Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 4,706

urrutiap

A I the only one that thinks the Village 5 star quests post game theyre really easy especially the Zinogre quest? Maybe because Im wearing Rath high rank armor along with the Ibushi great sword thats helping me breeze through the post game Village quests. I dunno lol

I remember in Generations/Ultimate that the post game village quests were a little tough after the main story "Final" boss Glavenus.

Capcom taking it easy on us this time or what?

urrutiap

TeeJay

@urrutiap They have said during interviews and such that they've made the village quests easier this time around to help newcomers ease into the franchise better.

Hub quests still retain the usual difficulty.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@TeeJay
And it's working. I just watched another video, this time from beatemups, who got into the series with Rise. Showed a clip of him and RGT85 and MissClick fighting Anjanath and they triple carted šŸ˜„ So the noobs are acclimating haha.

Still waiting on the Arlo video (who has changed his name on Twitter to Arlonster Hunter Rise lol). Crazy coming from a person who never used to give MH the time of day. Rise is the World of Nintendo platforms. It's getting people into the series I never thought I'd see care in a lifetime. It was rough on us fans back in the MHGU era. Trying to convince new players it was good and worth learning was like pulling teeth from an alligator.

No more

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

urrutiap

Well, Monster Hunter 3 for Nintendo 3DS was what got me back into Monster Hunter even though I was still playing Freedom Unite.

I was hooked into the new underwater swimming feature.

Monster Hunter Generations was great because of the new weapons specials before Generations Ultimate went overboard with the armor fusion thing which I never tried using. The only thing I liked of Generations Ultimate is the addition of Valstrax and the crazy difficulty of the Egyptian monster.

Monster Hunter World by itself was fine by itself before Iceworld ruined it where you had to be G rank to be able to fight a Garuga or something. That and the "end" monster bosses ended up like giant Anime creatures from whatever japanese anime show

urrutiap

Mr-Fuggles777

@JaxonH you've played this series for a while, have you noticed a different style of hunter come into the series with the release of World?

I'm curious as I came in at world after years grinding Destiny and chasing the Meta. I think I play MH the same way - Get through the hunts as fast as possible (usually Cap as it saves time) to make the best armour sets and max them out for endgame.

I hear you talk about exploring and looking for hidden areas and it's something I've never actually thought to do in the series before.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

JaxonH

Hold up, hold up...

They ā€œwent overboardā€ with an optional feature that you never even tried using, and thus it was no longer great? Generations was great because of ā€œnew weapon specialsā€, but MHGU, which added 50% more styles and thus arts for those styles, wasnā€™t? Wat...

Iceborne ruined World because you had to be G rank to fight a G rank monster added via DLC after the fact?

Is this a parody from the MH Bad Takes account lol?

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

Going online in Rise, need Mgnamalo stuff to make his equipment, some of them super rare. May also do a Rampage or two for Apex monsters.

8XL0P3
Pass: 1234

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Mr-Fuggles777
Ya. Definitely. Not to say there wasn't min maxers and meta-focused players before, but it was always a very small subset.

When World released though, it hit that perfect storm of AAA marketing on power platforms, appealing to the Destiny 2 players, many of whom were, at that time, feeling disenfranchised. This is a very different type of player than the series predominately catered towards and appealed to.

And immediately you saw the shift on the subreddit and in YouTube videos. It became all about Weakness Exploit and Attack Up. All offensive skills. Nobody cared about quality of life skills, like Earplugs, Evasion, Quick Sheath, Mind's Eye, etc. It was all damage. DPS. Gotta max the DPS.

Which, for a speed runner who can dance with the monster not getting hit, perhaps that makes sense. But for the vast majority they'd be better off using other skills, like negating poison against a particularly nasty Rathian, for example. But it just seemed like most new players only cared about DPS. And that was something I wasn't accustomed to seeing.

Traditionally, long time fans have focused on skills that cater to a more enjoyable experience rather than shaving off as much time as possible. Which, that's not to say people are "wrong" to play that way. They're free to enjoy the game however they see fit. But it was definitely a shift in attitude and approach.

Some of that has carried into Rise with the World players who migrated over. But alot of it didn't since there's a large subset of power console gamers with loyalties to their platform who would never even think about playing games on Nintendo Switch.

urrutiap

if youre talking to me, youre not listening right.

Regular Monster Hunter Generations was fine. Generations Ultimate added the armor fusion thing which i didnt understand so I left it alone.

Monster Hunter World, its unfair that you have to be G rank to even fight a frikkin Garuga or any other extra monster. Why couldnt Capcom add the garuga to the regular game in the first place?

JaxonH wrote:

Hold up, hold up...

They ā€œwent overboardā€ with an optional feature that you never even tried using, and thus it was no longer great? Generations was great because of ā€œnew weapon specialsā€, but MHGU, which added 50% more styles and thus arts for those styles, wasnā€™t? Wat...

Iceborne ruined World because you had to be G rank to fight a G rank monster added via DLC after the fact?

Is this a parody from the MH Bad Takes account lol?

urrutiap

Ralizah

@urrutiap

urrutiap wrote:

Regular Monster Hunter Generations was fine. Generations Ultimate added the armor fusion thing which i didnt understand so I left it alone.

Sure, OK, but how does a mechanic you didn't attempt to understand make the game worse? Or are you just saying that you found the extra content in GU to be unsatisfying?

urrutiap wrote:

Monster Hunter World, its unfair that you have to be G rank to even fight a frikkin Garuga or any other extra monster. Why couldnt Capcom add the garuga to the regular game in the first place?

Why is it unfair that you have to be G-rank to fight G-rank monsters? Or is the complaint that Capcom didn't just patch in Iceborne's content for free?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Snatcher

@JaxonH Ok ok I can't wait (And pay) for G ranked, but whats the point of the new ending in the other update?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Snatcher

@urrutiap I agree how it is unfair?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Joeynator3000

...Do monsters get an attack increase during multiplayer, or is it just health?

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Ok so I looked up G ranked to get my self educated about its release format in other games, now I know G rank comes in a form of new game or dlc with new monster and new maps, OMG that sounds sooo cool I would lay down my money in a hartbeat!

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 So I looked it up and from what I found its only HP Most people said it was only HP and some people said they Think the attack scales.

Joeynator3000

It feels like their attack gets stronger, because holy crap, lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Basically it seems C19 delayed the game, and rather than delay it even further, they figured most people would rather have 99% of the game now with the final ending showdown patched in one of the title updates than wait 4 more months to play. And I agree. Glad they did cause I was dying to get my hands on Rise. I tore that demo up in anticipation.

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

The one downside to village quests being easier, I find, is that now I'm hearing complaints about how "long" it takes to get Hub quests done from the noobies.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@JaxonH It sounds like it so That last update is just the last 1% of the game were missing with the true ending, then we might get paid dlc at a later date (Probably will) right?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic