Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 4,508

Joeynator3000

Has anyone tried to see if this game has a Black Hole glitch yet? I miss those, they were fun. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

link3710

@subpopz Hilariously, one of the best spirits to use against the Sheriff is the Sheriff. Luckily, there are a few other spirits with the same ability. But yeah, I struggled way more against Wily, he's one of only two Spirits I came back to clear later (the other being Geno... who is still uncleared)

link3710

Cynas

AlternateButtons wrote:

I dont want to jinx anything but SO FAR the only Spirit battle to give me a headache was Pauline. That one was awful. Wily was also pretty annoying but Fox can cheese Stamina battles pretty well. Other than that? I haven't been having much trouble with World of Light. I just uncovered the second half portions of the map (The areas after you get rid of the Light shield and cross the bridge.) Here's hoping my good luck continues!

That Pauline battle was so frustrating. Trying to catch up with Peach on that stage while also dealing with Mario and DK within the time limit was annoying. I got lucky on one of my attempts where Peach somehow killed herself.

I've done about 300 of the spirit battles in World of Light and so far the only other one I had troubles with was the Funky Kong fight. The enemies could aim the Bullet Bills perfectly and I never had the opportunity to dodge or get a Bullet Bill of my own because of it being 3 vs 1. Managed to beat it but it was a huge pain.

I do loathe going into fights that have the Galaga or Beetle items, though. I haven't had too hard of a time with them so far but that might change with later fights.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

link3710

@Cynas I totally cheesed the Funky Kong fight by equipping a Franklin Badge Spirit (Anna I think) and... well you can imagine how fast they died.

@subpopz Pffft well, poor timing I guess? But hey, at least you beat it.

link3710

HobbitGamer

Yeah, I haven’t passed that Pauline one yet haha. I’m still having so much fun. I like just popping into the spirit board, too.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

Agreed, Pauline was a load of crap. That wasn't really a fun battle at all.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Nintendo finally heard our cries. They finally patched quick play. I hope they keep fixing it in future patches.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Cynas

@link3710 Really wish I had that when I fought them! I probably should have left to get better Spirits but once I start one of the battles I feel the need to finish it.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

EvilLucario

They're nerfing CPU challengers :^[

Probably a good thing overall though. Newcomers need their characters somehow, and World of Light takes a LOT of time to get through and still can be pretty challenging, even on Easy for newbies.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons Holy **** that video was hilarious! Pauline was a real mean one to get.

Manah

It's been a week and the store still only tells me they're "working on it", which I'm pretty sure means "we didn't have enough copies and skipped you but we won't tell you you're not going to get it". By the time I cave and buy the regular edition, the game is probably fully patched.

HobbitGamer

@AlternateButtons That was just what I needed to start my day! Hiiiilarious. Thanks for that.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Late

I had more trouble with 9-Volt and 18-Volt than Wily. I have 15 or so characters in World of Light and not that great selection of spirits yet. I'm playing on Hard and beating battles without spirits whenever possible.

I'm guessing the Sheriff assist trophy in the "Volts battle" would have killed himself if I had a franklin badge but I don't have any spirits that give me access to that. Found the Sheriff spirit from a chest today but I already finished the battle so it's too late for that, though it will come handy elsewhere. My strategy with annoying characters is to meteor smash them off the stage and that helped here as well, as long as the Sheriff didn't interrupt.

As for Wily, I could easily kill the first 4 opponents and even got to the 7th and 8th but wasn't quite able to do it with Mega Man or Villager. Then I switched to Wii Fit Trainer so I could heal with Sun Salutation and Deep Breathing. Won on my first try with WFT though it was quite close. I wish I had some spirits with healing abilities for battles like Wily. The battle was fun though.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

bixente

I've been spending plenty of time creating my own playlist. Really digging a lot of the F-Zero, Punch Out!!, and Xenoblade tracks. Earthbound is nice too. Amount of content on offer is just staggering.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Grumblevolcano

@scubydo Music is mainly via the main shop (not the WoL shops, the shop in the "Vault" section of the main menu) though some are only in WoL or challenge rewards. The music in the main shop can also be earned by playing classic mode.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Quarth

LOL! Just unlocked Simon. I love that he walks the same way as in the OG Castlevania to NES.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

EvilLucario

@Quarth They really translated Simon/Richter perfectly. They have the same crawl animation from Super Castlevania IV, the same running animation from Symphony of the Night, and their forward-tilts are their normal attacks. They even got the strut perfectly, which was never ever done right in 3D before this game. I love everything about them.

Quarth

@EvilLucario I’m looking forward to trying this character out more. The details in this game are fantastic!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Trajan

You know, I was sort of iffy on Smash. I enjoyed 64 and melee back in the day but those were pretty stale to me. I have to say that ultimate is really good. It's fast. It feels a lot different from melee and 64. Like it feels more like a regular fighting game physics wise.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic