Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,241 to 17,260 of 70,011

Paraka

@UmniKnight - Direct competition for Nintendo would offer them to the "Power Pissing Race," something third parties want simply because it maximizes THEIR return. Make a game, hit the lowest common denominator, drag the version across and call it good. In the end, Nintendo would lose the pissing contest, and in turn, potentially themselves in the end. The one who releases first, finishes first. But let's not get started on how this practice can essentially doom the industry as a whole.

So Nintendo attempting their own image is actually what is setting themselves apart enough for people to notice the Switch. So this practice is obviously serving them better.

As for Worlds; I think people are too eager to assume how Worlds is going to pan out. Mind you, the major market for Capcom's MH series is in Japan. And looking at how the market responded in comparison to the two announcements the Switch version of XX got both Nintendo and Capcom stock to experience huge spikes. However, Worlds didn't even move MS nor Sony's. The Lion's Share of the market has spoken they want it portable, and Worlds may not make as big a splash as people are predicting. The biggest sales of it will be on PC, and will pale in comparison to Switch's XX.

I will wager Switch XX will be a bit more supported (IE: DLC of various promotions) than Worlds in the long run. Both will essentially be successes.

That goes without saying that Capcom will not learn from developing Worlds. In fact, I believe Switch's initial XX release is merely capitalizing on the momentum with minimal effort, but also bridge the 3DS market to the Switch, establishing a market before they can get something more... Solid on the platform. And whatever Cappy learns from Worlds the first go around we will see reach Switch in full. Be is Worlds Ultimate, Worlds 2 or something spiritually different, it will more than likely reach Switch.

Paraka

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
I don't think anyone is "happy" seeing a good game go to another system that's not theirs, but with Nintendo there are so many hundreds of games that don't go to their system this is just another drop in the bucket for them.

If they were that bothered by it they would've saw to it that they secured exclusivity to keep the franchise on their system. But just because the last couple games released on Nintendo doesn't suddenly mean it's theirs. So I can't imagine them being too upset. Especially when they'll likely get the next one

Besides, it's not like Nintendo's handhelds don't sell on their own. They don't need any other person's game for their systems to sell

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@Paraka "And whatever Cappy learns from Worlds the first go around we will see reach Switch in full. Be is Worlds Ultimate, Worlds 2 or something spiritually different, it will more than likely reach Switch." You'll have to forgive me that after being more than 100% convinced of XX reaching our shores, I won't be taking anything Capcom's for granted, until it's so very much confirmed, that going back on it will tarnish their reputation irrevocably.

When it comes to World, I think it has the potential to do great, but it can also fail to succeed in it's goal, that being get more Western people onboard with the franchise, entirely. It'll be a an interesting game to watch (and give a shot) as one who enjoys MH, that's for sure.

MFD

Paraka

@UmniKnight - Well, look at the previous actions with MH and Capcom with localisations. Almost always have had the "Ultimate" version of the game shipped overseas except for Tri. Even then, the localizing and the news of it, were always given at last-minute news drops from Capcom.

So, if we're to actually see XX Switch (as opposed to the tradition of Capcom "Ultra-ing" their installments, but that's pretty much Switch ver. already), we'd literally hear about it a couple months prior to it releasing. Cause literally every game localized by Capcom since hitting Nintendo followed that pattern thus far.

So to be honest, I'd be more surprised that it wouldn't come. But we won't hear squat about it til even after it releases fully in Japan.

That said, even without the localization, Japan's market is pretty much the deciding factor of how the future of the MH series is dictated. And as we all can see, as of now, the market wants it portable, it wants it accessible, and it wants it anywhere. Though World may be enticing, Switch will see continued focus further on. Whether or not we see XX first before another on the western side is more the debate than -IF- we're getting more Switch MH games.

Paraka

gcunit

Vee_Flames wrote:

And Sonic Forces launches with a great price as well. If it reviews well for Switch

Yeh, don't hold your breath, not if the previews have been anything to go by.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MFD

@Paraka And that's a rather big if imho. But eh, screw Capcom, there will hopefully be other online co-op games with as much longevity as Monster Hunter in the future, that do grace the Switch. That is, as soon as developers realize that it'll probably have the liveliest online community with the least downtime due to portability.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Spoony_Tech

I just need to know a price. Won't pay more then 50$ for the 128gb.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Octane We all know people will buy them because they say specifically for the Switch and that's where they get you on price. I see these being 30$ and 70$ respectively

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

FX102A

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Hmm Sandisk are one of my two favourite memory card brands (the other being Lexar) but I'll wait and see what they are priced at; plus if they'll still have non Switch branded Sandisk cards.

Not that I need one yet as I've still got 15GB-20GB of the internal memory to spare.

FX102A

Samus7Killer

Ive yet to need a card yet. Ill go as long as i can for Switch lifetime before buying memory. I buy physical games. When time comes ill buy a 64GB card at most. Switch games don't require that much memory.

Samus7Killer

SLIGEACH_EIRE

NINTENDO SWITCH GAMES MAY REQUIRE MEMORY CARDS TO EXPERIENCE ALL CONTENT
Portions of games will still be available without a microSD card.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/09/01/some-nintendo-switch-ga...

I said it before and I'll say it again, it was a stupid decision to limit the internal memory to a miserly paltry 32GB's.....it wasn't enough for Wii U so it was never going to be enough for Switch. They've passed the buck on to the consumer and it's going to cause headaches.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

TuVictus

Well, easier to pass the cost onto the consumer than pay more for higher capacity game cards

TuVictus

Luna_110

I'm happy to see that Golf story is coming on September.... I missed that kind of game so much. If VC comes, I would re download Mario Golf Advance Tour in a heartbeat.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Here's the thing.

For it to require a memory card implies the following, as games dont install like on other systems;

1: Either the developer doesnt want to use a costlier, larger 32gb cart

Or 2: The game uses a 32gb card, and in addition to that, the remaining 25gb on the system memory is also not enough in addition to that, as they specifically say an SD card is needed.

Which means these games are over 57GB in size, to mandate a huge cart and the necessity of an SD over internal storage.

And that raises a lot of other questions about these games.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic