Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 4,706

Ulysses

Just beat Narwa for the first time. Exhausting and crazy, and nail biting to the end.

Had to blitz through all the 7* quests today to catch up just in time!! No time to make gear. Just had to speed through the quests with full Kamura gear lol.

Downloading the update now! Can't wait to see all the new content, omg...

And yes, @Joeynator3000 you can take your cookie (or cat nip...?) and rest assured that your hunch was right. I didn't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed, but man is it an awesome surprise that they crammed in ONE MORE monster on top of everything else. Goodness gracious!

The Monster Hunter devs are getting some micro transaction purchases from me tonight. For hardly any other franchise do I feel so confident in supporting them with more money. This is the game franchise to do it.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Snatcher

Man magnamalo's hitbox is BS bro, I was far away form the dude and still got hit, (I'm not kidding) and I was getting my ass kick, I think I need to just get back in the groove. I have been playing world for the past week, and its amazing that bazel is back.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

Anyone see event quests? I haven’t found them anywhere. I’m starting to think they haven’t released yet.

Also, all 3 of Utsushi’s Challenge Quests (Hub HR7) incorrectly state, “Hunt a Royal Ludroth and Juyrutodus” despite all 3 quests being pairs of totally different monsters.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH No I haven't maybe they will unlock some time later down the rank or they might show up tomorrow.
I'm loving the new update so far... is what I would say If I had gotten anything from it yet, You see before I start the rank 8 quest I need to upgrade my rajing armor set, I kept forgetting to do it up to this point, so I need to grind out the money on top of having to get this knew narg CH and LS, overall a lot for me to do on top of me doing iceborn.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@TeeJay Agreed.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
So much to do!

I sold some ore and paid to upgrade my new Utsushi Visible set and my Basarios set. Doesn’t pay to upgrade the Royal Ludroth or Aknosom armor though. Skills aren’t up to scratch. Those were always fashion sets anyways so I’ll just replace them with layered armor counterparts.

I’m going to bed right now and I’m waking up at 5:30 in the morning with a pot of coffee and I’m digging into the rest of these HR7 quests, and I’m playing all day tomorrow. If anyone wants to join in tomorrow while I work my way through page 2 and 3 of HR7, as well as some Rampage quests, let me know cause I’ll be down.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Ha! Finally got all 3 amiibo! Now I can start the game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Snatcher

@DomGC Oh so that why I thought I fully upgrade my rajing armor, bc I did LOL.

Snatcher

@JaxonH what you just said, I'm such A idiot, I could have been selling my ore the whole time LOL.

Ulysses

Currently procrastinating taking on Bazel until tomorrow when I'm more rested. On the bright side, returning to these old quests that I ignored until now will further my HR!

@JaxonH Sounds great to me! I'll be on tomorrow so I'll want to hunt with you some. Like you, I have so much to do in this game now.

Ulysses

Snatcher

Did the capture Rajing quest solo, I almost carted a few time, but for the most part I found him easy, and was really fun to fight.

Jrpglover

Wish I didn't have work today I just wanna play the update it's not fair

Jrpglover

Joeynator3000

selects the Bazel quest again without thinking, heads out on quest
...Oh, the area changes for the same quest? That's new. lol

EDIT: ...No wait, the quest itself is different. But it was already completed...o_0

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

I'm now hunter rank 17, and I think, I'm going to try hunting those three monster's later, buuut I'm also thinking of doing it after I beat one of the elder dragons, HMMM.

JaxonH

So, Monster Hunter Rise just crossed 6 million.

I’ve extrapolated a best-fit curve from the data we have so far to made predictions about when it will cross 7 million, 8 million and eventually, 9 million for the single platform record.

I used weeks and millions shipped/sold for my axes, and then converted the days it had been from launch to announcement of 4m, 5m and 6m into weeks (basically a fraction of days/7)

Coordinate data (weeks, millions)
(0 , 0)
(3/7 , 4)
(10/7 , 5)
(30/7 , 6)

Untitled

Should be roughly at 3 months for 7 million, around 9 months for 8 million, and about 2 years for 9 million.

Keep in mind, this is not accounting for increases due to price drops and sales, holiday periods, etc. This is only if the current trend continued forever. All models are wrong- some can be useful. I suspect it will be able to cross 10 million before the generation is over. Prediction says nearly 7 years to reach double digits, which basically means it won’t happen because sales will taper off as the generation ends, but with sales, price drops and holiday periods factored in I think it can squeeze that extra million. It would be incredible to see Rise cross 10m on a single platform.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ulysses

So has anyone hunted Apex Arzuros/etc yet? I'm guessing no Apex armor variants just yet

Ulysses

Jrpglover

@Ulysses I have, and I can confirm that there's no new armour,weapons or decos. Which I personally feel slightly disappointed about as I was hoping for the very least some sort of deco but all you get is apex beastclaw and high rank materials. :/

Jrpglover

Joeynator3000

Just fought Chameleos...so glad the music changes when he goes into rage, the fog and all of that just felt weird without it in Gen/Gen U.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

The 4 new armor sets are from Chameleos, Teostra, Kushala Daora and Bazelgeuse. Apex monster quests are just a response to fans wanting to fight them outside of the rampage.

I’m HR32 now. I did the single player village quest with Bazelgeuse, Rajang and Magnamalo in the arena and... wow. What a satisfying quest that was. All high rank btw, as there aren’t even Low Rank versions of 2 of them.

I have also now fought Chameleos. He is INCREDIBLE. I carted once, as he combo’d me pretty fast and hard. I love the ambience when fighting him. It gets misty, he turns invisible off and on, it just looks so cool.

I fought Kushala Daora too. What an excellent conversion of Kushala! He’s no longer super aggravating where you can’t even get to him like in World, and the poison mechanic returns from older games where, if you keep him poisoned, he won’t use black wind tornados. You can also gem in wind resistance 3 with 3 single slot gems to max out, so it’s super easy to do in this game. I absolutely love Kushala in Rise. Perhaps just as much as Chameleos.

Haven’t fought Teostra yet.

I fought Apex Arzuros. And uh... if this is what it’s like fighting an Apex honeybear, I don’t even want to begin thinking about how hard it’s going to be fighting Apex Mizutsune or Apex Rathian, or God forbid come the 3.0 update, Apex Rathalos or Apex Diablos. My goodness he hits like truck. And he’s so aggressive!

And of course, I fought Bazelgeuse- several times now in fact. I love him even more than I did in World, and he was probably my favorite monster from World. When he air bombs, his exploding scales seem to fall in a much wider range, scattered all over. It’s not like in World where he just drops them below. There is nowhere to run, there is no where to hide, there is nowhere safe. I love it.

And I’m about to craft my first layered armor set which will probably be Bazelgeuse.

What an absolute banger of an update. I took off work today just so I could play and check out the update, and I haven’t been left disappointed.

Btw. I advise anyone who played World and wants some payback against Bazel, go grab some large barrel bombs, wait for Bazel to go to sleep when you’ve almost killed him, and bomb dunk Bazel from the sky. B52 the B52.

edit
Ohmygosh. I changed my owl to a “menacing macaw” from the DLC, and not only does it look like a parrot from a pirate ship, he sounds like a parrot now too! Or rather, a macaw I should say. I can even hear him “talking” a word or two softly every now and then. It’s so cool! This little DLC outfit, and yet they put so much effort into it, special sound effects recorded and everything. You can even change his colors with two different tones however you want. I went with white, yellow and periwinkle blue which looks awesome.

Untitled

And here’s some screenshots I took today...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

Ladies and gentlemen... the Chameleos Switch Axe

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic