Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 4,706

JaxonH

@FattyWhale_42
Lol I don’t remember that. I never interrupt carves intentionally. I must have thought everyone got their carves already. My bad 🤦‍♂️ 😂

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH Haha no worries.

I actually remember you telling someone else that you needed to take a break from the game because you were on a hunt, and you almost kept someone from being able to carve.

I found it at least as funny as I did aggravating. xD

EDIT: I actually found the post (almost exactly 6 years ago — where does the time go?), and I wasn't sure who was hitting me, I think I remember you mentioning that, so my brain put the two together and made you the culprit! xD

Edited on by FattyWhale_42

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

JaxonH

@FattyWhale_42
Ooooh my gosh! All these distant memories are starting to flood back in. I remember that now. I had gotten so frustrated for one reason or another (not sure if it was getting constantly tripped or what) that I just lost it and started going postal at the end of a quest. And then afterwards when I came to my senses I was like wow, I need to take a step back cause I'm taking this WAY too seriously to get so frustrated to the point of snapping.

I had completely forgotten about that. Wow. Ya, back then I was working 10-12 hour shifts 6, sometimes 7 days a week and playing Monster Hunter every waking second of the day I wasn't working. I think I had gotten into some kind of manic mental state or something. There is such a thing as playing too much.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH Haha, yeah, I found the thread and that's pretty much exactly what you said (to Iggly). xD

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Joeynator3000

As far as I know Rajang is the only large monster that appears there, he goes there to sleep.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

urrutiap

yeah big bad magnamalo is actually easy mostly the main Village story end quest. You can even escape the fire blight by using the wire bugs.

I breezed through that fight since I had Tigrex high armor on along with the Ibushi great sword.

Northwind wrote:

Is it just me, or is Magnamlo almost insultingly easy for a supposed ‘flagship’ or ‘boss’ monster? Its attacks do sooooo much less damage than those of, say, a Zinogre at the same level. It’s not even comparable. Clearly, Magnamalo was designed to augment its damage output with Hellfire—but, like, Hellfire is super easy to deal with? It’s basically Slimeblight 2.0, except without Brachy’s raw power to back it up!

urrutiap

Giancarlothomaz

@urrutiap yes i noticed back in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate the prevalence of Capture Quest, i have not find so far a capture quest in the game, today i gonna hunt Aknosom and unlock the Frost Island Subcamps.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

TeeJay

@JaxonH Oh yeah I remember that pain, haha. Though it made it all the more heartwarming when people actually DID stay to help out.

As for my main, I guess I can give a brief history of the weapons I've mained since 4U.

In Gen/Gen Ult I used the widest variety of weapons I ever had and have ever used since, thanks to the hunter styles making a lot of weapons able to be made into a playstyle that I liked. I started out by reverting back to my 3U main the Switchaxe ( I forget what style, I think adept?) and then the Adept GS. Then Gen Ult came out and I fell in love with Valor HBG. The ability to dash to reposition without using stamina and then unleashing a turrent of Pierce ammo was absolutely insane. Then near the end of my time playing the game regularly I discovered the Striker S&S. Coupled with deviant weapons which further cut hunter art recharge time, I was firing off arts left and right. So much fun.

Then in World I again reverted back to the Switchaxe, and then picked up the Bow as well later on. The Bow eventually became more used than the Switchaxe because dash dancing with it is really fun, haha.

Now, in Rise, I played through the entire Village and Hub story using the Hammer, and very recently swapped back to my trusty Switchaxe once again, which I find more fun than ever now.

While I never did go back to the Glaive after 4U, mostly because of how other weapons were getting more and more options for aerial attacks, kind of making the Glaive less special in my eyes, I never stopped loving mounting. I mounted whenever possible in World and when the clutch claw was introduced in Iceborne, you bet I was looking for every oppurtunity to bash monsters into wall every chance I got. Similarly I'm in love with monster riding in Rise. I pick up the puppet spider whenever I can in hunts, though I only have it's location memorized in the Forest Shrine and Volcano areas.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Jrpglover

Had a great self accomplishment last night me and the Mrs was farming rajang and he didn't hit me once through the entire fight normally he's a pain in the ass so it felt great to avoid every single hit.
On a side note the farming made it so I finally had enough mats to build my new build

Rajang helm,chest,gloves and legs with narc waist
WE rank 1 talisman ( trying to get a better one but no luck)
Narc SA
3x grinder gems since I use the cat so I need fast sharpening
And currently farming mag plates for 5x attack gems

Jrpglover

Jrpglover

I wish capcom added some quests that require you taking pictures of monsters/ bug/ vegetation whilst controling hoot hoot I feel like he's such a great addition yet so underutilised

Jrpglover

JaxonH

@Jrpglover
They did do a side quest where you take a picture of a sleeping Arzuros, and another one where you take a picture of a Bombadgy while they're "being gassy". But ya, I love the picture mechanic. I have my entire notebook filled with National Geographic caliber photos.

@TeeJay
That's right. I remember you using Switch Axe when playing with me and my brother in MHGU. In fact, that made me decide to get into Switch Axe, which I did with the Ahtal-ka set. And that carried forward into Rise. I love Switch Axe now. And there's a skill in Rise called Fast Morph or something that causes charge blades and switch axes to switch modes faster and increases morph attacks. Love it.

Insect glaive was so much fun in MH4U, but I never went back due to kinsect upkeep. But it seems glaive has come a long way since then. Maybe one day I'll revisit the glaive in Rise.

Ulysses

@JaxonH I actually agree. I love how fluid and agile the Glaive is, but I wish I could take just the glaive without the Kinsect upkeep. To this day I still wonder why they created the Glaive with the Kinsect. Perhaps it was all part of the bug love they gave to MH4U at the time.

@TeeJay All these stories of GU's arts and styles are making me sorely regret letting life get in the way of properly sinking my teeth into MHGU! Even if the servers are completely dead by the time I get around to it, I am determined to revisit the game properly and complete it fully.

Ulysses

Snatcher

So I beat the game aaaaaand um, Wile I don't like how it ended I think its cool if they add a whole dlc thing like iceborn kinda, They did say the other free update will have a new ending so. I bet its going to come with G rank AWW man I can't wait.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@Ulysses
It's not that I dislike the Kinsect- it's actually a really cool mechanic that differentiates the glaive. But, at least in MH4U, the triple buff was hard to obtain, and only lasted 60 seconds by default. So you spent half the fight shooting the kinsect, collecting buffs. At endgame there was a special Kinsect upgrade you could get that had double uptime, so your triple buffs lasted 2 minutes instead of just 1, and that helped a lot. But once I got accustomed to that, in every game I've played since, I've dreaded having to do without such a buff. If kinsect buffs had double or triple uptime you could get, and could get it way earlier in the game... I'd probably want to play glaive again. I haven't looked into it, but I was browsing the kinsects in Rise and noticed one that seemed to triple the buff time.

Ulysses

@JaxonH Minute-by-minute damage buff upkeep is a complete dealbreaker for me, like when Iceborne did that with the cRutch Claw. So that's the main reason why I haven't touched the Glaive. Rise makes me at least want to give it a fair chance, however!

It's one reason why I love arena quests. I can explore and practice different weapons with other players without investing in gear or worrying about devoting materials to that weapon's meta.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Ulysses

@Snatcher The free title updates definitely won't come with G Rank. It's better to adjust your expectations accordingly before you set yourself up for disappointment!

The title updates will continue fleshing out High Rank endgame until the expansion releases. This time around however, I'm wondering how long the expansion will take to release. Didn't World's take about a year? Or was it two years? I'm hoping it's only a year or less; Rise is so fun that I'm already impatient for all of its future content!

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Like @Ulysses said, G-rank doesn't come as a title update. That's part of the $50 expansion that comes 18 months after release. Iceborne was the $50 expansion that came about a year and a half after World released.

The title updates will be adding Chameleos, Teostra, Kushala Daora, Bazelgeuse, Crimson Glow Valstrax, Narwa final-form and 3 additional Apex Monsters, but they will be split between the 1st and 2nd title updates.

In addition, the 1st title update will unlock the HR cap which is currently stuck at HR7, and the 2nd title update will add the final ending to the game alongside the final-form Narwa.

I imagine we'll also see additional Quests, event Quests, item packs, palicos and palamutes, guild card title options, etc bundled into these title updates. They haven't mentioned them specifically but that's how they've always done it.

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH so Monster Hunter Rise:Airborne the expansion of Monster Hunter Rise will only release on Switch/PC in 2022/2023? and in the next 2 weeks of april the Chameleos update become avaliable, and the update that add the true ending and final boss of the game maybe around E3?

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Sounds about right. I expect the Ultimate expansion around the end of next year. Maybe September 2022? Though it could be pushed to January 2023, but for now I expect a late 2022 release.

And ya, the next update will add Chameleos. But also Apex Rathalos, and it's a pretty safe bet we're also getting Teostra and Kushala Daora. Then the following update (which I expect around e3, certainly before Stories 2 releases) will have the remaining monsters- the other 2 Apexes along with Bazelgeuse, Valstrax and the final boss with the final ending.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic