Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 5,050

WoomyNNYes

Adding to Fizza's comment:

@Takomaki Splat bombs are good agaist snipers you can't get close to, or other weapons with long range. Splat bombs are the triangular bombs. You can toss them from a good distance, and they explode rather quickly. (I often use the Splattershot becasue the weapon is decent and it has the splatbombs.)

Splattershot Pro shoots pretty far, kills rather quickly (three shots) and is one of the most accurate weapons. (Shooter weapons tend to have some RNG to their accuracy - some models have more or less RNG to their accuracy. When you shoot them, you'll see RNG make some shots spread and be less accurate.)

As you play, you'll notice some trends with some weapons splatting you more than others. Or maybe you'll see a player got 10-15+ splats in a match, you can use replays to see how they used their weapon. After matches, you can go to the computer in the lobby, you can watch replays there, and see how strong players used their weapon against you. Its a good way to learn how to use certain weapons, or learn strategies. (During the replay, hold down left trigger and press X,Y,A, B to select the viewpoint of opposing team players. And you can watch the whole match from their viewpoint. Hold down right trigger for play menu buttons. While at the computer, I believe there is an in-game menu page showing controls for replays.)

When I was new to splatoon, I watched youtuber ThatSRB2Dude to see how he uses the weapons. For splatoon 2, he had tutorials for weapons, and those weapons still shoot the same for Splatoon 3.

Edit: Also, the switch online Splatnet 3 app battle stats will let you see what gear & abilities people are using.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

I blacked out what happened.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza Man, I can't imagine how hard it is to carry @Fizza. That's amazing! 😁

If blacking out = beating cohozuna, I gotta stop trying.🤔

Jokes aside, nice work, Fizza!!!! I haven't tried the current weapon rotation. This gives me hope. EDIT: I don't think I broke 100 eggs in the past two weeks. I'm shocked, as I look through the stats on splatnet.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Takomaki

Thanks for the replies @fizza @woomynnyes
I’ll check out that YouTuber and the weapons you mentioned. Currently I like using the nes gunner so I’ll probably stick with it for the time being. I got the game for Christmas so I haven’t played for that long (55hours so far) and at B rank in ranked. So I should probably just try and enjoy the game hehe

Takomaki

WoomyNNYes

@Takomaki Nothing wrong with asking about the weapons meta. Learning different weapons & play styles adds LOTS of depth and enjoyment to the game. That's part of the genius of Splatoon.

Sometimes a seasonal update will tweak some weapon stats that can affect the meta. Or add a new kit option for an existing weapon. And there may be new weapon, sub weapon, or special weapon introduced with season udpates - that can also change the meta.

'Tendo liker

ChaoticMagolor

@Fizza Congrats! I’ve never beaten Cohozuna before, that must be such a feat! Plus, that egg count. Jeez that must have been one heck of a run.

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

ChaoticMagolor

Does anyone know any quick ways of farming specific ability chunks? I’m trying to recreate my old build from Splatoon 2.

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

WoomyNNYes

@ChaoticKirby For farming chunks of a specific ability, I think it's the same as splatoon 2. Although, Splatoon 3 has edge for earning chunks in general. All gear continues earning & pocketing extra chunks after all slots are full - one chunk every 28,000 points.

EDIT: It pays to buy the 5000 point shellout capsule every day. Sometimes that gives some chunks. There's also a capsule that gives you 10 ability chunks for every ability, which is a huge help. I have gotten one of them about once a month. On average, I normally buy one or two capsules a day. /EDIT

Otherwise, playing lots of salmon run earns lots of chunks. I haven't really had to farm chunks of a specific ability in Splatoon 3, because I've been playing a lot of salmon run. Granted, salmon run is the main mode I play. I've had the game for four months, and I've gotten about 150 of every chunk.

In case I'm imssing something, a bunch of youtubers have made videos for farming chunks in Splatoon 3 and creating perfect gear. Or someone else here may chime in, here, if I've missed anything.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

@ChaoticKirby To chime in with @WoomyNNYes 's request, there are many ability chunk guides on Youtube but if I had to recommend any in particular, it'd probably be Vasko's: they took the time to calculate the effectiveness of every mode in the game in order to determine which one is the most efficient in terms of grinding, definitely check it out when you have the time.

ChaoticMagolor

@WoomyNNYes @Fizza I’ve read and watched both of your recommendations. They will definitely help with farming chunks. Thanks!

ChaoticMagolor

Man, today wasn’t a good morning for Salmon Run. I had 3 Xtrawaves and lost all three, two of which had one person disconnect. The other one was absolutely stress-inducing. We almost had Cohozuna, but didn’t have enough time to finish him off. He was about 2 hits away from dying.

Well, at least I got one banner out of it. I might just take a break from Splatoon for today.

WoomyNNYes

Ahhh. I came so close to Eggsecutive VP 200 in freelance. I got to EVP 180. I think this may be the first time I've broken into EVP 100+. Been grinding the heck out of SR this weekend. I think I beat cohozuna 3 times this weekend (which is kind of crazy, and lucky perhaps).

I made a real effort to join friends in SR this weekend, creating rooms, but ironically, almost none of my switch friends played splatoon 3 this weekend. It was weird. I think this is the first weekend like that since the game's launch.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

WoomyNNYes wrote:

I made a real effort to join friends in SR this weekend, creating rooms, but ironically, almost none of my switch friends played splatoon 3 this weekend. It was weird. I think this is the first weekend like that since the game's launch.

Oops, sorry about that: I was busy levelling up weapon freshness over the last few days and was basically in Turf War jail for the past couple of days as a result 😅

I did enjoy the matches we had together yesterday though! Your Tentatek scares me XD

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza For playing each other across the pond (the atlantic), it still played like normal, as far as I could tell - I didn't notice any lag. Yeah, I got a good splat on you. I didn't know it was you. I just saw someone swimming toward me. And then it was you. XD I rewatched the match, at the end of our first match, you got a couple hits on me with the sloshing machine, you ALMOST had me, but I fell off the map like a fool. XD It was genius.

Although, on the topic of lag, I'm still surprised Splatoon 3 seems to have more lag issues that Splatoon 2 had.

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Someone carried the S out of me. New egg count record, 145.
Untitled
I keep getting to Eggsecutive VP 180 or 190 and then run out of mental bandwidth to make it to EVP 200. Strangely, I often found that my three teammates are so good at taking out bosses, that I'm going from one part of the stage to the other only to arrive when there's no more bosses to splat for golden eggs. And I keep ending up with the lowest egg count. Makes me feel like dead weight.

On a positive note, I'm finally earning silver sales faster. Now, I'll have to decide which slopsuit I want first, black or white? Such a dilemma since it's taken four months to get here.

And, I finally one-shotted a flyfish by setting a Splat Bomb on a ledge. The flyfish disappears so quick, it's hard to believe it's been taken out.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

I hope they'll add some new colored suits and Salmon Run splashtags in the future and soon. I have 220 silver and 45 gold scales. And I'm hesitant to spend them if anything good gets added. Maybe a nice red suit please?!
By the time they add new rewards I probably have plenty to spend anyway. But still.
Oh and please lower the cost of a few items please. 999 silver scales for a splashtag is absurd.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

ChaoticMagolor

@WoomyNNYes Get whichever one looks best. Both look good.

@Budda An interesting reward concept is an unlockable Slopsuit as gear. Like being able to equip it outside of Salmon Run. I don’t really see it happening, as it didn’t happen in Splatoon 2, but you never know.

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

WoomyNNYes

@Budda Oh, crap. That's a very good point about the possibility of new suits. They need a chrome suit, or something that glows, or some other neon, or pastel, colors. (I personally would like laser-eyes-meme style eyes in splatoon 3.🤣 That would be great.)

With you sitting on 220 silver scales, I'm assuming you already have the black and white slopsuits?

Yeah, that 999 silver scales price is insane.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

ChaoticKirby wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Get whichever one looks best. Both look good.

I agree, but I imagine, after a while, one color has more street cred.(regarding black vs white slopsuit)
@Budda You've been at high rank SR for a while, do you think white or black has more street cred?

'Tendo liker

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
I bought every suit except black. To me, it's kind of pointless because it's just a very dark blue. Why they haven't gone with a pure black is beyond me.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic