Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,441 to 4,460 of 4,507

tekoii

@mr_somewhere Sora is easily a new extra main. Got him to Elite Smash after losing it droppin my GSP for him to 6m, but i brought it back up to 9.6m. I love his playstyle, feels like a strange mix of Ness / Lucas and a Fire Emblem character. The floaty-ness and incredible recovery helps with mix-ups. Using his magic to buffer in the air for a sec also helps with them mix-ups. He's a lot of fun to combo with, heck I got a few awesome kills I should try to upload to my channel lol. Strangely, the one thing I don't like about him is his counter. I think it would have been more fun with a cooler attack as opposed to a lame old counter.

Yea, I too think his learning curve is definitely lesser than some of the more complicated characters. He definitely echoes that classic Smash fighter design though. It is odd that there are no more Smash fighters to be revealed, it feels like the excitement around the game isn't the same, as much as I love this series.

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

mr_somewhere

@tekoii The excitement is has definitely left the game a bit. There's no longer that potential, but at least more people are finally going to appreciate the game for what it is. Unless the next instalment is an updated port I cannot imagine how we could ever get something like this again.

The counter was a lame choice, I haven't played Kingdom Hearts in a long time, I played 2 back when that was out but I'm sure they could have done something else, still, it is a damn good counter, at least. It takes some adjusting but it's really fun how deep you can go with him. You can really just jump out there and catch people.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Grumblevolcano

No more new events from next week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FroZtedFlake

Aw that stinks, I never really participated but they were cool and it kept the game "alive" in some sense

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

mr_somewhere

I'm really surprised. I thought events and spirits would keep going for a few months. I take it it's unlikely we're getting any further patches too.

PikaPhantom

They'll at least update the game to support future amiibo, and I doubt they're done with balance patches. Smash 4 had one more after its final DLC characters released, at least.

PikaPhantom

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano If pikachu doesn't get nerfed!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

mr_somewhere

Last chance for some actually noteworthy Ridley buffs. If Pikachu gets through this without a nerf I will laugh (weep). I think, regardless, there's a good chance this'll be a fairly sizeable patch, they'd hardly leave the last patch without making some noteworthy changes.

Snatcher

@mr_somewhere I know a few characters that need tweaking, Kirby Cough.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

WaterKirby_64

Does anyone here play or main Sora? I am asking this because everyone wanted Sora, but I hardly see anyone even the pro players, play/main Sora in Smash Ultimate

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

WaterKirby_64

Plus we are reaching the 1-year anniversary of Kazuya's Smash reveal

WaterKirby_64

WaterKirby_64

Kazuya Mishima, aka The Made Man

WaterKirby_64

Snatcher

@WaterKirby1964 I haven’t played in a wile but the thing about sora is how easy he is to play, and gets so much reward for doing so, so it’s not like he isn’t good, but it might be hate? And no one wants to be an outcast, I’m not really sure because there not really bad per say.

Tho I see a lot more sora players then banjo players.

Banjo was another character who was really wanted but his move set is kinda meh.

Edited on by Snatcher

WaterKirby_64

@Snatcher Oh, I see. Speaking of Banjo & Kazooie players, even if not many, at least there are some people, myself included, that do play Banjo & Kazooie in Smash. That's why Banjo & Kazooie is one of my 3 Smash mains, along with Kazuya and Sephiroth

WaterKirby_64

Snatcher

@WaterKirby1964 I love banjo as well, I’m able to use him okish, I feel like banjo has to put waaay to much work in to get a kill, and I know that sounds funny seeing as he has wonder wing, but no one wants to just sit there using that move, plus it’s easy to counter anyway.

You play seph too? I love his long sword, makes for great edge guarding.

Fizza

@WaterKirby1964 I play Sora every so often. His floatiness is both a blessing and a curse: when you're in the groove and smacking your opponent around, those jumps are absolutely heavenly. When you're the one getting smacked however, having such a predictable jump arc can be disastrous (basically the same pros and cons of Mewtwo/Yoshi now that I think about it). Still a big fan of him though, Forward-Air especially is so satisfying to fully land.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WaterKirby_64

@Snatcher Yes. That's right. Even though I'm more of an FFX fan, Sephiroth is my favorite FFVII character and I am a huge fan of him

WaterKirby_64

Snatcher

@Fizza Agree with you 100%

WaterKirby_64

@Fizza Hmm. Very interesting

WaterKirby_64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic