Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,278

Mr-Fuggles777

@JaxonH so why have they split it?
I thought hub was online only and village was offline.
So the hub are the same as the village quests if you play it solo but without the story and then scale in difficulty as people join the hunt.

My handwriting is really bad - no one can read my Signature

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

JaxonH

@Mr-Fuggles777
There's a lot of reasons, but that's tangential.

Yes, that's basically it. The difference is the difficulty, so while it does scale to 1, 2, 3 or 4 players, is a bit more difficult solo than the village Quests are. Which is a good thing, since village is basically the tutorial for new players.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword HD, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1/2

Jesus is Lord.

Mr-Fuggles777

@JaxonH good to know cheers, I'm still getting used to the new settings as I've not played a handheld version before. It also doesn't help that I can come across a little gruff at times sorry.

Its all a moot point atm unfortunately, I left my switch on in the case and the battery has drained (I'm hoping that's what happened as I only charged it last night) so I can't play anything now lol.

JaxonH

@Mr-Fuggles777
That sucks. I keep a charger in my desk at work for situations like that, just in case. Used to also keep a portable battery in my Switch case but ever since the v2 release I quit doing that, since it lasts so long. But Switch Lite is a stretch. I prefer taking the Lite on weekdays because it's pocketable in the magnetic flip case (which means no room for accessories), and the v2 with Binbok Joycon on weekends.

Not sure if you have a Lite or a normal Switch, but if it's a normal Switch, just leaving mine docked at home ensures it's always charged. For the Lite though, I recommend one of those $20 charge stand adapters with a kickstand. It's perfect for "docking" the Switch Lite onto to charge.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword HD, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1/2

Jesus is Lord.

Mr-Fuggles777

@JaxonH It's a Lite (I sold my switch as I never docked it) I normally work nights so I'm a little more prepared but I'm covering day shifts today and wasn't fully awake this morning - I work in care so don't have a fixed workplace to keep a spare charger as I'm in people's homes.

Its not the end of the world as I've also brought some comics to read so that will kill the last hour or so before home time.

alpacatears

I just wanted to ask a quick question from more seasoned players. This is my first MH game and I put about 40 hours in using Sword and Shield so far. Do you think it's better to try to master a weapon fully or is it fine to swap around between a few?
I'm kinda tempted to try one of the ranged weapons as I imagine it would be a very different playstyle.

alpacatears

Snatcher

SOOOO like I said before I'm trying to solo this mh game so I can get better but some of the quest seem like it was made for team play. right before you get into HR in the hub you have to do a rampage and it has a apex monster, this is the first one I have ever fought and It was hell, I nearly lost that one apex monster ended up all the way to the end and thank god I was able to beat it, there is so much crap going on the screen It feels like you needed a team, if one of you team mates is being attacked by that flying son of a B***H then another team mate can take it out wile your still trying to stand up, on top of all the monster going right for the gate, And I wold totally get some people to help but like I said I want to get better at soloing quest as I never did that back in world, but if another one of those show up OMG I going to need to gather some folk, I'm not going to count it bc It seems like you need a team. But what I really don't like about all this is for the people who don't pay for switch online bc they mainly play solo, this quest feels like its trying to force you to buy NSO Its pretty stupid but other then that the game is freaking amazing I can't stop playing it.
I'm at HR at the hub and its def harder mainly bc I'm still in my mangamalo gear but I have only been getting carted so I'm cool And I'm getting better, I'm wait for fight HR mangamalo so I can get the HR ver. of its gear.

A sky with stars so bright the colors feel so right I nev, Uh I mean. I'm a Among us plus sonic fan. I have also been playing a unheathy amount of MHR (Don't try to stop me)

Snatcher

@alpacatears I two would like to know the this.

Edited on by Snatcher

A sky with stars so bright the colors feel so right I nev, Uh I mean. I'm a Among us plus sonic fan. I have also been playing a unheathy amount of MHR (Don't try to stop me)

Mr-Fuggles777

@alpacatears @Snatcher I usually use one weapon until I get to a decent HR build and then it's much easier to drop back and farm LR mats to try out different weapons and builds.

You can always try out the base weapons in the training area as well to get a feel for each of them.

Edit: until we get a decent companion app I've been using this page to map out my builds:
https://gamewith.net/monsterhunter-rise/

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

Snatcher

@Mr-Fuggles777 K, Idk which ones I like tho I did try the charge blade but I'm not to sure I like it, I'm waaay to use to the long sword.

Mr-Fuggles777

@Snatcher I'm loving the long sword atm. What tree are you building?
I'm grinding the ore tree at the moment working towards the Deepest Night.

Feel free to drop me a FR and I will happily help you grind when I'm online.

Snatcher

@Mr-Fuggles777 I'm in the middle of doing the mangamalo tree, I know its not a long one but I love It. I might have to try some of the other trees.

Edited on by Snatcher

Mr-Fuggles777

@Snatcher is that the Sinister tree?

I was thinking of that next as it looks like it has good blast damage, will be really handy when deviljho drops.

Snatcher

@Mr-Fuggles777 Ya I just love the blast damage, Also I didn't know deviljho was going to come or is it a data mine? Edit: I'm a idiot LOL I now what you meant, I mean with them adding more monsters this month there is no way he is not getting in.

Edited on by Snatcher

Mr-Fuggles777

@alpacatears I find these kind of resources stops me wasting mats on pieces that wouldn't work later on as well as streaming your hunts to save time.

I know some people like taking their time and building everything but I love power building and maximising my hunts - there's enough grind fighting RNGesus as it is

Mr-Fuggles777

@Snatcher I haven't actually heard anything but im assuming him and bazel will definitely be coming to mess up people's HR hunts.

Snatcher

@Mr-Fuggles777 Bazel is the worse invader monster but not in the bad way in the annoying way LOL. (I still love fighting him tho)

Edited on by Snatcher

Mr-Fuggles777

@Snatcher I changed the pop up in World when you throw dung to "FCK you Bazel!" as its the only time I ever used it lol.

Ralizah

It costed me a lot of materials, but I made a proper high-rank armor set and upgraded my hunting horn (to something called Rampage Agitato I). It's not my ideal high rank set, but the defense boost is significant, and it should hopefully get me through high rank until I unlock all of the materials I need for whatever my final armor set ends up being.

Also started melding talismans. Have no idea what I'm doing on that front, though. I select a skill, it tells me a success rate, and then I feed in monster parts. I'll complete another quest soon to see how it turns out.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
Monster Hunter Rise (Switch)
Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic