Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,761 to 56,780 of 69,983

Ralizah

@JaxonH Yep. These special editions appear and disappear in the blink of an eye, lol.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

Putting aside issues of availability, it looks like Europe gets the best version of the SE, since it also comes with the plastic case, by the looks of it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Clyde_Radcliffe

The Switch versions of Tony Hawks and Destroy All Humans are out very soon but I've seen no footage since they were first revealed! Tony Hawks at least has some old IGN gameplay footage released around the time of the reveal, Destroy All Humans has nothing but the trailer... I hope the reviews come in soon.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Where’d you read that? Not that I care much anymore. I’ve grown rather calloused and numb to it this generation, but all the boxarts look normal to me.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Ah ok. The NA boxart doesn’t have any disclaimers on it which is why I was like huh? At least I’ll know to expect it. Not that it matters. Buying digitally anyways. Physical is just for the collection.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH yea I haven't seen anything on the NA boxart but I'm guessing we'll never in the next couple of days for sure.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Some upcoming Switch games according to playasia.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

I almost forgot. So yesterday I looked into something I've been curious about. The people who make mainline Mario Kart also made Arms. But considering they did not technically make either the mobile Mario Kart nor Mario Kart Live, I've been curious what they've been up to.

And as far as I can tell, in the past four years, none of the three directors of Arms have followed up with anything at all. They've worked on nothing at Nintendo at all that has been released. So to me this means the Mario Kart team, has been absent from any known games, for four years. I guess maybe three years because Arms had updates, but somewhat often updates don't involve the entire team that made it.

I just think its the one interesting thing to note about the eternally missing Mario Kart 8 follow-up. Which will make it even funnier if they announce Arms 2.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haruki_NLI

Interestingly, Nintendo has signed a deal with Forever Entertainment to give them financial backing in exchange for games.

Basically they'll publish games they get them to make it seems.

https://www.money.pl/gielda/komunikaty/6653313063319169.html

Interesting development.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

rallydefault

@Balta666 @kkslider5552000
Imagine if MK9 comes out of nowhere to be the big December game aside from Advance Wars. They would have to print 10+ million copies to have enough for the holiday season alone lol

rallydefault

link3710

@Balta666 I agree. Next year's release schedule doesn't need MK9 with the heavy hitters it has (Pokemon Legends / Splatoon 3 / Breath of the Wild 2), and there's no way it's coming this year. And 2023 will be when Switch turns 7. So holding it back to be a launch title for the next system would be a huge boon, even if they make it cross-gen.

While it theoretically could come next year... that'd put 2022 on par with 2017 for major titles released (with Pokemon Legends subbing in for Mario Odyssey).

1-2 Switch - (An experimental game)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - LoZ: BotW2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Mario Kart 9
ARMS - The heavily rumored Kirby 2022
Splatoon 2 - Splatoon 3
Pokkén Tournament DX - (A Wii U port, XCX/WW/TP/Yoshi)
Fire Emblem Warriors - Bayonetta 3 (Outside Collab)
Super Mario Odyssey - Pokemon Legends (Flagship Title)
Snipperclips (Plus) - (An eshop title)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Project Triangle Strategy (Major JRPG)
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope

I was basically able to fill up the entirety of 2017's schedule with what we know of 2022 (+ the inevitable Wii U port and major eshop title, and assuming Bayo 3 and Kirby do hit as expected) assuming MK9 was to release then. And that doesn't even take into account the rumors of a new DK on the way as well.

So yeah, unless there's some crazy need to throw the Switch back into the limelight to counter the PS5 / XBSX (which is definitely not yet an issue), I think MK9 would be held back if completed at this point. Same goes for Prime 4 and Monolith's ARPG tbh, there's almost no way they'd release it in 2022 even if it was completed, better to hold it back for 2023.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Magician

@Haruki_NLI @Slowdive

Perhaps Nintendo financing Forever Entertainment is a hint towards FE porting the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster games to the Switch?

https://www.destructoid.com/forever-entertainment-to-publish-...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Slowdive Woah, that's a fascinating piece of news. Not a rumor either. So Nintendo's paying them to publish 'several' titles. Even if the FF Collection is one, that still brings up the question of what else...? I wonder if they're having them develop remakes of something from Nintendo's catalog after being impressed by the FF Collection?

link3710

JaxonH

Can't imagine that FF collection impressed them, to be perfectly honest. Nothing about it seemed any different or better than the thousand other retro game collections out there.

Probably just a matter of High demand, low supply. Here's an available studio looking for work, and they can pass along some easy jobs for retro collections and remasters.

BruceCM

The FF "collection" is going to be the 1st 6 games, that will be available individually, @link3710 .... I was initially a bit confused by 'collection', too! Assuming those do well, which seems highly likely, though, it might well encourage Nintendo &/or others to do something similar with other classic games

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic