Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,141 to 4,160 of 4,508

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry Tekken has mostly skipped Nintendo systems so it kind of makes sense. Tekken Advance (GBA), Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 (Wii U) and Tekken 3D (3DS) are the only Nintendo system appearances. Kazuya is pretty much a Sony character like Cloud, Joker and Sephiroth.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

https://store.steampowered.com/app/389730/TEKKEN_7/

If anyone here is interested in why exactly Kazuya has an obsession with throwing people off cliffs, Tekken 7 is currently about $6 on Steam for the standard edition, and around $25 for the Ultimate Edition

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry I haven't played tekken 7 in a year, So I can't remember why LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

TheFrenchiestFry

@DarthNocturnal the only character from games on platforms I don't own so far has been Banjo-Kazooie, which is also why he just flew under the radar for me compared to all the other DLC choices in addition to not really growing up on Rare games or anything

Ironically enough Joker is the reason I decided to buy the Fighters Pass early funnily enough

TheFrenchiestFry

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry Really? I find it kind of hard to miss tekken, I heard about it bc no body would shut up about it, then I played it. liked it, but never learn'd.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Marioman2020 Ye wile I agree we have no shooters in smash, tekken is legendary and I have TBH I wanted him over MKB.

jedgamesguy

@Northwind It may well be true for all we know. Wonder if they'll reveal a new game while they're at it...

... no, scratch that. It could be someone from Advance Wars to celebrate the series' revival on Switch. So that label would change to "Intelligent Systems".

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

Now don't think just bc I was getting int rhythm games i'm saying this, I have been saying for quite a wile now that rhythm haven needs to be on the switch, its the first rhythm game I liked for real, and In smash we have Side scroller's, RPG's, Crafting, open world, you name it, But were the heck on the rhythm games in smash? We even got Wii fit trainer for crying out loud! and I know we don't have shooters to, (And don't say wii fit trainer counts bc of wii rhythm boxing) So I say the next character is going to be, Another 3rd party villain or hero, First party hero, Shooter, or rhythm game.

Blooper987

@Snatcher Both Rhythm Games and Visual Novels have almost no representation in smash yet. Don't know why cause both genres are extremely popular in Japan and it's not like there aren't any characters that would work well.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Snatcher

@Blooper987 I agree. for a visual novel, who do you think they should add, there's not many I play.

Blooper987

@Snatcher Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney is the obvious choice

But, Steins Gate, Danganronpa, Zero Escape, and Professor Layton are also pretty popular.
If they go with a WTF character a CLANNAD rep would be super weird but awesome (;

Best choices would probably be phoenix wright, layton, or a situation like Hero but with the Danganronpa protags

Edited on by Blooper987

Snatcher

@Blooper987 True.

TheFrenchiestFry

Eh for a Capcom rep I love Phoenix but Dante is the one I honestly want way more, especially given both his music/stage choices and the idea of him and Bayonetta being in the same game

TheFrenchiestFry

Blooper987

Just thought of this.

Both Minmin and Pyra were in games released too late to be represented in Smash in the starting roster. Sakurai had mentioned how he wanted characters from both ARMS and Xenoblade 2, but it was too late.

Sephiroth is speculated having been chosen to add more FF7 content into smash and to allow Sakurai a better chance to reperesent the series.

Steve was supposedly in talks to get added to smash during the Smash 4 days.

Heihachi was stated by Sakurai to have been considered at one point for smash.

It seems that the second fighters pass has been mostly Sakurai adding more characters he either was going to add or had plans fall through for previously. This could mean the last character will be another one who was talked about at one point. Ayumi and the Chorus Kids come to mind.

kkslider5552000

I do hope its a big one to end things off. Just because that would be cool.

But again, everything after Banjo has been a bonus for me, so I don't personally care all that much. If they're fun to play and come with good music, that's enough.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

@Blooper987 Please I need a visual novel or a rhythm game.

TheFrenchiestFry

I still firmly believe in a Bethesda character joining honestly

Especially as a big "one last wtf" kind of pick like Bayonetta was for Smash 4, rounding things out with something big like DOOM or Elder Scrolls joining Smash as the first wholly original Western franchise that's not affiliated entirely with Nintendo would be huge. They've clearly talked about it considering the Vault Boy Mii costume that came out with Min Min

That or a new Capcom rep

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

I'm still going with Crash Bandicoot as my prediction for the final character. 25th anniversary is in September which is when I think the character would be announced and released. Crash would be a big end to the pass as well (one of the massive gaming icons of the 90s not yet in Smash).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

TheJGG wrote:

It could be someone from Advance Wars to celebrate the series' revival on Switch.

I somehow hadn't thought of that but it actually seems very likely now you mention it. Maybe not the most well known character to end on but it would make sense from a marketing standpoint and it would make Advance Wars fans happy.

My other potential predictions for the last character:

• Crash Bandicoot
  • Dr Eggman
  • A Zelda character (Impa? Urbosa? Kass? I can't think of many big names that aren't already assist trophies but Zelda is sorely underrepresented in terms of fighters)
  • An EMMI robot from Metroid Dread

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

TheFrenchiestFry

I personally think that people should've picked up a long time ago these character choices say for very specific circumstances aren't selected to tie into any games in development. It's a complete toss up as to who gets picked and for what reasons

The only blatant promo tie in to a Smash character so far was Hero for the then upcoming Switch version of DQXI. An argument could be made for Joker releasing around the time Persona 5 Royal and Strikers were announced for Japan or Byleth tying into the expansion pass for Three Houses, but none of the other characters were as blatant of marketing gimmicks compared to Hero despite how logical a Dragon Quest rep is in a game like this

Hell Kazuya's another example. Tekken hasn't even been on a Nintendo platform since the non-canon Tag Tournament 2 on the Wii U. Tekken 7 sure isn't to be found anywhere on anything with Nintendo in the name as of late, but he both reps the co-developer of the current Smash games, and comes from a highly regarded fighting game franchise much like Ryu, Ken and Terry do. I'm sure whoever this next character is isn't going to be related to any potential games coming out Switch or not

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic