Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,281 to 46,300 of 47,185

JaxonH

The Touryst was good, but not great.

That’s all I can really say about it. I liked Fast Racing RMX more. I just feel like everything in the game was more shallow than it should have been. The monument puzzle dungeons are incredibly short. And the linearity of the game doesn’t offer much on the side. It seems like it does, but everything is skin deep. Raced the gyrocopter. Ok. Now what. Played the retro games, but you only get like 60 seconds to play the same segment over and over. And I’m not sure it would’ve been realistic to include a full retro FAST racing game, but that’s the kind of thing that makes games great and stick with you.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Tokyo Mirage Sessions, AC Rebel Collection, The Witcher 3
PC: Pillars of Eternity 2

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Bravely Default II, Xenoblade HD, Trials of Mana
PC: Cyberpunk 2077, Ori Will of the Wisps

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

I believe all physical editions get all content (except Showdown in 3DS' and Vita's case) for no extra cost, yes. As do digital purchases that were made before a certain date (years ago, before Switch was out).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Magician

So the past few days have been interesting. Rumors of the Bayonetta & Vanquish 4K Double Pack have resurfaced. Now the rumors have been updated to say, "4K / 720p". So will Switch owners be playing Vanquish soon?

This rumor first appeared back in 2017.

Naturally, I assume the original announcement was delayed until a Switch port of Vanquish was completed.
https://www.vg247.com/2017/09/11/european-retailers-list-bayo...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 516 games (as of January 22nd, 2020)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Trails of Cold Steel (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

JaxonH

On the one hand, it would be foolish to neglect Switch given the small, albeit loyal Platinum games following on the system.

On the other hand, it would be odd to sell Bayonetta packaged with Vanquish when it’s already sold solo and already bundled with Bayonetta 2.

And yet on the other hand (the third hand? Right) the game has already been developed on Switch, and the amount of work required would be drastically reduced.

In the end, I think it would be ignorant to skip Switch, yet somehow devs do it all the time, so who can say.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Bravely Default II, Xenoblade HD, Trials of Mana

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

@Magician I had a thought in the Xbox thread that maybe Nintendo's part of the Nintendo-Microsoft collaboration which gave us Cuphead, Ori and Banjo is Bayonetta 3 coming to Xbox One/Scarlett.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

I'd prob grab a vanquish/ bayo pack. I have bayo 1 and 2 for Wii u so I wouldn't mind double dipping on switch if it was packed with another game and the price is right

NintendoByNature

Magician

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Magician I had a thought in the Xbox thread that maybe Nintendo's part of the Nintendo-Microsoft collaboration which gave us Cuphead, Ori and Banjo is Bayonetta 3 coming to Xbox One/Scarlett.

Bayonetta is Sega's IP, it would be their decision.

Unless Nintendo themselves are fully funding Bayonetta 3 (as they did with Bayonetta 2), Nintendo wouldn't have a say in the matter.

Switch Physical Collection - 516 games (as of January 22nd, 2020)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Trails of Cold Steel (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

NintendoByNature

Grabbed Darksiders 2 for 12 bucks at best buy today since they price match game stop (who didn't have stock), and game stop has their weekly deals on Saturdays 😀. Nice grab if i do say so!

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
I was gonna post that deal but it had already sold out online and none showed in stock near me, so I figured it wasn’t worth it. I hate the hassle of price matching, but wow. That’s definitely a nice scoop there. Idk if you’ve ever played the Darksiders franchise before, but it’s one of my long time favorites (and as such, I’m absolutely ecstatic waiting to see Darksiders Genesis on Switch).

Darksiders II port quality on Switch left a little to be desired, imo. The first one was so well done, with a 60 FPS performance mode that eliminated the input lag, while the second one not only didn’t offer a performance mode, it also had some framerate issues and dynamic res drops. It’s still playable and I love the fact I have it on a hybrid system, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit disappointed with the quality of the port given the bar they set with the previous entry.

Now. Games that have exceeded my expectations and set a new standard of quality on Switch include Assassin’s Creed Rebel Collection, Alien Isolation and Overwatch. I’ve played all three games this weekend and wow... just wow. Developers are putting a lot more effort into their Switch ports now. Like, a lot more. All of these games feel like they are Nintendo level of quality and polish.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH surprisingly, the price match was rarher smooth. Showed em my phone, took 5 minutes and out i went. I did play 1 back on switch release day and finished it. Absolutely loved it. I'm ok with minor performance issues, and again, only at 12 bucks, wow. I'll be super busy for at least 2 months to come including all my black Friday deals.

Edit: I feel like game stop does these deals as a ploy to get people to visit the store and site. The last 3 times I've seen a deal, they haven't been anywhere remotely close to my location. And im just outside Chicago, fyi. Its no excuse. But at least you have price match with best buy. So gamestop is only helping them honestly.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
I don’t have a BB near me and usually have to do it over the phone. Even as an Elite Plus member with a special number to call, it’s a pain. As a GCU member I have to explain to them why I got it for less than the price I’m trying to match, and why I should get 20% off the matched price. It all seems a bit much for the people on the other end of the line and every time I end up having to explain it to three different people and getting a manager override.

Now, I just buy a new copy on the sale price and return it under the old order number. And naturally I don’t really bother with price matching from other retailers as a result.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

link3710

@Magician Actually, they have a partial say in the matter. Nintendo financed the Japanese localization of Bayonetta 1 when it came to Wii U, and they had to agree to let that be used for the PC release (Per Kamiya's Twitter). If the PS4 version has the JP voices intact, then Nintendo did indeed play ball (or SEGA paid to redo it but that seems... unlikely). Of course, we don't know details either way yet.

link3710

rallydefault

Guys, for anybody who played Ori and the Blind Forest: I'm loving the demo, but question about the whole game: Is it a "metroidvania" like Hollow Knight? Is it as long as Hollow Knight? I'm just a bit hesitant. I love platformers, but I'm not the biggest fan of long games with lots of backtracking and stuff like that. I don't mind a bit of "can't go here until you get this powerup" as long as it's relatively streamlined. Hollow Knight was an excellent game, but I did set it down for quite some time before picking it back up to beat it.

rallydefault

juniors77

Few weeks ago I've changed my old controller to a new one, and sometimes gameplay differs from the situations I expect. Is it possible that hardware could make lags for gameplay things? If we talk about experts and their reviews of hardware things, I've recall to one website where you can order it and check over here from different panels, with different colors and to choose option it would have in it.

Edited on by juniors77

juniors77

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH yea that does sound like a hassle. Thankfully it was pretty smooth for me on this one.
@rallydefault ori is a light metroidvania I'd say. It's not too difficult and there isn't really much back tracking. I think I beat it 10 hours give or take. Hollow knight can be upwards of 50 hours. Ori is a much shorter, easier game imo.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Thanks! That is very helpful. Kind of what I'm looking for right now, honestly. I did end up enjoying Hollow Knight, but it took me awhile to get into it and I put it down for a long time somewhere around the beginning-middle of the game.

I mostly enjoy straight platforming and light combat elements. I can do with a bit of powerups and keeping track of a map/backtracking, but something on the level of Hollow Knight I'll only dig into every now and then.

rallydefault

link3710

@rallydefault I'll double up what NintendoByNature said. Between having tons of warps and the relatively short length of the game (Hollow Knight had the level of content I'd expect in a full retail release) you can play through almost entirely without backtracking. Of course, there are rewards if you do, but it's basically optional.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault yea no problem. If I recall, I think theres even icons showing you where you should be going. It's just a matter of getting there. Hollow knight eventually got too frustrating for me. I always tell myself, one day I'll go back, but it's been well over a year and a half. I'd say there's less exploration and even combat than a typical 2d metroid, but the graphics and music/sound are superior. I did enjoy ori, but I wasn't in love with it like many people are. It's still a fun game though, it just stinks that you missed the recent sale it had.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Yea I could've saved a few bucks, but I was knee-deep in Pokémon fever lol couldn't put that game down.

I know it's just the demo, but man - it's really grabbing me. The art direction is so beautiful. The controls feel good, if a bit floaty. I like the little attack they gave me. Just feels good and I know I'll enjoy the basic mechanics.

Hollow Knight was definitely a trip. It picked up for me around the middle of the game and then I saw it through to the end. I wouldn't say I loved it, but I would say...hrm...I "appreciated" it lol

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault for sure. I still need to get back into Pokemon. I've been playing with my daughter and it's been really hard to wait for her honestly. We dont always get time to play, so we usually only get 30-40 minutes a pop to play the game. We're only about 4 hours in. I'm devoted to only play with her, and have it be our first game we beat together.

If you were grabbed in the demo, you should enjoy the rest of the game. There's some pretty intense moments too, like physically, and emotionally.

I'll at least say team cherry set the standard ( or raised the bar ) as to how to make a game and price it. I think they could've charged 20-25 bucks and no one would bat an eye. I can say this having never finished the game. I think I played about 15 hours or so and barely scratched the surface.

Same with yacht club games. They also set the standard with treasure trove. Only 2 more days til KoC!!!

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic