Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,721 to 4,740 of 5,014

Maxz

@ChaosBadger777 I’ve had trouble playing with two devices simultaneously on the same internet connection - have you checked this is possible with other games?

If you’re set on playing together, I think I should also mention you’ll be limited to League mode and Private Battles. League Mode actually covers the same modes as Ranked Mode, so it’s not actually much of a restriction, but instead you’ll be given a temporary rank based on your performance as a pair in the particular ‘session’ in which you play. Ranked Mode is fundamentally a single player mode which keeps track of your rank over multiple sessions.

I’d be interested to hear from people other who’ve played to game on a Lite. For a competitive online shooter, it’s obviously ideal to have as much screen estate as possible, and it’s also a game that generally works best with gyro aiming which would mean waving the console itself around. However, if you’re used to standard stick controls and are already accustomed to playing on the Lite’s smaller screen, then hopefully you should be fine.

It’s one of my very favourite games on the system so I’d recommend it to anyone, but these are things worth keeping in mind.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Mr-Fuggles777

@Maxz thank you for this, might give it a miss if we would be limited to those few game modes.

We have been playing Diablo 3 (although that seems to be more local than online now because there's never anyone else running greater rifts) and Animal Crossing. We haven't really come across any connection issues in those games, although Smash was pretty much unplayable online using one Lite so might depend on the game.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Mr-Fuggles777

Bit the bullet and picked it up, the Mrs isn't sure about it but im loving it so far.
The controls are a bit different and I had to switch off gyro (it was making me nauseous) but im having fun - you notice the lack of voice chat in the lobbies though

Anyone want to team up with a noob and help me learn feel free to drop me a message or FR

WoomyNNYes

@ChaosBadger777 I didn't like motion control aiming at first, and I think that's the normal reaction for many, many people, but it's so advantageous for aiming, it is THEE way the way to play. At first, you're not used to the camera moving so easily with motion, but you'll get used to it fairly quickly. People that fight it end up regretting not getting used to it earlier. It just takes an hour or two. I'll respect whatever conclusion you come to, but that's the advice you'll find across the board, even from Alex Olney<33.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Mr-Fuggles777

@WoomyNNYes I've got the lite and find it quite disorientating moving the screen to aim as opposedto just a controller, I will give it another go as the stick controls are quite sloppy compared to other shooters and I can see there is a definite advantage between those using it and those not.

WoomyNNYes

@ChaosBadger777 Understandable. Got ya. Forgot you're on the Lite. If I play handheld, I still use motion control, but you're right, playing handheld vs TV has it's differences. I sometimes play the single player handheld.

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@Northwind If you can get into the habit of using the stick for all large movements and just using gyro for the finer aiming then it works well even in handheld mode. It's orth playing around with the sensitivity settings a bit till they feel the most comfortable too. I have them set a little higher for handheld than I do for docked.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BenAV

@Northwind The game tries to match you up against players of similar level so you'll most likely end up in a lobby full of other relatively new players. I wouldn't worry too much about it, regular battles (turf war) is all just a bit of fun with no rating or anything anyway. Just give it a go, try your best and hope your connection holds up.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BenAV

@Northwind The game's a few years old but it's a major first party release that's still one of the best online multiplayer games on the system so there should still be quite a few new players on a regular basis as long as the Switch itself continues to sell really well. You get to play against all the children that got the game for Christmas.

BenAV

Mr-Fuggles777

@Northwind I've only recently started playing mysels and it seems to use SBMM for the most part. You could also try playing the horde mode which is co-op and gives you chance to try out the weapons in a more competitive arena than the single player campaign allows.
Feel free to drop me a friend request, I will happily jump into a lobby with you whenever I'm online.

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind Splatoon 2 does a decent job of telling you if your connection is too weak/inconsistent to play. So, it will work, or it won't. Or the game will tell you. There won't be much mystery. Online play is not data heavy. All the heave stuff (the actual game) is on the console, and the internet just shares movement data, which is easy lifting compared to streaming HD video or surfing nintendolife.

'Tendo liker

IsaKoss05

@Northwind Sometimes you will get put together with really high levels (idk why) that happened to me when I was a low level.

Edited on by IsaKoss05

IsaKoss05

EngineerMario

Splatfeast is today
Team Mushroom or Team Star

EngineerMario

BenAV

@EngineerMario Star for me. I think it'll be a pretty one-sided one as far as popularity goes so I'm not expecting to get matched up against many Mushroom teams. 11-1 in favour of Star on my friend list.

BenAV

BenAV

@EngineerMario Everyone who participates gets rewarded (exact number depends on the title you reach) with super sea snails and the winning team just gets a few more than the losing team so it doesn't matter too much.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

@EngineerMario I was choosing team by team shirt color. Team Mushroom shirts are white. Team Star shirts are black.

(Don't get fooled like me. I thought Mushroom shirts were going to be red like the kiosk poster(where you pick your team), but was disappointed to receive a white team shirt Boooo!! )

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

Had two sessions of playing in the Splatfest today, with approximately an hour apiece. (FYI, I'm Team Star.) The first few rounds I played with Team Mushroom, my team won. Later on, there were some matches where Mushroom won - they're really putting up a good fight, even though it seems that Team Star is the more popular side. lol

Also, I have a question. For joining people on your friend list, do your friends have to have picked the same side as you, or doesn't it matter who picked what?

@Heavyarms55 Just tagging you here, in case you're available for the Splatfest. If not, that's okay.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

WoomyNNYes

So, do all our newbs here know painting the walls doesn't count for Turf War? You only paint a wall to hide or swim up to reach higher places. I never saw the game say walls don't count, so I painted them like a sucker when I was new to Turf War. : p

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic