Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,741 to 56,760 of 56,826

FragRed

@jump I have the perfect tweet response and I was about to use it, until I realised it would seriously derail the thread and be too political.

I don’t trust any government to give out free internet. The idea of them having complete access to know everything I do is scary. Saying that, the Tories would fail so hard at rolling out such a thing I have no concern. They can’t even get those free laptops out like they promised.

As for cloud gaming - I think I’m okay to stream 1080p but doubt I could go any higher. The download speed is fine at 50mb but the upload is crap. I think it’s a dismal 9mb which just about works when I live stream.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Wavey84

@FragRed
I retried Panzer Dragoon with the Joy-con pointer controls...And as expected, the controls were straight up busted. lol Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves for charging $99 CAD for those things when you factor in how terrible Gyro pointer controls are(Wii remote pointer controls are far superior and are actually reliable) along with the bite sized buttons and right analog stick that gets in the way when pressing the B,A,X&Y buttons. HD rumble(Which is much more defined and powerful by just using the detached joy-cons) and the versatility of the Joy-cons are their/it's saving grace!

Anyhoo, selecting classic controls is the only way to roll with this game. You really have to go into it with a 1995 mind set. I've said this before, but it would of been neat had they included the original Saturn Panzer Dragoon in the package, with True widescreen, 60fps, 1080p & HD Rumble, but alas.

Wavey84

Wavey84

@Magician

Didn't they say they were working on a house of the Dead 2 remake? Or was it canned. LOVED me some house of the dead 2 back on the dreamcast & arcades.

Wavey84

Magician

@Magician

Yeah, back in 2019 Forever Entertainment acknowledged they're working on remakes for HotD 1 & 2 as well as Panzer Dragoon II Zwei.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 687 games (as of April 6th, 2021)
Currently playing: Hades (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Zuljaras

Magician wrote:

@Magician

Yeah, back in 2019 Forever Entertainment acknowledged they're working on a remakes for HotD 1 & 2 as well as Panzer Dragoon II Zwei.

You said that to yourself? Sorry couldn't help it

Zuljaras

JaxonH

@Wavey84

lol Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves for charging $99 CAD for those things when you factor in how terrible Gyro pointer controls are(Wii remote pointer controls are far superior and are actually reliable)

The gyro is excellent in the joycon. Top shelf. Just because you didn't like how Panzer Dragoon implemented them doesn't mean that's a Gyro issue. That's a software programmer issue. The gyro is seriously legit. Best in class.

Also, of course the buttons are smaller. It's a modular controller. That doesn't mean they're to discount the price because the buttons are smaller. Controller price isn't determined by button size.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword HD, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1/2

Jesus is Lord.

Magician

Zuljaras wrote:

You said that to yourself? Sorry couldn't help it

No, Forever Entertainment mentioned it themselves.

https://forever-entertainment.com/panzer-dragoon-remake-i-pan...

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Wavey84

@JaxonH
Just saying, they compromised comfort for portability, essentially cramming every thing together as tight as possible with bite sized cheap feeling buttons to boot. With the L&R buttons being the flimsiest of the flimsies. And based on what little experience i have, the joy-cons have been very unreliable with anything pointer based. Pikmin 3 was horrendous, yet the Wii remote pointer controls in the Wii U version worked flawlessly, where as the former was a complete broken mess. Same deal with Panzer Dragoon, Toad Treasure Tracker, the older DOOM PC titles including Doom 64 etc. Name some titles that are compatible with Gyro pointer that dont hiccup constantly, and need to be re centered by the click of a button. maybe i'm just having bad luck and picking the wrong games where it was poorly implemented.

If it weren't for the higher end HD Rumble(Pro controllers HD rumble is more subdued and lacks the pin point definition, subtleties and power in comparison) when using the JC's detached, i probably wouldn't be using them all that much. Like i've mentioned trillions of times, not into portable gaming anymore so they're even more useless. I still loath the right analog stick being directly place under the B,A,Y&X buttons. my thumb gets in the way 9/10 times and i can't get the level of precision and feel in comparison to a regular controller. My Thumb winds up being arched just because the right stick is in the way.

And then we have the Pro Controller...It's decent. I still could never really adjust to the slippery/loose analog sticks, or the step down HD Rumble. It's such a generic bland layout and design when you stack it against nearly every other Nintendo controller that came prior. but i get it, it's secondary and there to please the masses that want something more safe and traditional, just like the Wii U pro Controller and two classic controllers on Wii....At least the Splatoon Pro variation gives it that fun nintendo touch.

Edited on by Wavey84

Wavey84

Dogorilla

@Anti-Matter Oh does that have photography too? The MH Stories games do interest me more than regular Monster Hunter so I might try them out one day.

Dogorilla

timleon

Broke out my official SNES-style Switch controller for the first time in a while for a quick dose of nostalgia and...eh?

Was the SNES controller always like this? Everything about it just feels...off. The pad feels too light, the shoulder buttons too clicky, and the buttons don't feel in an ideal position (my thumb naturally rests just to the left of the Y button...I don't even have large hands!). Plus the Pro Controller d-pad is much more to my tastes, feeling a little less stiff and more ergonomically positioned beside the controller's grip.

It's weird because for a while I've thought of the SNES controller as the gold standard for 2D games...but I suppose modern controllers have really gone above and beyond this. Maybe the SNES controller really was that great and the Switch replica has failed to do it justice, or maybe it's just down to my own tastes. I've also been really disappointed going back to the Mega Drive and Saturn pads (which both seem to have some of the worst d-pads and buttons I remember using).

Needless to say, I think I'll sell this on and continue to use my Pro Controller from now on. Definitely my favourite controller ever produced by Nintendo, and a good contender for my favourite of all time.

Edited on by timleon

Previously "Buizel" and "HunterLeon"

Currently playing: Persona 5 Strikers (Switch), Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker HD (Wii U), Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES/Switch)

JaxonH

@Wavey84
Doesn't feel flimsy to me.

Gyro is not IR. Gyro will never be IR, and thus does not work as well imitating an IR pointer. It also isn't meant for SNES Doom games that only turn right and left. But as far as Gyro goes, it's top notch.

Plenty of titles don't hiccup constantly. All the ones that use gyro to supplement aiming with the stick rather than replace it. It never has a chance to lose calibration because the right stick is being moved every few seconds. You can't get mad at a car for not being an airplane. Gyro is not going to replace an IR pointer. And that's fine. But when used to fine tune aiming it's phenomenal. More importantly though, it's just as good as any other gyro. So you can criticize gyro, that's fine, but it's as good as any gyro on any other system. Granted, there is a recent breakthrough using a magnometer on Dualsense which is amazing and helps counter drift. But most games that use it don't have that problem because it's supplementary.

Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Assassins Creed 3
Assassins Creed Rebel Collection
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Borderlands Handsome Collection
Doom Eternal
Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Saint's Row 3
Saint's Row 4
Monster Hunter Rise
Zelda BotW
Splatoon 2
Alien Isolation
Daemon X Machina
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
LA Noire
Okami HD (used as pointer but only briefly)
Sniper Elite v2
Sniper Elite 3
Sniper Elite 4
Skyrim
Zombie Army Trilogy

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Magician

@timleon

Not happy with the official SNES Switch controller?

Maybe you should consider the 8bitdo SN30?

Edited on by Magician

Ninchiku

@timleon

It never was that confortable, i always found it hard to hit the shoulder button while keeping your thumb on the face buttons. But back then there wasnt much to compare it to. Plus you probably had smaller hands

Edited on by Ninchiku

Ninchiku

timleon

@Magician I think maybe the general style just isn't for me these days! I'm more than happy with my Pro Controller tbh.

@Ninchiku definitely true about the smaller hands (I was a kid when I first played the snes). I do wonder how I managed with the much bulkier n64 pad growing up.

Previously "Buizel" and "HunterLeon"

Currently playing: Persona 5 Strikers (Switch), Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker HD (Wii U), Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES/Switch)

JaxonH

Ok. Brutal honesty here. After seeing the initial gameplay for No More Heroes III, I kinda lost any excitement I had. Just didn't look that great.

But this latest trailer, whatever the heck you want to call it... I don't even know what to say, except it looks good. Like, genuinely crazy and fun.

PLAYING
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Screen

Sequel to Darkside detective just got shadow dropped for next week, the original was really enjoyable.

Color Splash is underrated!

rallydefault

FragRed wrote:

Cloud gaming won’t become the “norm” for at least another decade, and probably longer. There are just too many countries with substandard internet speeds. Even in countries like the U.K. and U.S. there are a large portion that can’t get decent internet.

The whole idea of Microsoft thinking there’s 2 billion customers out there waiting for cloud gaming is laughable. Most of these people play free to play mobile games. They aren’t going to suddenly start playing Xbox games on the bus.

Are you trying to say that the whole world isn't just the US and UK? And furthermore, not just the super populated parts of said countries?

Insanity.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic