Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 3,072

Octane

I did like TMs being one-time use in the main story, but I prefer them if they're more easily available in the post game for competitive purposes.

Octane

-Green-

Here’s a question, how much content do you all actually expect in these games? As in do you expect a long main campaign, perhaps a post game story or maybe a variation of the battle frontier, etc?

I came into this expecting this be similar to XY and have relatively little story and such as this was Gamefreaks first new Generation on the hardware. However they did get practice with Let’s Go and are able to reuse more assets since they no longer are handling the transition from 2D to 3D.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

link3710

@Tsurii Post-game? I don't remember XY or SuMo having anything at all to do post elite four, and ORAS had a brief story based thing and that was it. GameFreak has made it clear they don't believe in post-game.

link3710

Eel

I believe they've mentioned something to the effect of "most people don't care about it, and it's too complicated for younger players, so why bother?"

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Sun and Moon and XY had basically the same level of post game content iirc. In that they had very small post game stories, with the Ultra Beasts and that Mind controlled girl respectively. They also had their variation of the Battle frontier-esque Area.

Ultra S/M added Rainbow Rocket and XY sadly never got a third version.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

DarkRula

Usually if I want to extend playtime post Elite Four, and there's nothing for me to do, I usually end up doing a run to 50 unless there's something entertaining that isn't competitive-battling within the world. That's why I'd wish the colosseums from the Gamecube games would return (or at least something very similar) as they were just regular battles within a tournament setting. No fancy rules or restrictive playstyles, you'd just go there and battle and perhaps encounter some new trainers you hadn't seen before, all the while still gaining experience points for your team.

I would think Sword/Shield has to at least have things to do post game, especially as I suspect the London-like city has some form of tournament battling. And maybe the wild area gets something fresh to do within it. Or maybe the Galar version of Ireland, which might be hidden from the map.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Octane

Main game around 10-15 hours.

Octane

link3710

Honestly, I got an awful lot of playtime out of the battle Maison in XY, so I wasn't totally lacking postgame. SuMo's post-game offers turned me off completely however honestly, not only were they sparse but they weren't fun.

link3710

Eel

Can't say I remember exactly how much my first playthrough of Moon lasted, but my first file in X was 80 hours from start to credits, not counting the post game.

So yes, it's entirely possible to get more mileage out of these games. As they say, it will vary from person to person.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BlackTalon2

post game for me is really mostly breeding pokemon for good stats and egg moves. but i loved the Delta episode. and fighting rainbow rocket was hard, those legendaries are OP.

and i never rush my playthrough, i take my time and enjoy the scenery and the dialogue.

im also hoping we can have 16~20 characters for our trainer names and pokemon names.
and maybe we have our own signatures and greetings /messages again like in gen 6 PSS. That was one thing i did not like in gen 7 , all the messages were pre written by gamefreak.

Edited on by BlackTalon2

VIVA CRISTO REY !

BlackTalon2

so they are introducing grass and fairy types with this 24 hoir livestream? i hope we get more poison types, i need some to round out my team.

Edited on by BlackTalon2

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Sisilly_G

@Tsurii : We'll probably get about 100 new Pokémon, but a lot of those 100 Pokemon may not necessarily be new species (such as unique Dynamax forms, Galarian forms etc.), sort of like how X&Y had only introduced 69 new species of Pokémon, but the 30 or so Mega forms brings the total number of "new" Pokémon to about 99 (higher if you count the additional Megas introduced in OR/AS).

Gen VII also introduced over 100 new Pokemon if you count the Alolan forms.

I think the total number of unique species will continue to slow down as the franchise progresses, but we will most likely see more variations on existing Pokémon species.

There is every possibility though that at some point in the future, The Pokémon Company might decide to pull another Gen V out of its hat and make a game that only contains new Pokémon for the main story, but I cannot see that happening any time soon.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Octane

@Snaplocket I think you're expecting too much. It's just a livestream of a location. They'll probably reveal a new Pokemon or two, but that's about it.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic