Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,201 to 52,220 of 69,992

rallydefault

@jump
I'm with you that I enjoy LM3 more than Odyssey. Odyssey was a big letdown for me in general, but it might be the next game on my list to give a second chance.

@Grumblevolcano
Yea, I agree with that. The potential for really cool single-player DLC areas is off the charts for LM3. With the hotel environment they could have even done smaller guest houses, maybe a connected lodge up in those mountains or something, a boat house down by the lake - the options go on and on. The multiplayer is fun, though, but I was definitely disappointed when I heard the DLC was solely focused on it.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 This interview back in February is what made me think the next Next Level Games project will be multiplayer focused:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/a_single-player_dlc...

As for Metroid Prime 4 having multiplayer, I just thought it would have multiplayer given single player only FPS games are extremely rare nowadays.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Monkeido

@JaxonH I was never going to buy Sniper Elite 4 on Switch, seeing as I already finished it on PC and I prefer games like this with mouse and keyboard, but the way they optimized this game for Switch (judging from that video) definitely makes me consider purchasing it. It still looks great and seems to run great!

Monkeido

JaxonH

@Monkeido
Totally understand not wanting to play games like this with just analogs. I'm not a fan of KB/M because I have my PC connected to my TV, but that's ok, since they implemented gyro aiming, which to me is nearly as good as a mouse but with all the comfort of a controller. It actually makes games like this viable with analog controls.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Monkeido

@JaxonH I've always found gyro controls to be a great middle ground between M/KB and analog sticks. Knowing that they even added gyro aiming makes it sounds like an even better port!

Monkeido

TheFrenchiestFry

Honestly gyro controls still feel super unnatural to me next to keyboard/mouse aiming for FPS games

I tried DOOM/Wolfenstein on Switch as well as DOOM on Steam with the Pro Controller, and both just felt really off even after playing around with sensitivity settings

Mouse aiming feels more heavy and more comfortable to me. There's something jittery about gyro aiming with a controller

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Cotillion

@TheFrenchiestFry I'm the same way. I am absolute garbage at any FPS using dual analog, even with gyro and I've more than given it a fair try. Of course, there are a few exceptions, like Metroid Prime that used a lock-on feature.
I have my PC hooked up to my TV, but I also have a table just big enough for KB/M that I use for couch play FPS because I'd much rather that than struggle to use dual analog/gyro. I mean, some companies and communities consider using KB/M in online games to be "cheating", so that in itself says a lot.

Cotillion

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry I wish they would fix the left stick to be better with FPS games, No matter how hard I try it does work nearly as good as a ps4/ps5 Xbox controller, Even the pro controller is not as good, the sticks are to small and they don't move right, gyro is ok but It dose not feel right.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

Gyro is only jittery if you have the sensitivity too high, it’s not well implemented, or you move the controller around when you play (which some people do). It also has a learning curve. Just as if you took someone who never used a right analog their entire life, then gave them a shooter with dual analog controller and said have at it... it’s gonna take some time before the muscle memory develops. Same is true with gyro. You have to learn how to utilize it correctly by first finding the sweet spot sensitivity (too much causes jitter and loss of accuracy, too little results in large movements needed), and then only dialing in your aim with small reflexes rather than replacing the right analog entirely. I’ve seen countless people who think they’re supposed to crank the sensitivity all the way up and just replace the right analog with it... usually those people stop using it within the first week.

The gyro in DOOM was excellent. It actually makes playing in handheld viable (heck, it actually makes playing on the TV viable- can’t stand playing that game without it- it’s either Switch in handheld with gyro or Steam controller on the TV with gyro... either way, gyro is a must).

But I’ve got nothing against using KB/M. Even though it’s not my cup of tea I acknowledge it’s a great control method for those that prefer it. The problem is you can’t use it on Switch games anyways, so even if it’s better it’s kind of irrelevant. The issue is that dual analog alone feels unplayable once you’ve grown accustomed to superior control schemes. You have to rely on bullet magnetism and auto-aim to even remotely stand a chance (unless you’re pro-tier, but even then a pro tier gyro user is going to run circles around that person). When I play with dual analog without gyro, I have to rely on aim assist. And it makes the game not even fun to play because, even then, I have to rely on cheap tactics like strafing to fine tune aim. With gyro that’s never an issue. And frankly, it’s just more fun. For the same reason using a light gun at the arcade was fun as a kid. It feels like you’re actually aiming (which... you are),

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Blooper987

Ok really important question guys! What are some good T-rated Visual Novels on Switch that don’t have that much sexual content in them? The cheaper the better. It’s surprisingly hard to find appropriate games in this genre.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

BruceCM

Which have you played or are there any you're interested in, @Blooper987 ? I think the Steins Gate games are M but that isn't for sexual content/ nudity, for instance .... Obviously, avoid those that say they're otome games & otherwise the descriptions should cover what content they have

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Blooper987

@BruceCM I’ve played the Ace Attorney games and I’ve watched long plays of Danganronpa and DDLC. Aviary Attorney, CLANNAD, and Planetarian look good. Other than those I don’t really know of any.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

BruceCM

AI: Somnium Files? Think that might have got rated M but it really should be T, instead .... Maybe some others here have more ideas

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

@Blooper987 Steins;Gate Elite is a great science-fiction VN. I'd recommend it.

And, as mentioned, AI: The Somnium Files is a high-profile adventure game on the system.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

I'm still waiting on the eshop black Friday deals. Do we know of any that'll be coming this week yet?

NintendoByNature

link3710

@Knighty_IX WHAT THE HECK IS THIS? Are we seriously getting a new TWEWY game? The cast looks like uhhhh... WAIT MINAMIMOTO IS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER?????? I'm dying here.

link3710

link3710

@Knighty_IX Iiiii really need to finish Final Remix now. There's just been too much coming out for me to finish playing a not quite as fun rerelease to get to the new stuff.

link3710

JaxonH

My brother loved TWEWY on DS. I played the Switch version and had some issues with the pointer controls, until I learned how to do it properly. Was still kind of hard though.

I'll probably just wait for the sequel and play that. Then if I'm super into it, I'll go back and play the first.

Also may give Dark Souls another go on Switch. Brother came over and coached me on Demons Souls, and just like DS3, I had fun. Now I want to play Dark Souls on Switch and pick back up where I left off

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic