Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 5,045

Grumblevolcano

@ChaoticKirby It’s likely the next Big Run is in March or April depending on whether the next Splatfest is late February or early March.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

Something I would like to see, and maybe it's a terrible idea: What if a Splatfest Tshirt quadrupled abilities on all gear? XD You could throw splatbombs crazy far, or swim, run crazy fast. Granted, maybe some abilities would be omitted, like Ink Saver Main. Although, the downside to this super power mode, everything would probably feel disappointingly slow when splatfest ends & everything goes back to normal.

@novasoup I'm still not getting splats with ink strike special - surprisingly. Granted, I kept encountering highly skilled teams of friends - that's what they seemed like, anyway. And, I'm kind of disappointed Ninja Squid shows splash now for that first bit, but I guess it's tolerable.

I would like to see Sub Power Up get buffed for splatbomb throwing distance, as a counter an Elite 4K charger. In hagglefish market, I encountered an elite 4k player totally

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

novasoup

@WoomyNNYes i was testing the new tentatek splattershot, and when i used inkstrike it would reliably get a splat even if i barely grazed the player or mist, imo its a really big buff

playing right now:
splatoon 3
fortnite
pizza tower

Switch Friend Code: SW-2640-3349-1323 | My Nintendo: novasoup

octokid

@WoomyNNYes Is it bad that i just turned that quadruple ability idea into a comic?
https://ibb.co/gzBhKm1
https://ibb.co/09Gczyd
(the comic. e)

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

ChaoticMagolor

@novasoup Haven’t really gotten a chance to try out the update, but I did see a comparison video. I’m kind of glad that the ink strike is back to the power it had back in Splatoon 1. Ninja squid got nerfed, but I don’t really think it will actually hurt as much as some of the community says. Best part is that my main, the Aerospray, got a slight buff lmao.

@Grumblevolcano I agree, and I also think that it would make more sense for the next big run to be announced for the beginning of the next season.

@WoomyNNYes That concept fits with the chaotic theme of Splatoon 3. Now imagine a full team of stacked run speed up Aerosprays.

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

WoomyNNYes

Oh, wow. There's a trick where you can take out a flyfish with one splatbomb?!? (edit, oh crap. they're shorts, so they don't embed.) They are youtuber CheWoomy taking out flyfish with one splatbomb - two methods.

I came real close to trying the splatbomb on the edge trick to take out a flyfish, but there was too much chaos with tenta missiles and drizzlers, I died before I could try.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
Yep. I do it if I have the chance.
Are there always the same people playing Salmon Run? I get into a lobby with CheWoomy a lot. Haha.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

WoomyNNYes

@Budda Ahhh, yeah, CheWoomy is German. Your region has been exposed!!😁 I'm in eastern US. I used to see Captain Astronaut online, but I haven't seen him in Splatoon 3.

In my region, I struggle to get & keep Executive VP. This may be a reflection of my skill level. But I also suspect my region may have a downside (or perhaps my problems also stem from playing in the 5pm-9pm, when most newbs play). I can get to Executive VP, but every time I come back the next day, I get spammed with newbs and struggle to get past wave 1 or 2. It's such a problem, that I usually end up getting pay cuts down to Pro 2 or Pro 1. I often get so frustrated by the seemingly endless jackass-matching (8-10+ failed shifts) that I have to demote myself to Pro 1 just to complete three waves so I can make progress with the SR reward capsules.

I constantly have teams where everyone seems to avoid taking out drizzers, slammin lids, stingers, flyfish (or they don't know how), or nobody is keeping ink on the ground or walls, or teamates aren't using their specials, or too many teammates kill bosses at the edge of the map making it too hard to make quotas. If I don't have a long range weapon, or strong weapon, chances are good we'll be overrun by boss salmonids, a rain of drizzlers & tenta missiles. In pro 2 yesterday, I was the only one painting walls at the beginning for 8-10 shifts. It was amazing. Understandably, this is january, post christmas, when there are a lot of new players.

And quite often, if I find a decent team, I lose them quickly, because every two hours maps change, and I lose my team when lobbies reset.

Mind you, I know SR lobbies are better after 10pm here, but that's not a good time for me to play.

Forgive my venting.🤣

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
I thought so he'd be German. That "Che" in his name is a joke probably. Some Germans pronounce the word "the" horribly wrong this way. Pronounced just like 'The' with an S or C sound at the beginning. 😅

I get into good lobbies early in the morning(with a fresh shift). And when I'm out of range of lower VP, I get good players generally any time. I only get problems, when I start at low VP in the afternoon.

WoomyNNYes

Can anyone tell me how, or why, I start getting tracked after I respawn? At the 0:23 time stamp, you'll hear the ping sound and then two tracking lines connect to me. When, I look at the other team's battle stats, I can't figure out what or whom is tracking me. I don't see any weapons or abilities that can track. I'm totally baffled. Does anyone know what's going on?

It's early in the game, and nobody has breached our end of the map to put something there.

The opposing team is the top team in this pic.
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

StarPoint

@WoomyNNYes Those lines are tracking the enemy players, not you Someone else on your team must have tagged them with a tracker. It looks kinda strange since you’re far away from them, though.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

@StarPoint Oh. Good point. Looking at my team's stats, a teammate has a charger (squiffer?) with a point sensor. Maybe that's the source.

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

So, does anyone in the US region manage to keep Eggsecutive VP for multiple days by freelancing? I can't get out of pro 2 and 3 anymore.

Also, where did alex olney get that salmon run grizzco light, just behind him on the wall??

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
Maybe team up with someone more experienced. You can do freelance with friends you know.

WoomyNNYes

@Budda I've never been able to play Salmon Run with switch friends. The few times I've managed to recruit a switch friend, the game never filled the two empty slots with other players. Does it actually work if you don't recruit a full three friends?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

How's everyone getting on in terms of raising Weapon Freshness? I never payed too much heed to it myself since I usually prefer to play Anarchy over Turf, however I've recently gotten a sudden urge to try and raise my freshness across most of the weapons I play. Gotten Aerospray, Splattershot, Sploosh, Splatana Stamper and Tri-Slosher as of now and plan to take care of some that are on the cusp like Dualies and Sloshing Machine before the current season is out!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

BenAV

@Fizza I don't switch weapons much so not great. Dapple Duelies (which I just made a set for recently) and Forge Splattershot Pro are close to 4 star though.
Untitled

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

ChaoticMagolor

@Fizza I only have 2 stars on the Aerospray MC, 2 on the Nautilus 47, and 1 on Bloblobber.

I just got Splat 3 a few weeks ago, and don’t really get many chances to play. I would like to raise my star level on the Splatana Stamper, if I wasn’t so crappy at melee weapons.

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
Are you talking about Splatoon 2?
In Splatoon 3 you can start a match with any amount of players in the group in any game mode. Except for Tri-Color. That's limited to 2 players per group. And Anarchy Battle (Series)/X Battles of course.

Edited on by Budda

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic