a rather strict "one game per franchise" rule (aside from 1st party, Monster Hunter and RPGs, such as both Xenoblades, Final Fantasy X/X-2 and XII, and both Ni No Kuni titles). Only one Sniper Elite, archive the rest. Only one Assassins Creed. Only one Saint's Row. Only one Borderlands. One Bioshock, one South Park, one Metro, one Resident Evil, one Doom, etc.

Even then, it's a full house. It's very frustrating that they still haven't announced 2 TB micro SD cards yet. We need it. Especially if Switch Pro releases? Ya, we NEED that 2 TB.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic