Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,181 to 52,200 of 70,001

BinaryMessiah

@Magician For this year is was the pandemic solely. The Switch sold out right as countries entered lockdowns and it was sold out for months and was being scalped. I even picked up a second Switch (Lite) and got the last one in my area right when all this started back in March. Animal Crossing was just a huge boost because it was the perfect game for when you can't go outside and it allowed casual players to enter the Switch easily. It all kind of worked together in a weird way that will probably never happen again.

Edited on by BinaryMessiah

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

JaxonH

Feel like this forum is now the NintendoLife Home Page.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Giancarlothomaz

@WahooTime it was mostly the piss poor markerting of Nintendo for Wii U that dint convey how unique and intereting the Wii U can be, during the Wii U reveal trailer i was preplexed/confused(even me a Nintendo fan since my 6 year old), Nintendo in the naivety trough they could only use the Wii brand and voilá, massive sales sucess to Nintendo again(wrong for them), the poor markerting for Wii U resulted in Nintendo worst selling home console ever(even if Nintendo released masterpieces like Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3D World and ...)so Nintendo trought that it would be better if they release the best games of Wii U now on Switch(Nintendo current best selling home/Handheld console yet).

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Maaryotyme

@JaxonH I’m sorry but am I the only one that realises that he/she posts the same thing as Nintendolife on a Nintendo life forum

Edited on by Maaryotyme

Maaryotyme

Magician

Limited Run are exploring the possibility of releasing Doom Eternal physically.

https://i.redd.it/ji07sxgr3i061.jpg

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Magician
Thanks.

I tweeted some suggestions such as 16gb cart with single player and MP download, or $70 for 32gb cart to cover the extra cost, which he says is stupidly expensive and that people wouldn’t believe if he revealed.

I’d like to have just for a collector item, even though I’ll be buying digitally day one anyways (provided it’s not a disaster like Outer Worlds).

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

I have to say, I was pretty sour on Luigi's Mansion 3 when I rushed through it at release. I was critical of the controls and depth perception and the linear nature of each floor that lacked a lot of the vertical exploration from the other games. I'll admit that I was probably influenced by what others were saying on these forums, too.

But I decided to give it another playthrough and get 100% before Hyrule Warriors came out, and my opinion has entirely changed. It's a really great game if you take your time with it to appreciate the subtleties: the Boos, the gem puzzles, the charming hidden areas. The boss ghosts were really fun even on my first playthrough. I still think the vacuum hit detection can be a bit tough with depth perception in certain areas, but as with most things practice makes it much better.

It's definitely on my top 10 list for Switch, and that's saying something. For anyone who never gave it a shot or recently purchased a Switch, it would be a fantastic purchase for the holidays. My first playthrough took about 20 hours, but I can see my 100% playthrough taking 30-40 hours. The multiplayer is fun, too, but not many people play it these days.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault yea its far better than LM2. I still haven't played the first yet. I was kinda holding out for a switch port but if I can find a 3ds copy cheap enough I'll probably grab it.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

This is how it’s done. Frame rate analysis for Sniper Elite 4 puts other current gen AAA ports to shame. And, all without borking the resolution. This is easily the best AAA 8th gen port to date.

Screenshot In Handheld Mode On My Switch Lite

Untitled

Framerate Analysis

@rallydefault
Narratives can often influence peoples’ perspective about a particular issue. If you keep hearing people say something is true, it’s going to shape how you view things.

Always good to approach something from an unbiased perspective and draw your own conclusions. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen the gaming media push a narrative about a game and then everybody hops on the bandwagon, using the that very media narrative to justify their newly adopted opinions. Not that LM3 got bad press, but I have seen it with other games, particularly 3rd party ports to Switch.

I found Luigi’s Mansion 3 to be an incredibly good game.

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

I felt Luigi's Mansion 3 was a very good game but with missed opportunities to be even better. The biggest mistake I'd say was expanding the multiplayer instead of expanding the single player, the game had the perfect opportunity to have NG+ as a free update with a swapped around hotel (think Luigi's Mansion GC second mansion) and then paid DLC being new areas to explore.

Choosing to go the multiplayer route makes me wonder if perhaps Next Level Games' next project is something like Metroid Prime 4 multiplayer (while Retro works on the single player), Federation Force HD or a new Mario Strikers.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blooper987

I looked through every single game that released on switch this year, and man oh man has it been a weak year for me😂. Almost nothing I particularly loved. Looks like my favorite games this year are Hatsune Miku, Rivals of Aether, and Mario 35. Luckily I had a ton of games in my backlog to keep me entertained through the year😂.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

NintendoByNature

For me, it was pretty decent. Xenoblade Chronicles DE turned out to be a top 10 game of all time for me. Origami King was stellar, and trials of mana was a alot of fun. Capping it off with 3d Allstars and even though I couldn't grab it yet, Age of Calamity releasing is a pretty solid list of titles for me this year.

NintendoByNature

jump

I honestly feel that Luigi’s Mansion 3 is better than Super Mario Odyssey. LM3 was offering a sense of accomplishment and discovery when I was playing it which I rarely felt in SMO.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Ugh, I didn't even consider Metroid Prime 4 could have multiplayer. I never got to play Echoes multiplayer, but considering this game is likely more of a sequel to Hunters, I'd adore getting some or all of the titular hunters back for a sequel to that game's fantastic online multiplayer mode.

Though... I don't see how them deciding to do multiplayer expansion in LM3 speaks anything about their next project. I do agree that single player DLC would have gone over better...

Oh and yes, I loved LM3 at launch and love it now. It's just so well crafted. But then again, I feel like I'm also the only one enjoying Hyrule Warriors and KH: Melody of Memories so...

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic