Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,721 to 56,740 of 69,980

link3710

@rallydefault Lol, who said I was gonna buy without checking it out first? I can be excited for a game and not lose all sense of reason.

link3710

Clyde_Radcliffe

Well I'm hyped for Crus'n blast, especially after seeing that some of the playable racers include a tank, a flying unicorn, a dinosaur, and a shark with a laser on it's head...!

They've increased the tracks from 5 to 30 (!) which kind of indicates they've put a lot of work in to the console port so I'm hoping it'll be a good job. I wonder if Nintendo may have helped out with development.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Clyde_Radcliffe
Flying unicorn, dinosaur, tank....
Wuuut ?? 😲
That's so random thing to drift. 😆

I know right... and there's a level in London (where I live) and I saw the entire London Eye (Ferris Wheel) roll across the track and it had to be driven under! The game looks hilarious.

Clyde_Radcliffe

Ryu_Niiyama

Crusin does look really good especially with excitetruck and the rush series dead. Always wished that blur would have become a full series.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

It's a very specific type of racing game that we seem to be sorely missing.

Goodness knows there's no shortage of racers out there. But imo most don't interest me. 95% I'd estimate aren't even on my radar. And the more realistic it is, the less I seem to typically care. But that's only because realism is now highly correlated with simulation.

But the Excitebots, the Cruis'n games, the San Francisco Rush titles... they don't make em like that anymore. And that's a massive shame.

Cruis'n is just a crazy, wacky arcade racer. It won't win any GotY nominations. But it doesn't need to. It just needs to plug that massive gap we have in true arcade racing genre (if you can't do a dozen flips in the air, you're not a true arcade racer 😁).

I wish they'd release a steering wheel and pedal for this game. For real. I'm not into the whole SIM thing, which is what they're usually made for. But I would love to be able to replicate the arcade experience as much as possible. They probably won't, but it would be dope if they did.

Switch is doing a really good job, giving us a ton of specific titles fans have been wanting. The day will come where we're gonna look back on this generation and remember it as the glory days.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@JaxonH
It's fine to be "wacky" and all that other jazz, and nobody is arguing it won't be fun in short bursts. I'm just cautioning people about the franchise on consoles. Cruis'n is notorious for poor controls, bugs, and AI issues that can turn all that "wacky" fun into a frustrating waste of money pretty darn quickly. No amount of unicorn/pegasus piloting can make me smile past the inability to properly control the vehicle/mythical animal lol

Just do some research and read about people's opinions of the arcade version. Better yet, go find it at an arcade and play it.

rallydefault

Snatcher

Damn it! So whenever Ginshin impact comes to the switch, it looks like i'm going to have a alt account bc Sony doesn't have cross-save on theres, so, Now i'm stuck with sony (With my character I mean) So i'm going to have to have alt characters and stuff, Unless when it comes to the switch there's a event for the switch launch, but damn I wish I would have read that before starting, bc Switch is probably going to have cross save, so I did it on mobile I would have been good AWWWW damn it!

Which I don't get bc sony has a lot of cross play on there, So maybe its one, They just didn't go through the issues that would have to be to get it to be cross platform.

2 they tried and failed.

3 or and the is the most unlikely one of them all, The apple vs epic lawsuit But that came after so No,

Oh and about that lawsuit I hate how this two just made Sony and Xbox into the lawsuit, not cool.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Whenever you buy a game within the Sony ecosystem, it’s best to just assume you’re locked in for life. As a general rule, it’ll save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

@Ryu_Niiyama
Might try the SW5 demo if it were on the NA eShop but, I’ve already got it preordered so, no need to go out of my way for the JP demo.

Let me know how it performs though.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH Yep i'm doing that from now on, I haven't gotten anything on it, but its a gacha game so I don't want to lose my characters.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Haruki_NLI

@Northwind Found someone new to block on Twitter once their arguments became "If you haven't played Tekken but have played Smash that's a personal failing" and "If you play games but haven't heard of Tekken then you should be shamed".

Like...what?

Did they have a point initially? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it's because most of the PS1 game era was one and done titles or the sequels bombed. It was cutthroat back then after all. Who can say how the cultural zeitgeist works really? Its all perception and what they perceive is their reality.

Their reality is also really dismissive and a little bit unhealthy.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Magician

(random)

Getting ready to place my summer import order. Mercifully, there's only one Japan-exclusive I don't want to skip. Aria Chronicle. It's basically Darkest Dungeon, only not as merciless and not as...dark.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Rambler

@Northwind
Hugs to you. If you want a game of mario kart or have a chat, give me a shout.

Rambler

Haruki_NLI

@Anti-Matter Shout outs to Croc. I played that religiously when I was young. That, Spyro, Crash and for some reason a random fighting game I know no one will have ever heard of.

JaxonH

So, Metroid Dread is obviously eating up a lot of attention right now, and rightfully so. We’ve also acknowledged Cruis’n Blast and its significance.

But another title announced that maybe hasn’t been talked about quite as much, is WarioWare Get It Together.

It wasn’t that long ago that if you’d asked me what my thoughts were on the WarioWare series, I would have said it looked like shovelware. I had never played the series aside from Game & Wario on the Wii U, and my impressions from that game were… not great. There were some interesting ideas but it just wasn’t that fun to play. As a result, I chronically overlooked the series for years, similar to WarioLand (but that’s another discussion).

Then WarioWare Gold released on 3DS. And being a late release, and me being a 3DS collector, I wanted to grab it because I knew the physical run would be in low quantity. And since I grabbed it, I of course decided to play it and give the series another shot. And wow. It was not what I was expecting. It wasn’t anything like Game & Wario on Wii U. It had rapid fire microgames that took 5-10 seconds each, and they were incredibly addicting! You’d do one and it was onto the next, then onto the next, and on to the next. The games were creative, zany and all of them put you on the spot, requiring you to think on your feet and react fast. It may not sound that impressive by description or even by watching gameplay, but in practice it’s actually really hard to put down.

And that’s when I realized I had foolishly misjudged the series based on one bad entry. I really did love WarioWare Gold. It was the perfect compilation of micro games, and great send off for the touch based entries up to that point.

Now we have WarioWare Get It Together, and it’s back to button controls like the GBA entry, which I like. It also lets you control characters on the screen such as Wario and friends, and even offers 2p on the same system via split joycon. This is exactly the kind of game the switch needs. Of course we all love Mario and Zelda and Splatoon and Fire Emblem and Xenoblade and all the mainstays. But it’s that second tier of IP that really makes a Nintendo catalog pop. The Metroids, the WarioWares, the Mario Golfs, the Advance Wars, the Rhythm Heavens, etc… the less popular properties that help diversify from the mainstays (though it is my desire as many of these become mainstays as possible, particularly Metroid and WarioWare).

I’m so glad we’ve finally reached a point in the Switch’s lifespan where the install base is large enough they feel comfortable shifting to their second tier properties. And given how well games are doing on Switch, this is a perfect opportunity for them to shine, and for many of these series to break through into mainstays.

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@Haruki_NLI Tekken's mostly been a PS exclusive franchise too, it's not like the franchise is widely available on Nintendo platforms for people to try. Anyway games like Smash and Fortnite are discovery platforms more than anything else, the crossovers give people an opportunity to discover something new. Much like how music games such as Rock Band and Guitar Hero are discovery platforms for music.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano Well thing is I'm 25 right? I like Smash. I played Tekken as a kid.

How many Tekken games have been released since I was 15, and on what platforms? Not many, and PlayStation. No wonder people missed them. Smash got more of a spotlight with more games in the same time.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

link3710

@rallydefault I'd like to point out that the other console ports were by a completely different company. While there's still reason to be cautious, it's not because the other cruis'n titles were poor translations.

@Haruki_NLI I feel like they completely missed the fact that some games became popular to play way after their physical runs had ended. Banjo Kazooie in particular was a game that it seemed like everyone in my high school and college had on their flash drive.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic