Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 4,508

Snatcher

@octokid Hey i'm not saying you don't need skill, bc you do no doubt, there just really, well, stupid LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Randomname19

When i watched Sora's trailer,i found really weird that a teenager was much lighter thant Isabelle,a tiny dog.Then earlier i realized why that might be.Sora came out of a keyhole while all other characters were trophies.That might mean he's the real sora,not a figure.He's made of flesh and blood,so of course a living trophy is heavier than him.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

tekoii

Yea, I main Pyra/Mythra and I can say they are a bit too strong. I'd say maybe reduce the knock back on Prominence Revolt but keep it still as a kill move.
But I do agree with @mr_somewhere , there are ways to play against them and there are characters that outright counter them (usually quick fighters or strong ranged fighters).

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

RR529

12. Steve - Minecraft just isn't in my interest zone. I understand the inclusion though.
11. Kazuya - Never played Tekken, though again understand it's significance (I'd have preferred a SoulCalibur or Tales rep, though).
10. Byleth - Fine I suppose, just burnt myself out on FE during the 3DS era, so I haven't played Three Houses yet.
9. Min Min - Again, not a game I'm personally interested in, but she seems pretty unique and a more inspiring pick than Spring Man.
8. Joker - Pretty cool, though I haven't played a Persona game so the hype really wasn't there for me. I'm sure he'd be much higher if I had gotten into the series though.
7. Piranha Plant - These quirky Nintendo picks are always fun. Not a super hype pick though.
6. Banjo Kazooie - Exciting because of the "miracle" status & they're something a bit different. Never played the games though (I'm starting to notice a trend, lol).
5. Terry Bogard - I've had some fun with the KoF games & he was a bit of a surprising pick, so I am pretty happy with him.

Getting to the big ones now...

4. Hero - Dragon Quest itself is just super deserving of rep, and I'm a pretty big fan of the games I've played (and 3 of the 4 Hero's skins happen to be from entries I've played).
3. Sephiroth - You just know things are about to get down whenever "One Winged Angel" starts playing. He's absolute hype distilled.
2. Pyra/Mythra - I've gotten into the Xenoblade games in a huge way in the past few years, and it all started with XC2 for me... and hey, the "waifu" aspect doesn't hurt, lol.
1. Sora - A childhood fantasy come true. Nothing more needs to be said.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Snatcher

My My head cannon for sora is during his almost year sleep, he was in smash bros during that time, look it up, its to perfect, and now smash is cannon to smash LMAO

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Randomname19 Well ya, I to think its the legit sora.

Grumblevolcano

My rankings would be:
1. Pyra/Mythra
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Byleth
4. Sephiroth
5. Hero
6. Min Min
7. Piranha Plant
8. Sora
9. Joker
10. Kazuya
11. Terry
12. Steve

Sora and Joker would've been higher had the KH games and Persona 5 came to Switch natively instead of cloud versions in the former and not at all in the latter.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

mr_somewhere

Hype is not really something that's ever hit me that hard. I was losing my mind over Ridley, who I've wanted in since the intro cinematic for Melee and the Belmont lads too as I've been a fan of Castlevania and Metroid for almost as long as I can remember. I was happy with a lot of DLC picks but hype didn't really factor in for me, here's how I'd rate the characters based on how fun they are to play instead:

Byleth
Sephiroth
Hero
Joker
Pyra/Mythra
Plant
Steve
Terry (I really want to like Terry but I just can't play fighting game characters in Smash)
Min Min
Banjo
Kazuya

I have fun with everybody up to Steve and there's a huge gap in enjoyment after that.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

kkslider5552000

I can't rank them but I know the one I was most hyped for was Banjo and the one I most enjoy playing is probably Terry.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Atomic77

I don't really know that much about Sora all though I did play a kingdom hearts game on the DS a long time ago. I think Sora is going to be awesome.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

MarioVillager92

Huh...I just tried updating my game and the Sora update doesn't seem to be live just yet.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

The UK version of the Sora stream says release date of October 19th so release will be in around 7 hours from now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

@Grumblevolcano I'm in the US. Nintendo Life's article says the update should get here from 12 am to 8 am CEST, I used a time converter online and in my time zone (EDT), it's 6 pm to 2 am. So you're not far off.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Joeynator3000

New characters in general...

King K. Rool and Ridley are up there on top, with Ridley being #1 because I actually play as him, followed by Dark Samus (even though she's an echo, but whatever, shut up, she's still new, lol). Isabelle I hate, but without her the Infinite Assist Trophy wouldn't have existed so she's up there just for that. lol Everyone else is whatever.

For the DLC, you know very well that freakin' Piranha Plant is up there on top, I don't care what you guys say, but his reveal cracked me up. Not only that but I do play as him sometimes and he's not that bad...Banjo & Kazooie I was hoping for but I haven't actually messed with him myself, but compared to most of the other DLC characters I liked seeing him get in. Steve...eh, at least his trailer was funny. Terry...his Final Smash sounds catchy in-game? Look, I'm not a fighting game fan, so...yeah.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

GO GO!

jump

Sora is okay so far but doubt I will play with them after doing the solo mode. I don't really feel they are a great or bad addition to the roster.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MajinSoul

I'm not a fan of how "floaty" (for the lack of a better term) Sora feels. I probably won't stick with him unfortunately. I quite enjoy the music and stages though. Also, the Roxas spirit fight was surprisingly difficult for me.

Edited on by MajinSoul

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

Snatcher

Thats what I can't wait to see, how will pro players handle soras floatyness? VS characters like peach and pikachu.

SKTTR

I'm very happy with both Fighters Passes.

Let's rate the newcomers.

Joker from Persona 5
First Nintendo game: Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei (NES, 1987)
Alts: 2 (Phantom Thief, Student)
New Stages: Mementos (3 variations)
New Music Tracks: 11 (00h:30m:44s)
New Spirits: 13

Hero from Dragon Quest
First Nintendo game: Dragon Quest (NES, 1986)
Alts: 4 (DQ XI S, DQ III, DQ IV, DQ VIII)
New Stages: Yggdrasil's Altar
New Music Tracks: 8 (00:14:11)

Banjo and Kazooie
First Nintendo game: Banjo-Kazooie (N64, 1998)
Alts: 1
New Stages: Spiral Mountain
New Music Tracks: 10 (00:24:14)
New Spirits: 9

Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury
First Nintendo game: Fatal Fury: King of Fighters (SNES, 1992)
New Stages: King of Fighters Stadium
New Music Tracks: 50 (01:48:26)
New Spirits: 12

Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses
First Nintendo game: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (NES, 1990)
Alts: 2 (Male, Female)
New Stages: Garreg Mach Monastery
New Music Tracks: ?
New Spirits: 14

Min Min from ARMS
First Nintendo game: ARMS (Switch, 2017)
New Stages: Spring Stadium
New Music Tracks: 18 (00:29:29)
New Spirits: 7

Steve & Alex from Minecraft
First Nintendo game: Minecraft - Wii U Edition (Wii U, 2015)
Alts: 4 (Steve, Alex, Zombie, Enderman)
New Stages: Minecraft World (6 variations)
New Music Tracks: 7 (00:18:51)
New Spirits: 11

Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII
First Nintendo game: Final Fantasy (NES, 1987)
Alts: 2 (FF VII, Advent Children)
New Stages: Northern Cave
New Spirits: 14

Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2
First Nintendo game: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii, 2010)
New Stages: Cloud Sea of Alrest
New Spirits: 8

Kazuya Mishima from Tekken
First Nintendo game: Tekken Advance (GBA, 2001)
Alts: 2 (Normal, Coat)
New Stages: Mishima Dojo
New Music Tracks: 39 (01:32:19)

Sora from Kingdom Hearts
First Nintendo game: Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA, 2004)
Alts: 5 (KH, KH II, KH 3D, KH III, Timeless River)
New Stages: Hollow Bastion
New Music Tracks: 9 (00:14:43)

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

mr_somewhere

How are people finding Sora?

It took me a while to adjust, based on initial impressions I didn't think I was going to like his playstyle but I've really warmed up to him. He has a bit of a learning curve but after that he feels quite accessible. There's much less of a learning curve to him than Hero or Joker I would say. He feels like more of a classic design with somewhat fewer gimmicks, which I think is the perfect way to round things off.

I don't like him enough to make him a regular but he's definitely going to be a pocket I use now and then for fun. It's so strange now that it's done. Sakurai really needs a long, long holiday after all this!

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic