Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,161 to 4,180 of 4,508

link3710

@Northwind Hilariously, B-K are probably my favorites to play as from the expansion passes. They've got just enough unique tech to feel fun, without being gimmicky (looking at you in particular, Hero).

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

My favorite is probably still Joker and it's not even just because I'm a Persona fan. He's actually a lot of fun to play as a set up character and Arsene I feel is the most satisfying and rewarding comeback mechanic in the game

I also really like Terry but I just can't do regular fighting game inputs on an analog stick. This is a case where I actually wish movement was mapped to the d-pad for stuff like performing the Super Special moves

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@DarthNocturnal Oh god I can't imagine how Kazuya's inputs will work given he's from a 3D fighting game

They might derive more from SFxT to make those work since that game had Tekken characters fighting in the style and engine of Street Fighter IV

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

So Nintendo Europe tweeted that Update 12.0 is imminent, reminding everyone to back up their replays like usual

I'm calling Kazuya shadowdropping after the presentation on Monday.

TheFrenchiestFry

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry Ya I'm pretty sure there going to drop it on ether after or on the day of the presentation.

And did we just forget about the Mii's cuz I sure did LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

TheFrenchiestFry

@Snatcher I think a definite Mii costume reveal will by Lloyd from Tales. Namco character, and the only Mii costume to my knowledge they haven't brought back from Smash 4. Definitely some new Tekken costumes as well. Definitely expecting Jin Kazama, and maybe some other choices like King, Lars, Xiaoyu and a SoulCalibur character like Yoshimitsu

TheFrenchiestFry

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry Yep I see tekken skins happening, As for a 3rd party mii skin? I want a another indie character, and I see Lloyd happening.

Hey they have yet to say there will be no new fighters at the presentation, I know they say it much later but there is still a chance!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Grumblevolcano

@Snatcher Already confirmed about no new fighter announcements.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

mr_somewhere

I'm imagining they are saving the last for a direct late August or mid September that will go over more detail for what they have lined up for the Holiday releases.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano Well damn it, couldn't let me dream could you, had to post the twitter post and everything.

Well at least we have the mii costumes to look forward to. (Or not)

TheFrenchiestFry

Man that Mii costume roundup was a freaking BLOODBATH of deconfirmations

TheFrenchiestFry

Randomname19

Was hoping for a Monika Mii fighter,but i'm still really happy about the Shantae one.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Grumblevolcano

I initially thought it was odd Fallout and Skyrim happened but not DOOM but then it came to mind that Capcom had Mii outfits in 2 consecutive waves (Monster Hunter Mii outfits with Pyra/Mythra, Dante Mii outfit with Kazuya) so I'd guess there'll be DOOM Mii outfit(s) with the next fighter.

My guesses are:

• Fighter - Crash Bandicoot (sticking with this prediction)
  • Mii Outfits - Doomguy, Master Chief, Sora, Ryu Hayabusa, the knight from Hollow Knight (with a music track), Jonesy

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blooper987

I’m just sad cause Ace Attorney is the only big Capcom franchise with absolutely no representation in smash still😭

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Dogorilla

@Blooper987 What do you mean? Phoenix is right there Untitled

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry IKR, It sucks I had to read about it, I Sleep't past 7, damn.

kkslider5552000

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

Man that Mii costume roundup was a freaking BLOODBATH of deconfirmations

I was thinking that. Outside of Sora and Crash, they deconfirmed all the big 3rd party characters left I kept hearing people wanted.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

link3710

@kkslider5552000 Doomslayer, Rabbids, Rayman, Ryu Hayubusa, Eggman, Spyro are also ones I've heard a lot. Also heard theorizing on the SMT V protag, but that's more a guess than a wishlist.

I've heard a few Bandai-Namco characters too (Agumon, Nightmare/Sigfried, KOS-MOS), but we probably won't get another rep from them in this pass. Same with Square-Enix (Lara Croft, Sora, Neku) and Microsoft (Master Chief). Bethesda is exempt since they were still a different company when the pass was being negotiated.

On another note, the Lloyd Irving costume arriving means every single character costume from Smash 4 has now returned I believe.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic