Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 3,072

link3710

@Grumblevolcano No, it's not just you. In fact, the most common complaint by this point was that GameFreak had released too much information. This time we're going in practically blind comparitively. Which is an improvement, or at least would be if what we had seen was better.

And it's not just the games. The SS anime is way behind on it's promos compared to usual, and that's launching in a month and a half.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Octane

Yeah, we know less for sure. And in a way that's a good thing. With previous gens, most of it was revealed/leaked at this point.

Octane

-Green-

This game has leaked too. Apparently a god chunk of it has been leaked since May

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@-Green- True, but most of that has been revealed by now. So it was probably meant for trailers and news dumps anyway. That's probably how the leakers got their hands on it.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

We dont even know the name of any locations, period. Only four of presumably 9 gyms, no real story details. No info on Zacian or Zamazenta's types...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

link3710

@Snaplocket Nah, I'll agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment. Gen VI has probably the best Pokemon designs of the series, helped in part by them being far more selective in that generation than pretty much any other. The megas were also a great deal better looking than the Gen IV past evos on the whole. Gen VII has... Wishiwashi, Rockruff line, Rowlett line, Wimpod line and the Mudbray line as the only ones I really like, and the regional forms were a much more mixed bag overall. It probably had a better percentage of good designs than Gen V, but the overall number was of course much lower.

Anyone remember the Gen VIII starters leak from like, a year and a half back? I just saw it again, and realized they got two out of the three starters right after all...
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/02/20/rumour-could-these-be-t...

link3710

Haruki_NLI

@mariomaster96 Well, yes and no.

This feels like we swung from one end of the extremes to the other.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

Honestly it feels like possibly setting up for a October Pokemon Direct, there was always a Direct after the big September one and for the most part it was a single game (2014 was Smash Wii U Direct followed by a general Direct, 2015 was a general Direct followed by Smash 4 DLC Direct, 2016 was Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome Amiibo Direct, 2017 was XC2 Direct, 2018 was Smash Ultimate Direct).

It feels like we know a lot about upcoming 2019 Switch games except Pokemon so Sword/Shield could fit that post-September single game Direct. Another reasonable possibility is a big Smash Direct in November covering Terry Bogard, DLC fighter 5 and the structure of DLC after the Fighters Pass.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Snaplocket Oh, I've listened to only a couple, I want most of them to be surprises. The title theme (everyone's heard it at this point in the directs) is a very intriguing remix of the usual main theme, and very memorable. The wild battle theme might be one of the best in the series from what I've heard of it. Bede's theme is pretty darn good too, even with all the SFX laid over it in the version we heard. I have no worries this generation will impress musically.

link3710

BlackTalon2

-Green- wrote:

That’s assuming Gamefreak doesn’t just introduce new Legendaries to take their place tbh. Last gen introduced around 20 or so legendarily tier Pokémon.

well i hope battle spot has a choice for no legendaries and no dynamax. i will try out dynamax, i just dont want it available for every single battle.

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Heavyarms55

@BlackTalon2 That I don't think is likely. Though I would love the ability to have more custom rule sets, Game Freak has never really added the ability to not use the current gimmick. On the other hand, fan based communities like Smogon generally do have that sort of rule set. So if you're looking for that, I imagine you can find opponents that way. I know I will be.

I have no problems with legendary Pokemon in battles personally, so long as they do not prevent soft resetting for IVs and nature or provide and alternative means of controlling those variables. Plenty of Legendary Pokemon over the years have been utter trash in competitive formats. Aside from obviously bad Regigas with the worst ability in the game, flying/ice type Articuno, with it's low speed and defensive stats is so painfully terrible. (Which is a shame, cause I think it's a beautiful bird.) And then you have Pokemon like Rotom-W and Garchomp which despite not being legendary Pokemon, have been top tier competitors since their release. "Legendary" is nothing but a label.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BlackTalon2

Snaplocket wrote:

Anyways. In an attempt to be positive I'll say that I really like the character designs and the designs of the Pokemon. Seriously, what we've seen so far is a huge improvement after GEN VII. The worst in Pokemon designs in my opinion. Before anyone calls me a genwunner, GEN VI had my favorite batch of Pokemon designs (and the games are my favorites in the series).

gen7 is currently my favorite gen in terms of pokemon designs, especially the bug types like chargabug vikavolt,golisopod,,araquanid and pokemon like wishiwashi and lurantis. gen 6 was good, but outside of fossils the only designs i liked were talonflame and clawitzer. i do like these gen 8 designs so far like duraludon cramorant and sirfetched.

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Heavyarms55

@BlackTalon2 I gotta say I absolute agree with you there! Gen 7 has some great bug types!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BlackTalon2

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@BlackTalon2 That I don't think is likely. Though I would love the ability to have more custom rule sets, Game Freak has never really added the ability to not use the current gimmick. On the other hand, fan based communities like Smogon generally do have that sort of rule set. So if you're looking for that, I imagine you can find opponents that way. I know I will be.

I have no problems with legendary Pokemon in battles personally, so long as they do not prevent soft resetting for IVs and nature or provide and alternative means of controlling those variables. Plenty of Legendary Pokemon over the years have been utter trash in competitive formats. Aside from obviously bad Regigas with the worst ability in the game, flying/ice type Articuno, with it's low speed and defensive stats is so painfully terrible. (Which is a shame, cause I think it's a beautiful bird.) And then you have Pokemon like Rotom-W and Garchomp which despite not being legendary Pokemon, have been top tier competitors since their release. "Legendary" is nothing but a label.

yeah, as long as the legendary or mythycal is not op or too centralizing like the tapus or weather wizards im ok with them. overused op breedable pomemon are annoying too especially with op exclusive z moves.

VIVA CRISTO REY !

BlackTalon2

all those official leaks before the sun and moon release were not so bad. the big problem was the demo game data mining. that is why they did not offer a demo this time around.

i still wish they would reveal all the previous gen pokemon that were cut/dexited. so that i can finalize my team. and i hope all the tapus are cut, those things are sooo annoying.

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Octane

@Tsurii Yeah, I do the same as well. Feels a lot more "natural", as opposed to planning everything ahead of your playthrough.

Octane

toiletduck

@Tsurii for that reason alone I kinda like the new exp share. Makes it a lot more viable to shuffle your team mid and late game, without having to grind (again) for hours.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

DarkRula

@BlackTalon2 Sun and Moon's demo was announced beginning October and released exactly one month from release. Plenty of time for the same to happen here.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

toiletduck

@Tsurii I like it easy and lazy when I'm gaming. My real life job is already tough enough

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic