Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,901 to 45,920 of 69,964

Magician

@Octane - thanks for that. It's an ugly scene seeing someone so judgemental.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

Looks like Smash is helping at least in the UK, Fire Emblem Three Houses has re-entered the eshop charts.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama Don't think it has? Gwenom and Miles Morales streetwear were definitely two of the ones I was hoping would show up, so that's nice to see. Not really a fan of that Anti-Venom design (comics or here) though, would have preferred Agent (Anti-)Venom. Guess that means the other 3 costumes they accidentally leaked will be coming probably next month? All in all I've been impressed by the sheer breadth of costumes they've pulled, while also managing to get most of the best looking ones.

link3710

IceClimbers

Nintendo's quarterly results are in!

As of the end of 2019, the Switch has sold 52.48 million units. Insanity.

Pokemon Sword/Shield sold 16.06 million units!!!!

MUA3 and Astral Chain both sold over 1 million LTD

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ryu_Niiyama

Here are more of the games highlights. I hope FE breaks 5mil by end of the Switch lifecycle. Astral chain and marvel look good for being niche releases.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 22.96 million
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 17.68 million
Super Mario Odyssey – 16.59 million
Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 16.34 million
Pokemon Sword/Shield – 16.06 million
Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Eevee – 11.76 million
Splatoon 2 – 9.81 million
Super Mario Party – 9.12 million
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 5.85 million
Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 5.37 million
Super Mario Maker 2 – 5.04 million
Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 4.19 million
Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 2.58 million
Ring Fit Adventure – 2.17 million
Astral Chain – 1.03 million
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 – 1.02 million

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

IceClimbers wrote:

Pokemon Sword/Shield sold 16.06 million units!!!!

16 million sales on a 10 million budget is impressive.

Don't sue me, I'm part of the problem.

Octane

Magician

Anti-Matter wrote:

What about ARMS sales so far ?

Hard to say. More than 2m have sold (as reported back in December 2018) but fewer than 5m since it isn't in Nintendo's list of top ten best selling games.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

klingki

The SNES controller for Switch is back in stock, at least for NA. Finally was able to grab one!

klingki

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Pity about the retail version, but it's nice to have a date. I really just want undocked Switch footage, though.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

link3710

With SS being clearly on the road to the best selling Pokemon games of all time, I genuinely would struggle to believe the next main series games won't have a higher budget. I'm not saying it'll be what they need, but higher at least.

MUA3 clearly well outsold the second game, and Astral Chain breaking that million mark is definitely good news. Glad it looks like no game (except Daemon X Machina presumably) was left behind last year. Do we know where FE:TH fell in all of this?

Also as for Outer Worlds... well no card means it'll be a pick up later title for me if I'm looking for something.

link3710

Magician

@NintendoByNature @Ralizah @link3710

No retail release for Outer Worlds?

Smells like an opportunity for LRG to profit, just like with Divinity Original Sin II.

Ralizah

@Magician It does seem like everything gets a LRG release these days.

Collecting physical Switch games is going to be a total nightmare in the future. I'm so glad there aren't any of these Limited Run releases for 3DS.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

@Magician yea for sure, trying to decide if i should just hold off on it til someone does a physical. I reallly want to play it, I'm ok with waiting for a hefty eshop discount or a physical. Mystery dungeon is it, then.

NintendoByNature

Magician

Ralizah wrote:

Collecting physical Switch games is going to be a total nightmare in the future.

One could say it's a nightmare right now. The Switch is Nintendo's best third party supported platform in the company's history. The console is less than three years old and it is already closing in on 1,000 physical releases. Nintendo's best selling console, the Wii, only had 1,242 spread across six years.

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

16 million sales on a 10 million budget is impressive.

Don't sue me, I'm part of the problem.

Is that the budget? Lol GTA 5 was like 150 million. Nintendo are such scroungers.

No wonder the game is less visually impressive than some Wii games.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@Magician it's definitely a nightmare now. At least the Wii had vast amounts of shovelware you could ignore, the Switch's physical catalog has a far higher percentage of actually good games.

Divinity is one I missed and am not even going to worry about tbh.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic