Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,301 to 52,320 of 69,981

Eel

toiletduck wrote:

Tangerine wrote:

Anyone know if a fast charge cell phone galaxy s20 can safely charge a Nintendo switch? The charger the phone comes with I mean... thanks

I do this regularly, so far without any issues. I am aware of the 'risk' I'm taking. Gives me a thrill everytime I unplug it

As long as you're just charging the unit, any regular type of charger should work fine.

Most fast chargers will probably act like a normal adapter when plugged to anything other than their phone.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

They’ll charge, but USB-C PD works a little different as it uses different profiles depending on the requested draw from the device. Which for Switch, is 14.5V 1.2A when undocked.

And because that profile is not included for many USB-C PD chargers (usually 5V 3A, 9V 2A, only sometimes 15V 1.2A which, even then isn’t a perfect match). I’ve found they usually default to 9V 2A when the 15V 1.2A isn’t available, and for USB-C chargers without Power Delivery, they provide the standard 5V 3A charge.

The thing is, over long periods of time, the higher amps can cause the battery to deteriorate, I believe. Which is why, I presume, having a higher voltage with lower amp profile is used by the official charger. So not a huge concern, but worth noting.

There’s also been some chargers that have fried the switch back around launch. For example, don’t use any USB-C to USB-A cable without 56k Ohm Resistors. Otherwise you’ll likely be scrambling eggs on your Switch the next morning.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Quick question. Is the physical version of Tetris 99 the only way you can play it offline?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

1UP_MARIO

@Ryu_Niiyama you can also buy the offline mode digitally within tetris 99 shop

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Heavyarms55

I have to say I'm shocked. I really didn't think the Nintendo Switch would be sold out everywhere this year. PS5 and XboxX just released, and Switch has been out for a few years now. But my cousin was looking for one for her kid. So I checked with every major retailer I could think of. There seems to be plenty of Switch Lite, but no real Nintendo Switch consoles. Forget special editions, they don't have anything at Target, Walmart, Game Stop, or even Amazon, even the online stores are sold out. I know we just had black Friday, but that's when my cousin risked COVID and went out everywhere, her and my aunt were gone all day looking for one. And I just checked all the websites again.

But the scalpers are out in force. I've seen listings for 450+ dollars. That's frankly ridiculous for a product that's been on shelves this long.

And on a completely different note. Does anyone know if they ever released a right side purple joycon? I'd absolutely buy a 5th set. Black buttons and purple joycon look fantastic!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@DarthNocturnal It's gotta be online only then. Cause I never saw one while I was living there. :/

And yeah, more matching sets would be nice.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

I don’t know if it’s the same in other countries, but Amazon Mexico has Pokémon Sword and Link’s Awakening on sale with 60% off as a Cyber Monday offer.

And to think I almost buy Link's Awakening during Nintendo's Black Friday sale 😬

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

Wonderful 101 Remastered got an update and a demo.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Giancarlothomaz

@rallydefault i was expecting and hoping that for Pokémon Company/Game Freak to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Pokémon franchise to release the remake of GEN 4, or Pokémon Let's Go Johto, followed by Pokémon Unite and New Pokémon Snap, that what i hope and expect they gonna do for the 25th anniversary of the franchise.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

jump

@Slowdive The embargo lifts at 9am PT today.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

DOOM Eternal Switch launching December 8th:

So with Empire of Sin on December 1st and DOOM Eternal on December 8th there are only 2 E3 2019 games left afterwards, Hollow Knight Silksong and BotW 2

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

And there it is.

Our NON-CLOUD VERSION of Doom Eternal 😁

Its gonna be a Sniper Elite 4 Switch, Doom Eternal Switch, Fenyx Immortals Rising Switch, Hyrule Warriors Switch and Cyberpunk 2077 PC filled December.

What a way to capsize the year.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

They’ll charge, but USB-C PD works a little different as it uses different profiles depending on the requested draw from the device. Which for Switch, is 14.5V 1.2A when undocked.

And because that profile is not included for many USB-C PD chargers (usually 5V 3A, 9V 2A, only sometimes 15V 1.2A which, even then isn’t a perfect match). I’ve found they usually default to 9V 2A when the 15V 1.2A isn’t available, and for USB-C chargers without Power Delivery, they provide the standard 5V 3A charge.

The thing is, over long periods of time, the higher amps can cause the battery to deteriorate, I believe. Which is why, I presume, having a higher voltage with lower amp profile is used by the official charger. So not a huge concern, but worth noting.

There’s also been some chargers that have fried the switch back around launch. For example, don’t use any USB-C to USB-A cable without 56k Ohm Resistors. Otherwise you’ll likely be scrambling eggs on your Switch the next morning.

Thanks for the explanation. I hardly ever play handheld, and when I do I'm close to a power supply. It may be that my battery ha degraded seriously already, but I wouldn't really notice... Maybe once my employer's expecting me in the office again, then I'll play on the go more often and I'll probably find out about my battery's quality.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

JaxonH

Huge system update!

• Nintendo Switch Online was added to the HOME Menu.
    Access all Nintendo Switch Online services, from getting the latest information to checking your membership status.
  • A new feature that automatically downloads backed up save data was added to the Save Data Cloud.
    When using software with the same Nintendo Account linked to multiple systems, save data backed up from one console will automatically be downloaded to your other system(s). To use this feature, it must be enabled under System Settings > Data Management > Save Data Cloud. Save data will not be downloaded automatically unless save data for that software exists on the console. The first time only, users must download the save data manually.
  • A new Trending feature was added to the User Page.
    Users can check what software their friends are playing or have started playing recently.
    Information will not be displayed for friends who have their online status set to display to no one.
  • Users can now transfer screenshots and videos from Album to their smart devices.
    Users can wirelessly connect their smart devices to Nintendo Switch to transfer the screenshots and videos saved within their Album. For screenshots, users can transfer a maximum of 10 screenshots and 1 video capture at once. To connect, users must use their smart device to scan the QR Code displayed on the Nintendo Switch screen..
  • A new Copy to a Computer via USB Connection feature was added under System Settings > Data Management > Manage Screenshots and Videos.
    Users can use a USB cable to connect Nintendo Switch to their computers to copy the screenshots and videos saved under Album.
  • Users can now select what download to prioritize when there are multiple downloads in progress.
    When there are multiple software, update data, or downloadable content downloads in progress, users can now select which they want to download first. You can set this under Download Options by selecting the icon for the software you want to download first on the HOME Menu.
  • User icons were added.
    12 user icons that commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. series were added.
    Users can now name preset button mappings with the Change Button Mapping feature.
  • Brazilian Portuguese was added as a supported language.
    When users set their region to the Americas and their language to Português, the language used on the HOME Menu and in certain software will be displayed in Brazilian Portuguese.
  • Several issues were fixed, and usability and stability were improved

Eel

Automatic backup syncing? Better ways to take your pictures/videos out of the system?

That sounds like a great little update!

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

SNES 2.0 and NES 5.0 updates having nothing new despite being a .0 update makes a lot more sense with the major Switch 11.0 update.

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

Dude! This is so friggin dope!

So.

Once you set up auto download, you’ll need to look at all your save data in that menu and manually trigger the downloads for every one that says “paused” or gets an “error” due to a conflict. Not sure why but you have to do that after setting it up the first time.

But once you do, it works FLAWLESSLY. I just tested. Opened Sniper Elite 4 on my docked Switch. Saved, and closed. Watched it auto backup. The very moment it said 100% complete, I checked my Switch Lite, and immediately it started downloading. Immediately. Like, zero gap in between. It was auto up, auto down. Just like that. It works as perfectly as one could reasonably hope for.

As for sending pics to smartphone. It’s a little more cumbersome than I would like but it’s definitely easier than posting to Twitter and then downloading from Twitter, especially since you can do up to 10 at once. I have a QR code app on my phone, and I scanned the code that popped up on the TV, then it asks you to scan a second code pops up on the TV. Once you do, your phone asks if you want to open the link, say yes, and there’s your pic. Unfortunately it doesn’t let you hold down on the pic to get the context menu to save. For that I had to hit the browser button to open the link in my browser rather than the QR code app. Then I could save. But still. All in all it’s a welcome addition.

The Nintendo Online home button is also nice. It’s just good to have all that info consolidated and easily accessible without going to the eshop.

But really, the win here is the auto download. Absolute GAME CHANGER. Yes, I know you can just manually download and that’s what I’ve been doing up until now. But there are times where I forget to download my most recent save before I start on a different device and then I end up with a conflict, and then later on when I play the game again and I check for a newer save I never know which one has the most recent progress. It doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen here and there. Plus, this just saves you the hassle of having to download the save first every time you play a game on a different system. For anyone with multiple Switches they bounce between, this is an absolutely crucial update.

link3710

@JaxonH As a giant shutterbug, I think you left out the most important part of the update (IMO). You can now just hook up your Switch to any device via USB and access all your photos and videos directly. No need to even bother with all that QR code stuff if you don't want to.

I'm really hoping it works as well as it sounds, I'm waiting for the update server to be up so I can transfer the 100s of photos / videos I've been meaning to bring over, but needed a new SD card reader or several hours for.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic