Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,281 to 46,300 of 69,981

Magician

MsJubilee wrote:

I have been playing Steins Gate Elite. Have to say, it's fun, but my goodness it's taking a while for the story to pick up.

Steins;Gate is a long, slow burn. But in the end it was worth it. Better than most of the visual novels I've gone through. I had been going through Raging Loop until Snack World released. A halfway decent supernatural thriller. I'm not sure which I'll go with after that (World End Syndrome? The Fruit of Grisaia? Maitetsu: Pure Station?)

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@link3710
Yes.

m-cable is legit. Despite being just SSAA, its surprising how many games look better as a result.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I hope it's just an expansion pass like Fire Emblem (that also has "In-Game Purchases" listed in the ESRB rating).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

In game purchases can really be anything from "5 Happy Diamonds for 10 dollars!" to a story-driven dlc chapter where you rescue Tortimer from his own madness.

Let's not just assume the worst automatically.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

Yeah, I'm not gonna worry until we see what it entails. Hard to believe it's almost time for the game to come out

TuVictus

rallydefault

Face it, people, they're gonna milk you guys for all you're worth. I'm not an Animal Crossing player, but I know a bit about the games, and they're gonna make whales out of you. They've been waiting a long time to do this.

Even 99 cents here and there for little pieces of furniture, fishing poles that look slightly cooler, glow-in-the-dark wallpaper, you name it. Sure, they'll let you get a bunch of stuff just by playing the game, but if you want the REALLY neat digital stuff that doesn't matter, you're gonna have to pony up.

And they'll connect it all to the AC mobile game somehow, too.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault I'm not sure but what I am certain of is if this happens with Animal Crossing it'll spread to the other multiplayer franchises on the Switch. Mario Kart would get microtransactions similar to Mario Kart Tour, Splatoon would get battle passes like virtually all FPS/TPS games nowadays, a new Mario Strikers game happens and its microtransactions are like FIFA Ultimate Team, etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@rallydefault I mean, is it really Nintendo’s fault? 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
It's happening, my man. Animal Crossing is the PERFECT franchise for them to truly experiment with this kinda stuff with a full-fat AAA title on the Switch. Everything you described is on the horizon. I full expect Mario Kart 9 to AT LEAST have multiple DLC packs if not microtransactions for costumes, kart skins, etc. Splatoon 3 will definitely have seasons and battle passes and the whole works.

It's the way of the future because we as gamers didn't stand up to all this crud over a decade ago when it started. When Bethesda came out with 15 dollar horse armor or whatever, and when CoD came out with its first map pack, gamers should have stood united and boycotted that stuff. But we snapped it up. And then came loot crates, but now those are on the way out because of gambling laws. So now here we are with "seasons" and "DLC packs" and "diamonds/crystal apples" for the rest of our days. No game is 60 dollars anymore. They're all 60 dollars +15-60 more for the packs.

@HobbitGamer
Nope, I don't blame them. Company=must make money, and as described above, they figured out how to make more money.

At least I got to grow up in the golden age of gaming. Back in the 90s, if you were gonna release DLC and have people buy it, you released an "expansion pack" bursting at the seams with new content. PC games were good with that kind of stuff. The Blizzard games like Diablo and StarCraft, dang - their expansion packs were sometimes better than the original games. Command and Conquer, same thing. HUGE expansion packs that were worth the price, and they usually only charged 20-30 bucks. And that only happened on PC, obviously - most consoles back then had no way of updating games for DLC. (Yes I realize internet connections were much slower back then for most people, but everything is relative - internet was slower, games were much smaller.)

These days people are so brainwashed they'll pay 20 bucks for new gun skins in CoD.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

HobbitGamer

@rallydefault Yup, Same here. That Brood war expansion was its own thing, dood! Much content, very nice.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

darkfenrir

I'll just continue advocating indies

darkfenrir

MsJubilee

@rallydefault Smash Ultimate, Pokemon Sword&Shield has that in their rating. What are you guys crying about? It's for the online service; you dudes freak out over nothing.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

@MsJubilee Could be microtransactions (Super Kirby Clash has it listed and you can only buy gem apples ingame with real money), could be DLC (Fire Emblem Three Houses has it listed and you can only buy the expansion pass ingame with real money), could be something do with buying NSO ingame. We just don't know until Nintendo reveals it.

@rallydefault I like DLC, it's the replacement to DLC (past 5 years or so, maybe longer) that's the problem namely limited time progression systems and microtransactions (e.g. loot boxes, battle passes).

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@rallydefault Why do you think I moved to Nintendo exclusively during the Wii U era. It was the only safe haven from all those practices...

Edit: until I hear otherwise, I assume all games that would support the model and have any signs are MTX filled nightmares to avoid like the plague.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Ninfan

It I get enough "my nintendo points" together am I able to buy a game with them ?

Ninfan

Aozz101x

a Red Themed Nintendo Switch Lite has been announced and will release on March 20th

[Nintendo HP] News release "Nintendo Switch Lite" has been released on March 20th.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

gcunit

The whole world waits with baited breath for an orange Switch Lite now. And don't even mention the p-u-r-p-l-e word...

Then finally a white one. And the world will implode.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic