Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,321 to 52,340 of 69,964

JaxonH

@link3710
True.

Let me know how to do it once you try it out. I take screenshots constantly. Hundreds upon hundreds, maybe even thousands, and I need to clean house on all my Switches.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DannyBoi

I suspect improvements are coming to switch online now that it is part of the switch OS. And I noticed that the nes and snes apps were ypdated, but no games were added. This is a good but strange system update. I through my suspect Nintendo may have something planned.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

JaxonH

So, there’s a game on Steam called Remnant: From The Ashes that’s kind of a almost-AAA Souls-like game. My brother loves it (he’s a Souls fanatic). He convinced me to buy the game because he was always talking about it and I enjoyed what I played of it so far.

Well, it turns out that there’s this game releasing for Switch called Chronos: Before the Ashes. Up until this point I had paid no attention whatsoever, as it just sounded like another knock off AA game release from some no-name published. At least, that’s what I had assumed.

Turns out, Chronos: Before the Ashes is a prequel to Remnant: From the Ashes, and it’s published by THQ Nordic! I had no idea! It also turns out the game was originally released as an Occulus Rift VR exclusive. And I’m betting that’s where my brother got turned into the series in the first place, since he was hardcore into VR for about a year.

So I decided to order the game, especially since it was only 30 bucks. I didn’t think Remnant was as good as say, dark souls, but it was still a really good game. Solid combat and great graphics. It has more of an artsy Fable type art style. That kind of Microsoft 1st party art style. Best way I can describe it.

Anyways. I’m not saying it’s going to be a game of the year or anything like that, but I did think it was worth mentioning since I am actually really familiar with Remnant. It seems Chronos will actually be a quality game from a known Souls-like series.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Cotillion

The Switch update is a small step in the right direction.
But it is also the side of Nintendo I find frustrating - Here's some features you wanted that every other device you own can already do.....but we're gonna add steps, make it more obtuse and put arbitrary limits on it.

Cotillion

JaxonH

I don’t think it’s fair to say “every other device can do”.

My PS5 can’t send screenshots to my phone at all. Nor can it name separate button assignments, or auto download saves on other devices. At least, to my knowledge (I know Xbox does the save data upload/download, which is great). And as far as I know, running into a PC via USB doesn’t have any extra steps (maybe Link3710 can confirm or deny after trying it for themselves).

So when looked at through that lens of perspective it doesn’t strike me as frustrating in the slightest. On the contrary, I’m beyond thrilled to see Nintendo making such forward strides in save data management ecosystem for multiple devices. They’re adding things I actually care about, things that actually make my gaming experience way more convenient. I do think sending the pics to smartphone could be improved upon even more, but it worked pretty well for me. And considering it’s something I can’t even do on other devices I have, it’s hard to complain.

edit
Monster Hunter Rise confirmed to have online play with all regions, with pre-set messages auto-translating to the set language of whoever you’re playing with, which means you’ll be able to play and effectively communicate with literally anyone in the world regardless of country, region or language barrier.

Also, pausing in offline mode is now confirmed (a feature NOT present in World), mantles confirmed to not be returning (a huge plus), video recording feature is confirmed, and they are looking at including free text chat in game between players as well as auto-translated pre-recorded voice lines and stamps. So the voiced shoutouts can be used to communicate, and will be translated into the native language of each player in the party so everyone hears it in their own language.

Edited on by JaxonH

link3710

@JaxonH Uh... Technically, there's an 'extra step' of the usb transfer being located in settings instead of under the album, but other than that it basically seems to act like you connected an Android device from what I can tell.

But yeah, I agree. I don't think I've seen anything save Steam have autodownload / upload of cloud saves across multiple devices. And even then it has limitations (Skyrim not autouploading quicksaves comes to mind...) And transferring photos from my PS5 to a USB is definitely more painful than this, but that's mostly because you have to use the PS5 controller to select pics.

link3710

link3710

So it's the Capcom leak has confirmed that Okami (600k NS, 536k PC, 529k PS3, 445k PS4, 121k XB1) and Ace Attorney Trilogy (462k NS, 245k PC, 103k PS4, 4k XB1) both sold best on Switch, while the Dragon's Dogma port sold almost half of the combined XB1/PS4 total (we don't have individual numbers for those, but 330k to 748k). Onimusha sold second best on Switch as well out of the 4 platforms (NS was 111k, PS4 was at 207k, XBO 39k and PC 34k)

...Honestly, most notable is that Ace Attorney Trilogy only managed a paltry 4k copies on XB1, while having nearly a million sales total. It's definitely not Nintendo that is struggling with third party sales these days, at least for Capcom. It seems that Nintendo's ecosystem is now very good for them.

Also, with Okami having managed over 2 million sales in rereleases now, it's actually sold far better than I thought. The NS release alone outsold the PS2 + Wii versions combined, and the game has now likely sold close to the DMC games in terms of copies.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Blooper987

@link3710 it makes me sooo happy to hear Ace Attorney is selling well. The more people who play it the better!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Grumblevolcano

The Player's Voice category for the Game Awards gone live (winner is 100% decided by the public) and a few Nintendo games are eligible:

• Animal Crossing New Horizons
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
  • Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Dang, it's honestly going to be a bit tougher this year than usual. I haven't played any games this year that I feel like have to be the winner, but pretty much every game on this list save Fortnight / League deserves to be here.

link3710

IceClimbers

So what's everyone's hauls so far from the holiday sales for those that are indulging?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Magician

Random first impression.

Sayonara Wild Hearts might be the best autorunner I've ever played?

I can't remember the last game that assaulted my senses like this.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

gcunit

@Magician When did you find it 'get good'? I played the first couple of tracks having bought it recently and found it very underwhelming due to the hype it had. Found Thumper made a much better instant impression in that regard.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

I liked Sayonara Wild Hearts, I just didnt think it was as good as it was hyped up to be.

Anyways, Immortals is out. And it sure feels like a high quality game.

Magician

@gcunit

Personally I'd categorize Thumper as a music/rhythm game rather than an autorunner, but I understand why you'd consider SWH and Thumper similar. To be fair my experience with autorunners is pretty shallow. I'm stacking SWH against Runner 3 and Bubsy: PoF, which aren't exactly award-worthy by comparison. And although I'm usually not big on presentation (gameplay > graphics), I have to admit SWH's art style and fluid transitions have me spellbound.

High in style, low in substance, very artsy-fartsy.

It reminds me of thatgamecompany's game Journey, only SWH is in a different genre.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic