Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,741 to 56,760 of 69,995

Ralizah

Advance Wars 1 + 2 seems to be performing worse than the other major Nintendo announcements from the Direct on Amazon.

I hope it doesn't flop. The AW games offer something uniquely different from other tactical offerings I've played. I'd hate to see the series go into hiatus again.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah I do wonder if it's not doing as hot due to a lack of immediacy.

Games tend to pick up as release draws closer, or maybe people think it'd be a better fit for a download title.

Its release date is a bit weird. That December slot historically has been for Xenoblade and Smash, with Pokemon in November. Maybe it could do with being in say, February?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Advance Wars is more niche- strategy games are already niche as is, and AW is lower budget and kinda simple. Not that that means it isn’t a good game, but it does impact its appeal.

That said, I do think its December release date is partly to blame, and the fact we have so many other noteworthy titles between now and then. Into the Breach proved more basic strategy titles can do very well, and I expect AW to at least break 1 million copies sold. Which would be really good all things considered.

@Slowdive linked to a comparison of Metroid Dread treehouse footage versus the trailer, and I have to share this because it looks so good! I mean, the game looked good already, but there’s no denying the improvements shown in this newer build

Right Side = Newer Build From Treehouse
Untitled

@link3710
Right. Raw Thrills is THE developer of Cruis’n Blast arcade game. Eugene Jarvis himself is at the company. So the Switch version is not being contracted out to some other studio- the original developers themselves are bringing it over, and the game itself is from the original creator.

That’s as good as it gets.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@link3710
That's awesome that the original devs will be involved in this one. Maybe it will turn out different.

The other ports were pretty bad, in my opinion. And I love arcade racers. But hey, if you enjoy them, like I said, it's your money. Cruis'n, for me, has always translated poorly to consoles. It's fun to play a few races at the arcade with friends or strangers, but the magic has never translated to the home for me, and coupled with the (thus far) bugs, gameplay, and AI issues, I'm not as excited for Blast as many seem to be. That being said, Switch is probably the most likely console to be able to do it properly because of the portable nature and easy local co-op.

(P.S. - I appreciate the dialogue. I believe Jaxon has had me blocked for quite some time, so I'm thankful when others are open to talking to someone with a different opinion.)

rallydefault

link3710

@rallydefault NP. I try to only block people who don't believe in what they're saying (aka trolls). And yeah, when I say I'm a Cruis'n fan... tbh that means that I spent countless quarters on the games in the arcades. The other home ports never really thrilled me. But hey, I can be hopeful this time around, y'know?

I'm hoping with the fact that this port appears to not be a simple port (contentwise there's a ton of extras, and the graphics do appear somewhat improved over the arcade version), they'll also work out the other aspects of the game.

@JaxonH Woah... I spent way more time watching (and rewatching) the Treehouse stream, but that does explain why some people thought the graphics looked rough. I hadn't realized the promo footage was so rough lightingwise

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I put in enough time for the first mission samurai warriors 5. I am enjoying my time so far. Not sure if I will get it day one (Musou games take me so long to beat I am still working on a few on 360) but it has shot up my list.

The artstyle pops in action and in cutscenes and no real slowdown/lag that I noticed. Which is good enough for me for a musou game. I will likely get it within a few months of launch.

To the thread/on topic: I think advance wars will pick up once the metroid fervor dies down some. But right now metroid fans need to put their money where their mouth is or risk the series stumbling again.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@link3710
A lot times, things aren’t apparent until you have a point of comparison. A lot of switch games look fantastic as long as you aren’t showing PC footage side by side. But as soon as you make the comparison you realize it doesn’t look as good. I’d wager if we never saw this comparison we would’ve never noticed.

@Ryu_Niiyama
So far so good. Metroid Dread is charting higher than any other game announced at e3. I’m hoping this game sees a major breakthrough with 3m + to become the best selling entry in the series, but a part of me deep down things it has a shot of doing 5m if the word of mouth continues to spread and the hype continues. If that were to happen, we’d for sure be seeing a lot more Metroid in the years to come. And if Prime Trilogy released and did 3m even as a port (3rd time’s a charm, right?) then we’d be rock solid moving forward.

I’m doing my part. 2 collector editions, amiibo and a digital copy.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH Okay, but how the heck did you order a collectors edition or Amiibo? I was searching all day after E3 and have been using stock trackers since. Got a secret you could share?

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Watching posts like a hawk, and being in that Line chat I’ve been in since the early amiibo days. We all keep tabs and if one of us sees something is live we post it to the group with notifications on for the Alert chat. Only like 5 of us left now, but we still have managed to get almost every amiibo and collector edition to date. Everyone in there pulls their own weight and contributes by watching for stock. Usually I relay the notifications to the respective forums here, but they went so fast even ppl in my chat missed out. Like, by the time I shared the link with my brother via text it was gone.

I’ll give a tip though. Keep tabs on the EU Amazon sites and Amazon JP. I’ve gotten a lot of amiibo that way. Even for MH Stories 2 amiibo. That’s one of the ones I missed out on via GameStop. But I managed to snag them from Amazon Japan. It costs a bit more with global shipping but, it’s usually still fairly reasonable, especially if you’re getting several different amiibo. And because those amiibo were $20, $20 and $25 with mandatory separate shipping on each via GameStop, it was actually $15 cheaper in total to import from Japan anyways.

But ya, I’ve been doing this for years now so I know the drill. If you suspect something is going live soon, best to get the webpages open and refresh every so often, keep an eye on certain social media and there are ppl you can follow who post when stock goes live. NintendoEverything also seems to post pretty fast when there’s stock. They’re not always fast enough but, no one source ever will be. You kind of want to have multiple sources which increase your chances one of them will get you the notification in time.

You also want to have all your shipping info and billing info saved on the sites you buy from to make checkout go as fast as possible. When the stock is only live for two minutes, having to enter your credit card number can quite often make the difference between getting through check out and having it go OOS before you complete the transaction.

Edited on by JaxonH

Snatcher

Sadly I'm not getting Stories 2 till later down the line, I want to save up as much as possible, and buy little things here and there. (Ten bucks is About the most I will go) I have money but Sep is were all the games are going to roll in so if i'm going to get it, i'm getting it around that time, or who knows I might not be able to help myself, And Since I'm getting it later, they will probably have crossover events kinda like the first game, Wouldn't a pokemon be a cool monster?

But ya back on the me saving, I will be able to save and blow as much money on games in sep, or for All I know nintendo will show more games, I can't get everything, But at least there going to have a heavy demo, and I have Xeno and FF7 to fix my RPG needs, NGL I will be a bit jelly, but I had alot of games to play this month any way, ginshin, Learning SF, FF7 remake and OG, Luigi's M 3, and for fact sonic colors, Theres going to be some MH stuff. And I also have rise to fill my MH needs, and If I need so bad I can go back and play the original, might do that, bc I didn't know how to play, I didn't get many side quest, and I did beat the game but wile porting my save over to another 3ds it got deleted, so You know what Ya I'm going to replay the first one, Nice way to catch up, and i'm better at the game now,

Thanks for reading if you did even know it wasn't much.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

As much as I think MH Stories 2 needs all the support it can get, there’s no disputing the sheer volume of games coming over the next few months could break most wallets. Most people will have to pick and choose, at least for day one purchases. I buy a ton of games and even I’ll be waiting on some of them.

If I had to narrow it down to only 15 games the rest of the year (basically 1 per pay period on average) , I’d be buying all the games in italics.

June (Now)
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (6/22)
Legend of Mana (6/24)
Mario Golf: Super Rush (6/25) *
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1/2 (6/25) *
Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny (6/29)
July 2021
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (7/6) *
Monster Hunter Stories 2 (7/9) *
Zelda Skyward Sword (7/16) *
Neo: The World Ends With You (7/27) *
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (7/27)
Samurai Warriors 5 (7/27)
August 2021
No More Heroes III (8/27)
September 2021
Big Rumble Boxing (9/3)
Sonic Colors Ultimate (9/7)
WarioWare Get It Together (9/10) *
Life Is Strange: True Colors (9/10) *
Ni No Kuni 2 (9/17) *
Diablo 2 Remastered (9/23) *
DragonBall Z Kakarot (9/24)
Hotwheels Unleashed (9/30)
October 2021
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (10/5) *
Metroid Dread (10/8) *
Mario Party Superstars (10/29)
November 2021
Shin Megami Tensei V (11/12) *
Pokémon Brilliand Diamond/Shining Pearl (11/19)
December 2021
Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp *
2021 TBA
Cruis’n Blast *
Life Is Strange Collection
Danganronpa Decadence
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water

Edited on by JaxonH

Snatcher

@JaxonH I know, But I'm really going to re play stores actually.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Grumblevolcano

My lineup for the rest of the year is looking like this at the moment across all platforms:

June 2021

• Mario Golf Super Rush (June 25th)

July 2021

• Monster Hunter Stories 2 (July 9th)
  • Skyward Sword HD (July 16th)
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator (July 27th) - Does require Series X so doubt I'll have it at launch as I don't have a Series X yet

August 2021

• N/A

September 2021

• Sonic Colours Ultimate (September 7th)
  • WarioWare Get It Together (September 10th)
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed (September 30th) - Maybe

October 2021

• Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania (October 5th)
  • Metroid Dread (October 8th)
  • Mario Party Superstars (October 29th)

November 2021

• Forza Horizon 5 (November 9th) - Will wait for Black Friday sale as it's only a few weeks away from launch, no doubt will end up with a significant discount (e.g. Gears Tactics for console was 50% off a week after launch)
  • Pokemon Brilliant Diamond (November 19th)

December 2021

• Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp (December 3rd)

TBA 2021

• Halo Infinite

That E3 Direct pretty much confirmed Nintendo 2021 to be Nintendo 2019 part 2 and between the E3 and February Directs, Nintendo 2022 is looking promising to be Nintendo 2017 part 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

Slowdive wrote:

This looks great TBH...

Trailer:

Switch gameplay:

The trailers make it look quite good, but drifting is my absolute least favourite sub-genre of the racing genre - just feels so laborious to me, constantly trying to achieve a good drift. And when you fail and just go bouncing from one side of the track to the other like the player in that gameplay video... no thanks.

@JaxonH I must hold up my hands shamefully and admit I don't think I'd ever even heard of San Francisco Rush, but I've bought a copy to check it out, just for you 😘.

Looking at that Cruis'n evolution video... I don't feel I e missed out too much there. Those flips weren't doing it for me, but I've not played any of them so I'm going to give them a chance. Blast looks like the best by a distance, and I am won over by the colourfulness of it, and that damn song...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit
They were fun back in the day. They don't look too impressive now by comparison but, in the 90's it was crazy fun. SF Rush Stunt Mode probably wouldn't keep me entertained for long now, but as a kid? I think I spent all summer doing corkscrews and flips off ramp edges.

The new one does look best by a good margin though. I remember seeing it when it was announced in late 2016 or so and wanting it so badly. Song is catchy. More you listen the more you like it too, ha.

rallydefault

I thought for Prime Day you had to be a Prime member to get the deals? I'm not, and I've been able to add a bunch of games to my cart with the sale prices. Maybe they're just regular sales and not Prime Day sales?

rallydefault

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

Advance Wars 1 + 2 seems to be performing worse than the other major Nintendo announcements from the Direct on Amazon.

Part of that's because it's 6 months away. I'm almost definitely gonna buy it, but I wouldn't pre-order it this far ahead of time. I might pre-order Skyward Sword though, because it's so close and I wanna make sure I get it day 1.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

Zelda Skyward Sword will have “refinements to player tutorials and general guidance throughout the adventure” and will also run at 60fps, in addition to offering refined Gyro aiming and button controls.

That's what's up.

edit
Good news and bad news.

The good news is, SMTV is getting a CE and even the standard edition has a steelbook.

The bad news is, it's only a steelbook. No normal case. I'll have to order a custom sleeve on Etsy and slip inside a Switch case for the shelf collection, and display the steelbook on the shelf.

Untitled

Also, Monster Hunter Rise is $49.99 on Amazon, and Bravely Default 2 is $39.99, Borderlands Legendary Collection for $14.99 (that's $5 per game!), fyi.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Ralizah

Already went live on GS and sold out.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic