Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,881 to 45,900 of 45,920

Woomy_NNYes

@NEStalgia Put it in while the game still has a shiny, new, glowing aura around it. I thought I was over the Luigi's Mansion formula and was VERY skeptical that I'd like Luigi's Mansion 3. Once LM3 turns night, which is quick, I think you're going to love it.

And on a separate issue, I'm eagerly awaiting a Bee Simulator review.

Edited on by Woomy_NNYes

Splatoon 2, Crash Team Racing, Trials Rising, Luigi's Mansion 3
Looking forward to December CTR grand prix

FC: SW-5453-2229-5124
Usr:Anderiah / SpookyDipr (scary Halloween username)
eastern US

1UP_MARIO

@NEStalgia fantastic game. Play it. Your gonna love it. So much nintendo polish. So much charm

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Tangerine

Agreed. I've just got to the 15th floor. It's taken me a while as I seem to want to vacuume everything up that's possible to vaccume up and search everywhere possible, thoroughly. I've put it down till tomorrow now. Brilliant game so far!

Edited on by Tangerine

Tangerine

rallydefault

@NEStalgia
Hey, we still have our Halloween pumpkins on our front porch, slowly rotting away while the neighbors grumble about us behind our backs. So... there's that? lol

rallydefault

NEStalgia

@rallydefault You can just put the Christmas lights around the Halloween pumpkins and call it a job well done!

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

The final Shovel Knight expansions have a release date along with the amiibo and physical version for Switch/XB1, December 10th:

PS4 physical version is early 2020.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Feel like I’ve been waiting on the rest of Shovel Knight to wrap up and all it’s Amiibo for like, half a decade now.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, Super Monkey Ball, DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Outer Worlds, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

rallydefault

It took a looooooong time. I hope King of Cards is good! (Shovel Knight is seriously one of the greatest platformers of all time.)

rallydefault

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Christ, ANOTHER Shovel Knight campaign. I've been getting a new campaign every couple of years or so since 2014.

Guess I'll be busting out the ol' 3DS soon.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault for sure. Im so amped for this I may not even get AC rebel collection which i had on my day 1 buy list. I think they're releasing really close to eachother. I'll be going all in on release day for KoC and maybe dabble a little in showdown. But i agree 100%. It's top 3, maybe even #1 best action platformers ever. I kinda lump it into a different category than 2d Mario platformers since its just as heavily focused on combat as it is on platforming. ugh!!! I can't wait!!!

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

The new nintendo switch lite is cheaper than the old switch...🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

NintendoByNature

@Ninfan but the old Nintendo switch is the same price as the new Nintendo switch revision. Chew on that 😉

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Yea, I have Shovel Knight in my top 3 platformers. I did like the plague knight stuff, but I prefer the more straight-up platforming/action of the original Shovel Knight.

rallydefault

Ruthless4u

@ninfan

Keep in mind the switch lite does not have all the features the regular switch does.

Ruthless4u

Ninfan

Ruthless4u wrote:

@ninfan

Keep in mind the switch lite does not have all the features the regular switch does.

@Ruthless4u yeah the lite switch makes the original switch look brilliant...😵😵😵😵😵

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault I actually wasn't crazy about plague of shadows dlc.. But I LOVED spectre of torment and shovel of hope equally. I can't wait to see how KoC shapes up.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

The new nintendo switch lite is cheaper than the old switch...🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨

But you cannot connect Switch Lite to TV, unless if you have some magic.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

JaxonH

Switch already looked brilliant.

Only thing the Lite does is make the Lite look brilliant. It’s the pinnacle of handheld gaming. I might even go so far as to say it’s the perfect handheld. The magnetic flip case is what gives it that nudge it needed. Not being pocketable was a pretty big detriment to Switch if you’re talking about being a perfect handheld. The Lite solves the size issue and the flip case solves the “analogs protruding out” issue. Together they make an unstoppable pair.

Ordered Wargroove on Switch, had some wrinkle or small ripping on cover art along the spine. Something that’s been becoming more and more common. So I order another one and it has the same problem. I order another one and it has the same problem. Take all 3 back to BestBuy, figured I’d just cherry pick one at the store, and all 3 copies at the store also have the problem.

Like, are you serious? 0 for 6? So I returned my three and just made a new online order for another three. Bound to get a good one eventually... or so you’d think.

Whoever is producing their physical game cases and cover art has severe quality control issues. This is not limited to just this one game, this is something that’s happening across the board with over 50% of the Switch games I receive in the mail now. It’s gotten to the point I make weekly trips to Best Buy to return all the ones that accumulate for a return. The lady at customer service now knows me by name and we chat as friends every time I stop in. That’s how often I’m going in there due to this issue.

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this. I imagine people who don’t pay attention to the condition of the games they buy probably haven’t. But it’s becoming a pretty serious problem. But I always go out of my way to return them and get a good one. If I’m paying hard-earned money for a game I expect there to not be damage, even if it is just wrinkles and small tears along the spine. That’s the one part of the case that shows on the shelf and I don’t want brand new, day one purchased games looking like they dug out of a Goodwill basket.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, Super Monkey Ball, DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Outer Worlds, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

NotTelevision

I didn’t complete the Plague Knight DLC because I found the controls to be really strange. Anyone else have that problem?

NotTelevision

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic