Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,261 to 46,280 of 69,963

JaxonH

@DannyBoi
I don’t have any more information than you do. But obviously their plan is the same one they have every year- sell games. It’s just a question of which ones will finish development and be ready to release this year.

There’s games we know are coming this year:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Brain Age
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Animal Crossing
Xenoblade Chronicles HD
Bravely Default II

There’s games we suspect are coming this year based on evidence:

Pikmin 3
Metroid 2D or Prime Trilogy
Paper Mario

There’s games we know about but don’t know if they’re coming this year:

Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3

And there’s the other games that will actually release that we know nothing about:

???
???
???

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

@DannyBoi Dolla dolla bills, y’all

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ninfan

@JaxonH I hope we get metroid prime 4, that's why I bought a switch 😁

Ninfan

Ninfan

@Ky87 I just bought a switch, I bought it to play splatoon 2, you'll sort of make friends playing people with it , they put you on a team of four with each other, it's really good fun. I also bought a switch to play metroid prime 4 if it's out this year and I'm guessing it might be.

Ninfan

Matthew010

@Anti-Matter Yeah, I'm definitely considering buying it. Supposedly it's £9 instore at GAME, so hopefully I can find a copy soon!

Matthew010

Dezzy

@JaxonH

Yeah I already got them in a PS4 sale as well. But I just don't get round to playing on PS4 as often, and I already have both Horizon Zero Dawn and Red Dead 2 in my backlog. So I'm much more likely to play something if it's on the Switch.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

@Dezzy
I'm the same way. That's why I buy everything on Switch. Though PC has completely replaced other consoles. Gyro for any game.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

Man, lesson learned on getting Bethesda games on Switch, or at least Wolfenstein. I thought it'd be cool to play Youngblood on it, but the constant glitches(maybe that's in every version?) and very, very rough graphical set backs make it almost not worth it.
Then I got Torchlight 2 on sale and wow, that game feels like it was made for the Switch despite originally being a PC game. Colorful, the graphics pop, and it runs very well. Yeah, I know, two very different games, but now I know what to avoid.

Also got Degrees of Separation for free thanks to my gold coins and its discount to $2. Seems like a quiet and peaceful game to play once in a while

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

MsJubilee

I have been playing Steins Gate Elite. Have to say, it's fun, but my goodness it's taking a while for the story to pick up.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

link3710

@PikPi Eh? Really? I haven't played Youngblood, but Doom (2016) was wonderful on Switch. Same with Skyrim.

link3710

JaxonH

@PikPi
Skyrim is phenomenal on Switch.

And frankly, Youngblood just isn't. Though I will say that DOOM and Wolfenstein 2, post patch, are much better than at launch and look perfectly acceptable in handheld mode (maybe not so much docked).

Youngblood just isn't a very good game to begin with. Even Wolf 2 was a step down from New Order, but it's at least in the ballpark. Youngblood I simply cannot recommend.

Ralizah

I mean, if you get modern AAA games on a weak gaming tablet, you have to kind of accept that you'll be playing somewhat gimped versions of them. With that said, consider how different console vs. handheld versions of games used to be, and it's an astonishing difference. Modern technology is really something.

Although, really, unless you own a PC, you're playing gimped versions of AAA games anyway. No gyro + 30fps in most games on PS4/Xbone isn't ideal. At least with Switch, you get the significant benefit of portability.

Last gen games and AA games are best on Switch, though. Catherine should look very clean on Switch. Skyrim looks great (well, I mean, as great as Bethesda's janky games can look without mods). Anything not pushing up against the upper end of what modern home console performance does well.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

Ralizah wrote:

I mean, if you get modern AAA games on a weak gaming tablet, you have to kind of accept that you'll be playing somewhat gimped versions of them.

Yep I did. There's a downgrade and then there's character models that look like they don't have eye lids due to how awful the jags get. Just turns out portability is not nearly worth those downgrades. Good for people that are able to enjoy it, though. I just don't think realistic art styles are (i've edited this part like 3 times cuz I misread my own comment, ugh) exactly the best for the Switch.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

JaxonH

@Ralizah
It's the "no gyro" that's the real dealbreaker.

Imagine if, on PS and Xbox, all games with shooting or aiming had to be played with a D-pad instead of analogs. And on Switch, you could actually use analog sticks. Would anyone care how much "better the specs are" if it meant using dated control methods? "I gotta play DOOM with D-pads, but at least it's 60fps!" Say what? And imagine them now claiming that's the "superior version".

It's ludicrous.

Not having gyro is like still using D-pads. And while in years past it was accepted simply because no better option existed, now better options exist. Why play DOOM Eternal with no gyro on PS/X1 when I can play with gyro on PC, with better graphics and free online, or play with gyro on Switch, with portability and still-cheaper online. Theres simply no longer any selling point for buying games on those systems that also release on PC and/or Switch.

JaxonH

@PikPi
That's just not a great port.

Plenty of other examples that look phenomenal (Alien Isolation, Metro Redux 2033 and Last Light, Assassin's Creed III and Rebel Collection, Divinity Original Sin 2, etc).

DOOM and Wolf 2 take big bigger hits but those look plenty good enough on handheld post patch. Witcher 3 takes the biggest hit but for handheld it works. Those are not advised for TV play though.

Dezzy

Despite the Switch being a handheld, I can't help feeling like the games library is still somehow divided up into games you should play in portable VS games you should play in docked.
There are only a fairly small number that look brilliant in both.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@Dezzy Honestly that's fair. But I think what helps with Switch is even when games are suboptimal in the other mode, you can still play it in that one if your circumstances force it. Like how I played Pokemon half docked, half portable.

...Though I'll admit, investing in an mCable to get actual antialiasing has shot up my tv mode time significantly.

link3710

Tyranexx

I've mostly been playing my system docked, but in some cases - particularly with many Nindies - they somehow seem more suited to the smaller screen size.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic