Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,301 to 46,320 of 70,008

FragRed

@gcunit The whole world waits for a rainbow Switch. That’s what we all want - every God damn colour ever imaginable on the same Switch system in a rainbow.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Eel

8bitdo called it.

Their Zero 2 controller came in turquoise and yellow to match the Lite, but strangely enough they also made it in pink.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Idk what you guys are on about. Every game Nintendo has done with DLC has said that.

It literally means you can access the eShop from the game. That’s it. Scaremongering over standard DLC terminology just kills me.

Witcher 3 is getting cross saves with PC it seems @Ralizah. I know a lot of people were hoping for that. I know I was too.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

@JaxonH I've not long downloaded The Witcher 3 patch and it's a superb update. There are various options added but by far the best, in my opinion, is Sharpening. Turned up to High, the difference is very noticeable. Its a huge improvement on before. It definitely seems to be running more smoothly too. Really happy with the timing of the patch as I just started it last week. I had been hanging off playing it until it arrived but couldn't wait any longer. I'm only Level 13 so I've got long way to go.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

TuVictus

After learning of custom cases for the Switch and its controllers, I'm grateful to not feel the need to buy any official special editions now. Though an official Metroid Switch would definitely be something I make an exception for. Still bummed I didn't get that Metroid 3DS

TuVictus

JaxonH

@OorWullie
This is LEGIT!

Steam/GOG Cloud saves sync

10 options for post-processing (anti-aliasing, sharpening, blur, bloom, etc)

Grass physics

Touch controls for interfaces / dialogs / map

Improved performance

The dream is reborn!

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MsJubilee

Magician wrote:

MsJubilee wrote:

I have been playing Steins Gate Elite. Have to say, it's fun, but my goodness it's taking a while for the story to pick up.

Steins;Gate is a long, slow burn. But in the end it was worth it. Better than most of the visual novels I've gone through. I had been going through Raging Loop until Snack World released. A halfway decent supernatural thriller. I'm not sure which I'll go with after that (World End Syndrome? The Fruit of Grisaia? Maitetsu: Pure Station?)

I would go with World End, it's a fantastic mystery thriller. But I will warn you, the game has some mechanics that it doesn't explain to you at all. It's terrible if you want to go to a specific route with someone.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ralizah

@JaxonH Incredibly tempted to pick up The Witcher 3 on Switch once this update goes live.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

Welp, time to dive back into Witcher 3. This update sounds amazing.

link3710

DannyBoi

Do nintendo use cheap batteries on the switch or something?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi wrote:

Do nintendo use cheap batteries on the switch or something?

Nope.
The revised model use different chip and same battery model.
The battery life will depend on Brightness setting, Online using and the games you play (Playing battery life drainer such as Open World style games, Online games, etc)

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

Ok, just tested out The Witcher 3, the postprocessing and the save transfer.

Save Transfer

Flawless Victory. You sign into your Steam account on the main menu the first time, which opens up a menu to load and download saves to either Steam or GOG. Upload save, few seconds later it’s synced.

Fire up the game in Steam, and it will appear in your “Load save” list. Just be careful that you have cloud saves enabled for the game in Steam, and be conscientious of the fact that if you have any newer saves from a newer date from before you sent the save from switch over, It won’t be at the top of the list. It’ll be down in the list wherever it’s save date and time falls. This happened to me because I started a new save on steam so I had a newer save data from a more recent date.

Postprocessing

It’s not magic- there’s only so much you can do with a game as demanding as this running on a 7W handheld. But I do think removing AA makes it less blurry. The trade-off is it looks a little more pixelated, but in my opinion that’s a worthy trade-off. I don’t like the sharpening filter on high but I do like it on low. Blur and motion blur on. High foliage visibility range (anything less is incredibly noticeable).

It looks better on the Lite. It really does. The great thing about trading blur for pixelation is you don’t really notice the pixelation on such a small screen. Whereas you do notice the blur. I haven’t looked at it docked but that may not be the case for docked. It may be that you want anti-aliasing on for docked. I don’t think I would because I have an mcable which already provides that, without making it look blurry and without the small hit to performance, but for anyone else you’re just going to have to investigate it yourself.

Overall

Incredible update. Just being able to turn off AA and add low sharpening makes a noticeable difference, and the fact I am now playing my 50+ hour save file on PC knowing I share it with Switch... amazing. Absolutely amazing. This was my number one desire for this game. I remember having conversations talking about how amazing it would be if we could play on PC with great graphics and then pick up on switch for on the go. I just never actually thought they’d do it!

Edited on by JaxonH

rallydefault

@MsJubilee
I don't know what you're talking about.

@Grumblevolcano
I agree that DLC packs or whatever you wanna call them are better than microtransactions and loot boxes, but that's like saying having a nail driven through your thigh is better than having a nail driven through your eye.

The state of the gaming industry, aside from most indies, is disgusting. It sounds crazy, but the worst thing that ever happened to gaming was popularity and growth. It turned a small-ish industry that was largely a labor of love for small teams of people into massive garbage factories that churn out the dumbest iterative stuff that charges you for what color shirt you want your character to wear.

Take me back to the SNES era any day. Seriously. That was the true golden age. SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo, games like Monkey Island on PC. Excellent times. Even with the "limited" tech of the time, gameplay and storytelling were awesome, and internet forums didn't exist. (I know I'm a total hypocrite lol)

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault I can somewhat second your last paragraph, and even be hypocritical myself because the switch is my favorite console of all time. I loved the 16 bit days for awesome 2d side scrollers and beat em ups. But late 90s was a far better gaming experience for me once the n64 came out. It's my 2nd favorite console. It was just a simpler time in my life where I could game as much as i wanted. And multiplayer got really cool with the n64..

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

#BreakFreePersona hashtag is going around.

If anyone is interested in seeing that series break the chains of exclusivity and make its way to other platforms such as the Nintendo switch or PC, I would suggest dropping a hashtag in a Tweet. The more people who voiced their demand, the better chance we have of them listening.

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault I've found NES, SNES and Mega Drive increasingly meh over time. Like sure there's plenty of fun games on those systems but there's plenty of fun games on later retro systems like N64, Dreamcast and GC but all Nintendo and SEGA focus in on is the 80s and early 90s nostalgia. Getting very boring.

For me currently, the golden age of gaming is Switch (the hybrid nature, the library, DLC instead of unnecessary sequels, etc.).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH I’m playing on my Lite mostly for Witcher 3, and I’m wandering around Toussaint with no blur, no AA, sharpness max. It’s so pretty. Really digging the touchscreen options now, too. Great update for a super satisfying game. I’ve just put in my 165th hour.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

MuhBael

@JaxonH That sounds too hostile as if Sony would be doing something bad by keeping the exclusive to their system.

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

Octane

#BreakFreeZelda I don't want the franchise constrained by Nintendo's systems. I rather play it on PC. Let our voices be heard!

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic