Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,701 to 56,720 of 69,991

jedgamesguy

I initially truly believed the Zelda collection was false, @BruceCM… that is, until I learnt that Nintendo literally denied the existence of the 3DS XL, only to reveal it two weeks later. That’s enough to convince me that these are real and that the timing is crucial to their impact.

Yeah I’m in the same boat, @Grumblevolcano. I can easily see us going another year without Bayonetta 3 in any capacity, such is the discreet nature of reveals. A September Direct is pretty much obvious at this point because of Hyrule Warriors: AOC DLC, plus the preemptive reveal of Zelda 35th Anniversary content.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Quite possible, @Balta666 .... In all honesty, Nintendo have a history of that, @TheJGG! I'm sure most of us could give you plenty of egs of them doing the same thing It's certainly possible whatever is planned has been delayed or something but the way he didn't straight up say, 'there are no more Zelda games coming ....'

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@Sdelintwouters I'd take any compilation ANY day of the week. Especially a Zelda one since the games have without fail been at a very high level!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

rallydefault

@TheJGG
They REALLY seem intent on keeping the Zelda focus 100% with Skyward Sword HD for the time being. I'm with you in thinking that a Zelda Collection is probably still real, but we're not gonna hear about it until SS HD is in the rearview mirror by a couple months.

The Switch lineup for the rest of 2021 really is packed, but I do wonder if they're not holding something close to their chest for a big game for the holidays. I guess right now that mantle falls to the Pokemon remakes; they will sell huge and probably be just fine for lots of people until 2022, but I think there's room in November/December for one more heavy hitter... maybe a Zelda Collection, especially if they've made any actual tweaks to Ocarina <wink wink>? lol

(I know I left out Advance Wars and that fan base is very passionate, but I don't really view that as insanely big release.)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

I want a 2D Metroid compilation also, that has Zero Mission, Metroid 2, Super Metroid and Fusion bundled together.

But I have them all on 3DS, and Samus Returns can only be played on 3DS so, it kinda feels like a good alternative. I brought my New 3DS to work today and am bouncing between Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Fusion and Samus Returns. May just stick with Zero Mission and start playing them in order though.

I want Prime Trilogy also. I like them all equally. 2D and 3D. Metroid is Metroid. Give me Prime Trilogy and a port of Other M where you hold a button to go into 1st person mode, and Gyro is used to help aim with analog. Then there wouldn't be any crazy switching of the controller.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@TheJGG I think a September Direct on the 1st party front would be something like this.

Already announced games:

• Final Smash character (Direct opener)
  • Age of Calamity DLC
  • Some kind of update for Mario Golf (perhaps comparable to the Mario Tennis Aces update in September 2018 Direct)
  • Animal Crossing update
  • Reminder for WarioWare, Metroid Dread, Mario Party Superstars, Advance Wars 1+2, maybe also BDSP and Legends Arceus (Pokemon absence from E3 was really odd)
  • Splatoon 3 is a spotlight title

Unannounced games/DLC:

• Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD - Takes the early 2022 Wii U port slot
  • Kirby - 30th anniversary next year
  • Something Monolith Soft - XCX or the Medieval ARPG (Direct closer)
  • Maybe a shadow drop eshop title

With multiple 1st party GB/GBC/GBA remakes appearing on the Switch and 3D All Stars containing SM64, I don't think any new consoles are going to be added to NSO. Instead we'll get the usual announcement every 2-3 months of some extremely obscure NES/SNES games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

@rallydefault Yeah, by the time I managed to stop screaming from the Breath of the Wild sequel trailer I thought about it and came to a similar conclusion. Skyward Sword can, and probably will sell very big, because of how Breath of the Wild has sold off-the-charts (at least compared to past Zelda titles), and how many new players have a Switch. November 12... that feels like it'll be a significant date even though that's only the Game & Watch release date as of late.

@Grumblevolcano That would be something special. Frankly if that was something to happen I'd honestly swoon over the ports more than the potential original stuff. Nintendo right now have three keys to my heart.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

JaxonH

Mmmmm!!!! That's what's up! Yes!

Arcade on a cartridge. What.

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

The Cruis'n games are always mindless fun, but almost always plagued by glaring flaws that make it very not fun after a few races, especially on consoles. Hit detection, AI, control feel have been perennial problems with the series. If Blast is only like 30 bucks it'll be fine for most people wanting some short-span fun, but I'm definitely gonna wait to see how the reviews pan out.

(I haven't played it in the arcade.)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

gcunit

There's not many arcade racing games that hold my attention for long. I have a feeling Cruis'n blast would struggle, but I have no familiarity with it at all. I'll take a demo.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

I played Cruis N'USA and world to death back in the day. I'll check this one out eventually.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@gcunit
I agree, it’s hard to find good arcade racers. I like Burnout Paradise and Need For Speed, but… they’re not the same.

Do you remember San Francisco Rush back on the N64? It’s a cult classic and a game that me and my brother grew up with. Stunt mode where you just drove around and did flips off ramp edges and stuff. 63 flips in the air, stuff like that.

Well, the Cruis’n series is from Midway, just like San Francisco Rush. Except Midway disbanded a long time ago, and many of the Midway devs went on to Raw Thrills, which is the company behind Cruis’n Blast. Same creator is still there and everything. Eugene Jarvis. The series has always been published by Nintendo as an exclusive. Not sure but I heard Nintendo owns half the IP? Idk. But they have some kind of involvement as all the Cruis’n Blast arcades have the Nintendo logo on them.

Untitled

Here is a brief video showing the evolution of the Cruis’n series from Cruis’n USA on N64/arcade, up through the most recent arcade entry, Cruis’n Blast.

And here is the original release video for Cruis’n Blast arcade exclusive from Raw Thrills. You could double pump the gas to do certain tricks like wheelies and stuff.

I genuinely love F-Zero to death. I’m a mega fan, been playing since the SNES days. But if there’s one racing game I wanted on Switch just as much as F-Zero, it’s Cruis’n Blast. Straight up. This game was announced back in the tail end of the Wii U era, and people were soooo thirsty to see it come to console, especially since it’s a Nintendo published game, but it was revealed as an arcade exclusive. Seeing it come to Switch is incredibly exciting.

Edited on by JaxonH

Magician

@JaxonH

Nice. Otherwise a trash-tier publisher, Cruis'n Blast will be the best game GameMill have published physically ever. A fine choice.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Slowdive
Ya, it goes with the territory. Most arcade ports to older consoles fell short of their arcade versions. It was still a great game though. But ya, San Francisco Rush was and still is the GOAT.

@Magician
Idk who Game Mill is (which probably speaks to their portfolio as you said), but if they’re helping to make the physical version possible, I tip my hat. This is a major win for them. Honestly, I’m surprised Nintendo isn’t publishing it themselves.

JaxonH

@Slowdive
They went all out on this Switch release. The arcade version had 5 tracks. They’re good tracks, but only 5. The Switch version will have 29 tracks which is nearly 6X as many as the arcade release! That’s nuts!

Not sure if it’ll have online (don’t think it does?), but frankly, I play arcade racers solo so it makes little difference to me. As long as it has local wireless and split screen (which it does- 4p splitscreen in fact) I’m good. Because the only time I’ll play with anyone else is if I visit my brother and we play in person.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama

Samurai Musou/Warriors 5 demo on the Japanese eshop.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@JaxonH Wait seriously? I was prepared for this game to be small, but that's like almost as many tracks as the first three games combined. There's also 23 cars apparently, which is also basically as much as the first three games combined...

I wonder if they are all new tracks or if we'll see classic tracks remade?

EDIT: It looks in the trailer like perhaps we're just getting 5 remixed versions of each track...? It's hard to say.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

rallydefault

@gcunit
Yea, hoping for a demo on Blast is definitely the way to go. I'm honestly a bit confused as to why everyone seems so over-the-moon about Blast when most Cruis'n console ports over the decades have been, well... pretty darn bad lol

rallydefault

link3710

@rallydefault To be fair, this isn't the N64 days. Most arcade ports released now are 1:1 conversions.

link3710

rallydefault

@link3710
Hey man, your money. I don't buy Cruis'n console ports unless I get to play a demo or a friend's copy first. Doesn't matter what system.

And if you wanna hop on the 1:1 conversion train, sure, but you might want to check out some of the arcade reviews, then. I don't know about you, but "unresponsive steering" is not really my fave when it comes to any racing game, whether it's kart, arcade, or sim.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic