Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,281 to 52,300 of 69,981

Dezzy

@Magician

Have you actually tried the other solutions for it?

The contact cleaner approach has worked great for me on 2 out of 3 occasions. Then on the one time it didn't work, I just bought a new analog stick off ebay and replaced it myself. Very cheap and fairly easy to do.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

Oh my gosh. Sniper Elite 4 is one of the best games I’ve ever played. It’s better than Splinter Cell Blacklist and honestly, it’s better than Metal Gear Solid too. It’s easily the best stealth game I’ve ever played, and I absolutely suck at stealth games... usually anyways. I seem to be pretty good at this one though (granted, I’m playing on normal difficulty). This game is... it’s just incredible.

@Heavyarms55
You must have hit the motherlode. I haven’t seen them less than $180 myself. But prices are coming down, which is a good sign. Maybe larger storage capacities are nearing release.

I bought 3 for $250/ea, one for each Switch- v2 digital, Switch Lite digital, v2 physical) right after they released and thought that was a great deal (at the time they were $350). Then I bought a fourth a few weeks ago for $180 to tuck in the kickstand of the v2 digital Switch. Even then, I only have 150 gb space free on the spare, and 50gb free on the main card. And that’s with keeping a spare Witcher 3 cartridge in the slot at all times to alleviate 32gb storage, and having 2 games on the internal storage. We need larger micro SD cards ASAP.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH Well mine was on sale. It wasn't full price.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Magician

@Dezzy

Yeah, I tried to repair it myself and botched it, badly. I didn't handle the ribbon cables well at all. Full on "bull in a china shop" situation.

Ralizah wrote:

@Magician Thought about getting a Split Pad Pro? They're incredibly comfortable, and don't drift as far as I'm aware. I'm never going back to joycons.

Before now? Never.

But now that I need a replacement controller to play my Switch in bed I'll consider them.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

@Magician

Lol. Yeah it does say on the small print "Not for clumsy sausage fingers." I think.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

@Magician Thought about getting a Split Pad Pro? They're incredibly comfortable, and don't drift as far as I'm aware. I'm never going back to joycons.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tangerine

Anyone know if a fast charge cell phone galaxy s20 can safely charge a Nintendo switch? The charger the phone comes with I mean... thanks

Tangerine

JaxonH

@Tangerine
Yes, BUT... I would check the Power Delivery profiles. Switch official charger uses a very odd 14.5V at 1.2A which is often MIA from other USB-C PD chargers. Either way it should work. I cant recommend it long term, but itll probably be fine.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

For being compared to hardware that's essentially TWO generations ahead in power, the Switch version of Immortal Fenyx Rising holds up insanely well.

It still amazes me they're able to take games like this and compress it down into a handheld version while still retaining such a similar look and feel.

Ryu_Niiyama

I’m pretty impressed with the Switch version of immortals. Will get sometime next month.

Edit: down to my last 56GB. After clearing demos. Sigh. Need 2TB card. Come on sandisk!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

gcunit

@JaxonH I bet you get a real kick out of treating people like this, don't you. Like a proper little Pied Piper ain'tcha. Well, I hope it makes you happy.

Sniper Elite v2 and Sniper Elite III bought.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit
I saw you post in my email, and my heart started pounding, thinking oh crap, what did I do! ha

Sniper Elite 3 is a lot more open, but I think you’ll like em both. Do you play on the TV or handheld?

rallydefault

@Giancarlothomaz
I bet they put a remaster on Switch (maybe upgrade Sun and Moon for the Switch or something like that?), or maybe just a ported collection of the mainline entries or something. It'll sell millions whatever they do lol

rallydefault

toiletduck

Tangerine wrote:

Anyone know if a fast charge cell phone galaxy s20 can safely charge a Nintendo switch? The charger the phone comes with I mean... thanks

I do this regularly, so far without any issues. I am aware of the 'risk' I'm taking. Gives me a thrill everytime I unplug it

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

gcunit

@JaxonH I swing both ways... but predominantly handheld. No stranger to table-top either. Depends on the game somewhat. If it's a gyro-aiming game like Splatoon 2 or Call of Juarez then I detach the joy-cons - if I try gyro aiming handheld I get in a dizzy mess.

Is IV even more open than III? I'll get it someday but I'm happy to wait for the price to come down now that I've found III going cheap. A couple of days ago III and IV were going for the same price so I was beginning to think I'd jump straight to IV, but I'm going to get to play through them all now hopefully.

Saying all this tentatively though cos I've never used the retailer I've ordered v2 and III from, and allowing for the possibility that the deal was too good to be true. Find out later this week I guess when delivery is due...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit
So basically, Sniper Elite v2 put the series on the map. Like, that's when the series went HD and became more modernized. v2 was very highly acclaimed. Sniper Elite 3 then pushed the franchise forward by making maps more open, greatly improving the character models and perfecting mechanics. But it took place in Africa, so you get a lot of desert. Sniper Elite 4 is like the perfection and refinement of the formula. It's so good. Dont get me wrong, I love 3 to death also, but 4 is better. More varied terrain as it takes place in Italy, better missions, larger arsenal of takedowns and ways to set traps, more environmental focus... it's one of those games that took something great (Sniper Elite 3) and improved on it in every way, even if marginal in many areas. When evaluated in totality, it's a noticeable improvement.

One of the biggest things I like about 4 is how it handles blown cover and suspicious enemies. In the previous games it gave a warning radius you had to get away from. But in 4 it kinda just leaves you to it, to figure it out for yourself. The map turns yellow or red depending on if enemies are suspicious or you've been sighted, and your last known location leaves a ghost, similar to Splinter Cell Blacklist, if you've played that game.

I'd say enjoy v2 for more simple, linear progression in less interesting environments, but with really fun sniping still. Enjoy 3 for a more modern Sniper Elite experience, with more open maps and refined mechanics. But play 4 for the real deal. The pinnacle of the franchise (at least, until 5 inevitably releases).

Also, if you enjoy the series, might also want to check out Zombie Army Trilogy. Kinda how Call of Duty Black Ops has Zombies mode, it's like that but for Sniper Elite. It packages all 3 into a single game. Still has gyro aiming and all that. But Zombie Army 4 is where it's at. Still waiting on that one to come to Switch though. I'm sure it will. They've brought literally everything else.

Grumblevolcano

If Bethesda's statement about DOOM Eternal is accurate we'll be getting lots more info on the Switch version tomorrow given tomorrow is the last day of the month (Tuesday is December 1st).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic