Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 3,072

Grumblevolcano

@DarkRula At least if it happens, it'll likely just be a normal download from the eshop. I still remember the days of the Smash 3DS demo and the absolute chaos that caused with code begging all over Nintendo Life.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

probably people who liked to trade them around? Idk. Maybe it's just one of those "but now its tooo eeeaaaasssssyyyyyyy~!" things.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

Well when you think about it, unlimited TM teaching means unlimited PP for those moves and no need to think or consider when and where to use each TM, I could see some people finding that “dumbed down”.

Bloop.

link3710

I think planning a team makes a lot of sense with a second playthrough or inevitable rerelease / third version / VC release / whatever, outside of the case of B2W2 where the game was so completely different. Those games don't get enough credit for being basically entirely new main entries within a gen. But anyways, the first playthrough of any gen I always go with my gut on building a team as I go, which let's me fall in love with the new Pokemon more easily.

@StableInvadeel No? TM's no longer restore PP since the unlimited change for that very reason.

link3710

Eel

Not sure if it was changed in more recent games, but at least in Gen 6 it works.

Teach your Pokémon another move and then re-teach the move you want to restore, and it will fill up its PP.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Haruki_NLI

@StableInvadeel Which is weird as that's NOT how it worked in Gen 5. There whatever move you taught took on the current PP of the move it replaced.

So you could teach Thunder over a 1PP left slot, Thunder has 1PP until restoration. If you teach another move and then Thunder AGAIN on that slot, still 1PP

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

link3710

Huh, that's so weird. Gen V's method was great, made the reusable TMs not game breaking, and I didn't really see anyone complain about it? In fact, I remember it being mostly lauded. I guess this goes to show just how much time I put in Gen V compared to Gens VI / VII though, I've probably got about 2-3x the hours in the former than the latter two. Probably because the postgame in XY and SuMo was awful, never made it that far in USUM. ORAS was at least respectable, if a disservice considering the removed content.

link3710

Eel

Also tested it in Let's go, works too.

It was just a bit more annoying to test without wild pokemon to fight. So Lorelei had to the be test subject.

Bloop.

Eel

@Tsurii If it's any better, BW and BW2 behave like you two mention, so it's something they implemented and then changed almost immediately afterwards.

Guess it's just one of those things you learn in one gen and then never notice when they change it. Like how gen 6 made grass pokemon inmune to the status powders/spores, I always forget that one. But more obscure.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

-Green-

Infinite TMs is a blessing. Especially when you’re trying to design multiple competitive teams. It’s not fun having only 1 earthquake or such, and being able to give it to only one Pokémon.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

I remember cloning TMs in emerald just to have extras in diamond.

... Of course this only worked with the older TMs, not the ones exclusive to gen 4...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

@StableInvadeel Did you use the Emerald cloning glitch? I exploited that quite a bit back in the day until one particular session permanently lost me a Groudon.

I never sharked or AR'd my games but wasn't against using glitches already present in a game.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

@Tyranexx yeah it was super easy to duplicate items and pokemon with that glitch in emerald.

Thankfully I never had any unfortunate accidents doing it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Heavyarms55

I abused the heck out of the Emerald cloning glitch. I made dozens of Jirachi clones, which I then imported to Pearl version and traded away on GTS. I stopped once I realized that I could just breed Spiritomb and get pretty much the same result without cheating though. I started giving the hatched Spiritomb silly names, "bob1, bob2, bob3" I think I was around the 50 Spiritomb mark when I finished the National Dex.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

The Missingno. item replication glitch is still my favorite. That made the post-game grind in Pokemon Blue a LOT easier. XD The only thing I had to sacrifice was a cohesive Hall of Fame record. That part of the game was forever glitched to be heck after that.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

That was a risky glitch if you abused it too much. I corrupted at least two save files abusing it.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

DarkRula

@Grumblevolcano Oh, yeah. Definitely a normal demo. The Smash 3DS demo code fiasco was fun to watch from the sidelines, but I wouldn't want it repeated.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ThatNyteDaez

@Snaplocket Probably because the games aren't out yet and we're still in the dark about quite a bit of the content.

Never take anything I say seriously. S'all you buddy. ;)
Mainly play on my Switch but I have 3DS, Wii U and PS4 as well.
Fave game series include: Pokemon, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Disgaea, Bayonetta, Dragons Dogma, Phantasy Star & Arena of Valor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1089-6841-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9887-9271 | My Nintendo: ThatNyteDaez | Nintendo Network ID: Rhydas | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic