Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,881 to 45,900 of 69,998

Grumblevolcano

I really hope the release of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition will mean a full soundtrack release like what happened with the base XC2 game and Torna.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Also, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is a great Switch release. A great fit for Switch (much better than Witcher 3, for example, which don’t get me wrong- it is amazing to have on handheld, but games like that are severely scaled down, whereas games like Thronebreaker are best played on Switch imo, and games like the motion bowling are a uniquely Nintendo experience).

I did notice a bit of framerate sluggishness in the overworld, but only for a few brief moments here and there... given the type of game it is it wasn’t really an issue. But after adjusting to 4K 60 on PC for over a week now, lower frame rate is starting to stand out to me a lot more. Definitely a 30fps game. In handheld mode you can’t really notice anything.

Looks good docked though. And in handheld. I don’t think I’ve ever played such a high quality card based adventure game. And I’m not talking about games like Baten Kaitos or Paper Mario that use cards in the battle system. I mean actual card based battles.

Most other games just do the card battles and that’s it. This game builds an entire adventure RPG around it. And even the battles themselves look phenomenal, as it takes place on a real battlefield with real 3D character models on screen. This is almost too perfect for handhelds. More of this, please.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano XC had a sound track, it's awesome and sitting on my shelf right now. But I don't know that it ever got a digital release.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Ralizah

Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl - Gold is going to be my big February purchase, I've decided. Game looks and sounds like a lot of fun!

Anyone else picking this up close to launch?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tyranexx

I've been keeping an eye on Snack World as it's a Level-5 property; I've liked a lot of their games that I've played. I'm not entirely convinced about it yet though. I'm hoping to read more reviews and impressions closer to its launch.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SuperSpaghetti

You both realize Metro Redux is coming out in February, right? Why not support triple-A instead of indie shovelware?

Future games collector

redd214

@SuperSpaghetti maybe just maybe, and I know this is a reach, but perhaps they just have different tastes than you

redd214

SuperSpaghetti

Anime game lovers don’t deserve taste.

Future games collector

Toy_Link

@SuperSpaghetti
Level 5 isn't what I'd consider an "indie" company, especially with how big some of their multimedia franchises are.

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

NintendoByNature

redd214 wrote:

@SuperSpaghetti maybe just maybe, and I know this is a reach, but perhaps they just have different tastes than you

exactly...and isn't level-5 a pretty big developer, Not an indie?

NintendoByNature

redd214

@SuperSpaghetti I'm not a fan of anime at all but seems juvenile and foolish to tell someone what they should and shouldn't like

redd214

SuperSpaghetti

They make a lot of anime and shovelware so I’d say they’re indie. Indie is mostly shovelware.

Future games collector

Magician

SuperSpaghetti wrote:

You both realize Metro Redux is coming out in February, right? Why not support triple-A instead of indie shovelware?

Blasphemy.

A Level-5 developed game is not shovelware.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

darkfenrir

I swear where's the mod? This guy is clearly malicious :v

darkfenrir

Tyranexx

SuperSpaghetti wrote:

Anime game lovers don’t deserve taste.

It's like different people have different preferences when it comes to media, including games. This is CLEARLY a travesty. We must initialize all Sameness based off of one person's ideals at once!

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Toy_Link

@SuperSpaghetti
If anime games make you indie, Bandai Namco, a company that makes tens of millions of dollars every year, must also be indie because they make anime games too.

I guess that would also makes Nintendo an indie company too since they make Fire Emblem. LOL

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Octane

Alright, I've seen enough.

Octane

redd214

@Octane you're doing great, thank you I know it's a lot but we appreciate you!!

redd214

Ryu_Niiyama

Ralizah wrote:

Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl - Gold is going to be my big February purchase, I've decided. Game looks and sounds like a lot of fun!

Anyone else picking this up close to launch?

I may break my embargo to buy it. I loved the japanese demo, so I know I want it...but my budget hng!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic