Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 5,045

Fizza

@ChaoticKirby Don't sweat it: I've had the game since the day after it came out and still don't have a single weapon over 2 stars XD
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Budda I was talking about splatoon 3 salmon run. If I've created a room for salmon run, I've never been able to get into a game. One time, a switch friend joined, but the game never filled the other teammate slots after I hit OK. It just sat there. I waited & waited. I had to close the game because I couldn't cancel it, or back out. Either the game glitched, or it was user error on my part. I guess I'll give it another try.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes If you're just doing freelance or whatever with friends and not a private lobby or whatever then it should work fine. I've played a lot of Salmon Run with just one other friend and randoms in both Splatoon 2 and Splatoon 3.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Croctopus

@ChaoticKirby Wouldn’t expect another Big Run so soon anyway. A February Splatfest is likely, though, so that would be more evidence of my two Splatfests, one Big Run theory.

I think the next Big Run will be at Hagglefish Market, or at some point it will be. It’s at the sea and it seems big enough, though not with turf as varied as Wahoo World. Besides Hagglefish I don’t know if any other current maps would be that good. I’ve read about Undertow Spillway and Brinewater Springs being possible but they seem too cramped to me. Despite people’s love/hate relationship with Wahoo, its turf was certainly interesting enough for Big Run.

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
Hover over freelance and then press right on the D-Pad. There's the freelance option for playing with friends. Then both have to confirm that they are ready. Theeen the host has to start the game, if you are 3 players or less. It goes to the normal matchmakimg procedure as always to fill the remaining spot.

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Budda

Finally an interesting color. But is it just me, or do we get mostly the same colors with just some shade differences all the time? It's mostly blue/purple-ish, orange/red-ish, green-ish and some kind of yellow. Which this time white is still pretty similar to yellow kinda, in my opinion. I hope they get a little more creative in the future with tha colors and combinations. I'm not saying the colors are bad, but the combinations are getting repetitive.

Anyway! I choose white chocolate. Not for the color, but it is my lifetime favourite chocolate!
(Funfact) I know, strictly speaking, white chocalate isn't actually real chocalate by definition.
I have to support the outsider!

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano WAIT THAT'S ACTUALLY GENIUS OH MY GOD
Untitled
I think the abundance of food-themed Splatfests has been a bit much for me, but this is an extremely clever theme and I can't wait for it to roll around.

BenAV

Don't care too much for dark or white chocolate so milk is a pretty easy choice for me. This is another that could be pretty one-sided as far as popularity goes.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Budda

@BenAV
In which direction? Chocolate popularity or color?
What's for sure is, that dark will be the sour of this Splatfest.

Croctopus

Two Splatfests, one Big Run every season theory confirmed!

I'm going with classic. I can eat dark and white but milk is classic. Time to get another win for Frye! Don't be surprised if this is Team Sweet all over again. I know this is for Valentine's Day but it's a pretty lame theme. I'd much rather have Breakfast vs. Lunch vs. Dinner, which I believe will be inevitable anyway.

Whirling Octoling

BenAV

@Budda Chocolate popularity. I actually think White might be the Sour of this one though.

BenAV

Croctopus

A much better Valentine Splatfest would’ve been Card vs. Chocolates vs. Flowers. Oh well, there’s been lame Splatfests in past games. Fork vs. Spoon and Fam vs. Friend in 2 immediately come to mind.

Whirling Octoling

jump

Dev9417 wrote:

A much better Valentine Splatfest would’ve been Card vs. Chocolates vs. Flowers. Oh well, there’s been lame Splatfests in past games. Fork vs. Spoon and Fam vs. Friend in 2 immediately come to mind.

I would have gone with do you spend Valentine’s with the spouse, mistress or the bit on the side but that’s just me.

There's plenty of more balance three way choices though. Breakfast-lunch-dinner, planes-train-automobiles, pizzas toppings, running-swimming-biking etc. At least the ones they are giving us now beats the what side of toilet paper Splatfest!

I'm calling the one in May will be the Tri-force of Courage-Wisdom-Power for the Zelda Kingdom Sad 😥 release.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Budda

@jump
Would make sense. Since we got a Pokemon one for the release of Sc/Vio. And it would match the colors that we get most of the time. Beeing red, blue and green. It matches the Pokemon one actually.😅

@BenAV
I'm not so sure about that.
But since we both think the opposite it may reflect to real votes. Both will be mostly equal. Maybe leaning more towards white, just because of the ink color. With milk beeing the most popular.
But we can discuss this here forever and the actual results are most likely not what we expect. As most of the times discussing the winner of a Splatfest.

Edited on by Budda

Croctopus

@jump I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t get the Zelda Splatfest. Such an obvious slam dunk of a theme with its timing. Wisdom for Shiver since she’s so sophisticated, Power for Frye since she likes power and she kinda looks like a Bokoblin, and Courage for Big Man, which would be ironic since he’s known for being a little timid. Do it, Nintendo!

Whirling Octoling

ChaoticMagolor

Imagine if White were to pull through and somehow win.

It’s mostly going to be Dark vs. Milk. Only time and Tricolor will tell who wins.

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

chapuH

Dark is better for you, allows for more delicate craftwork, and is best in baking.

THE CHOICE IS CLEAR GUYS

Hope you're having a good day.

Takomaki

Pretty new to the game, is there an official meta for weapons and gear?

Takomaki

Fizza

@Takomaki The meta of Splatoon doesn't truly matter until you get really, REALLY high up in the rankings so my best advice would honestly be to just play what you like, especially if you're new to the game/series!

If you are looking for the current most-used weapons though, Splash-o-Matic, Splatana Wiper, Eliter-4K and Tentatek Splattershot seem to be the big 4 from what I've seen

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic