Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 4,508

BrainOfGrimlock

@HobbitGamer Ha, I wish I had alternates like Lucario - I seem to only be coming across champions like the Wii Fit Trainer so far!

Glad it’s not just me with the stupid bus thing - I’m not really one for frustration, pad throwing or tantrums but holy heck, if the window had been open the switch may have gone on a little adventure! First fight that’s really caused me problems, sure it won’t be the last!

BrainOfGrimlock

Fowlersrs

How annoying is the Waluigi move where he eats you... ahhh I could scream last night someone was spamming it hard online.

I like Kirby, Bowser, browsers a bit hard to recover if you go over the edge. I'm keen to try Coud, seems popular online... Krool also..

Fowlersrs

Paraka

@Fowlersrs - If you go to "Games & More" there is a mode where you can unlock the fighters that you failed to beat the first time around. It's a mode in the bottom corner that comes and goes, had to spam it to finally unlock Dark Pit.

Paraka

HobbitGamer

I need help, or confirmation the thing is gone. Anyone found the My Music option for the overall menus? I found it for stages, and making battle playlists, but not the menu proper akin to the feature in 4

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@HobbitGamer The Sounds section of Vault, small option on the bottom left corner.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@HobbitGamer You unlock the ability to change the menu music after World of Light.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

AndyD

So I picked up one of the wireless gamecube controllers. It has been years since I used one, but once I got used to it, I found myself on normal mode doing exceptionally well with WoL battles. I had forgotten how easy it is to perform the moves with the GC controller.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

HobbitGamer

@EvilLucario Thanks!! Now I won’t worry about it awhile. Is it odd I’m partial to the Wii eShop music 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Beedrill4Smash

I'm going to have to be that guy and say my main is Random. There are so many characters I enjoy playing as, it would be faster to list the ones I dislike playing as instead. That said, there is one who stands out to me...

Richter would be my main if I was forced to pick a single character. I love every one of his projectiles, all of which can make Richter hard to even reach in certain match ups. Cloud showed how good a sliding down tilt can be, and Richter is only better by having a second attack. If I ever have some trouble getting a kill move to land, I find myself being able rely on his forward throw which can kill at decent percents. The only thing I can complain about Richter is his admittedly poor recovery range. And unlike a certain Belmont, Richter doesn't look like Conan the Barbarian.

Beedrill4Smash

bixente

I started playing earlier today, Mario is my guy. I'm almost a total beginner. I played a little of the original N64 game, but that's all. Naturally I'm struggling but still having fun with it. Mario's uppercut is a fantastic move.

The game looks absolutely gorgeous. Better than I expected, really.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

link3710

@AlternateButtons Well, I finally finished playing through Classic the last few times to unlock the final characters. My total losses to character unlocks were 3:
1. Died to the summoning thing on the FF stage that showed up. Had no idea that was a thing (didn't get the Smash 4 DLC)
2. Accidentally started with Inciniroar after never having played him (exiting from WoL after changing character) and dived off the edge with his up B.
3. Actually got beat up by Wolf as one of my normal characters.

But yeah, I didn't find them that hard? They were actually challenging occasionally at least, I didn't feel like it was instant wins for unlocks like usual. I unlocked about 10-20 through WoL near the start before I took a break there, got the final ~20 in a row through Classic mode (going off of how many little shield things I have on that page). Unlocked the middle set through mostly Spirit Board + normal brawls + Mob Smash.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Here's some NG+ info for those wanting to try it out:

• Seems identical to the base WoL but you have access to all the fighters, adventure skills and activities you had before you started NG+.
  • You can save your NG+ file in a separate slot (you don't have to overwrite your old file).
  • Think of NG+ as a way to get the all Adventure Skills challenge completed if you don't want to use a hammer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

...Okay yeah, I really hope Sakurai fixes this, I had like...a super long 4 vs. 4 fight, one of my chaotic battles and all that. Pit decided to target me with final smash...EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I was constantly running out of my last life towards the end because he kept going after me no matter what. What's the deal with the CPUs and reticule Final Smashes? Zero Suit Samus is the same way and so is Bowser, makes me not want to fight against them with Finals because of this. Puts me in a crappy mood, they were only level 4s, too.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Quarth

Young Link just joined my roster. Seems to be a great character to use, at least for me.

And Pikachu is truly great in this game. And I think Ness and Lucas are pretty great too.

But I’m far from unlocking all the characters. Just missed out on the Wii Fit Trainer.

Oh! And I like Bowser!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Paraka

So enjoying Spirit Board more than I do WoL, it's basically a Pick-n-choose your challenges. And read up on that "event" for getting extra gold for fighting spirits with glasses on, got me thinking.

Do you think they'll hold events similar to this to add more spirits? Seems like an open-ended system that there isn't much of an effort to make more for the sake of having some more single player content to do in the midst of things.

Paraka

MysticGengar

Thanks for all yoru answers guys! Food to here most of you have settled down with some awesome mains.

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

TuVictus

That was an extremely irritating fight. I'm almost certain one of my spirits were Assist Killer and I butt smashed it once with bowser to get rid of it. After that it was still annoying, but not nearly as much

TuVictus

bixente

I think you can only have tracks play on courses that strictly relate to the series in question. So Guile's theme could only be played on the Street Fighter themed stage.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

EvilLucario

@subpopz Damn, I had way more trouble with Dr. Wily than 9-Volt. I had to come back with better Spirits for him since I didn't think to use Ness/Lucas, while 9-Volt went down when I already had the right Spirits to kill Sheriff instantly.

In fact 9-Volt being one of the "harder ones" surprised me because I took him down fairly easily.

@bixente The joke is that Guile's theme goes with everything. The guy wasn't being serious.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic