Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 4,706

Pho

Beat the final boss Very very cool fight. Got lucky with a rare drop and now I've got a full set of its armour plus the hunting horn. Going to start making the other weapons and experiment with them.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

VoidofLight

@JaxonH So it's better to try and go down all the paths. I'll keep that in mind honestly.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

JaxonH

Oh my gosh. The palico on the mechanical Tetranadon has to manually wind it back up after it gets stunned lol

@VoidofLight
What we used to do back in the day, and what I’m sure many still do, is find a final form of a weapon you really want on a wiki, figure out which path you need to take to get there, and then work on that upgrade path. And if there’s multiple weapons you want you can work on multiple paths simultaneously.

But for this particular game I decided I wanted virtually every weapon that interests me anyways so I don’t want to spoil myself by looking up the information on the wiki. I just make everything I can that looks like a decent weapon and looks good as a weapon, and work on upgrading them all. Because you’re going to find certain weapons you won’t have the materials for unless you specifically go out looking for them, and that can be a bit of a hassle. But if you have a dozen different weapons and you just play the game normally, you’re bound to get the materials to upgrade at least a few of them without any extra effort. Then you can go back and get the materials for any of the remaining weapons you really want to pursue.

But ya, you definitely want to be upgrading at least 3-5 different weapons, at a minimum. Maybe even 3-5 per weapon type and do it for a few different weapon types. One of the best parts of the game is all the different weapons and armor sets. Take full advantage and craft everything that interests you. Even if it’s not as powerful at the moment, you’ll eventually get the materials to upgrade it and when that time comes you may find it’s now the most powerful weapon you have.

Because if you just stick with one weapon and don’t deviate at all until you can upgrade it... it could be a while before you get those mats, and that weapon could start to be seriously underclassed in the meantime. Especially since some weapons skip one or two ranks between upgrades. You might have a level 3 long sword but the next upgrade is level 6 with high rank mats. And if you don’t use anything else during that time that sword’s going to be under powered.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

VoidofLight

@JaxonH Ah alright. I'll probably start to make different weapons as well.

Ralizah

@Joeynator3000 lol

I only ever sharpen weapons when I'm riding my dog now. It's vastly safer.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ulysses

@JaxonH Thanks for the headset tip! If you're still doing Low Rank Hub Quests, I can jump on in 10~ minutes. I'm actually sitting on the 2* urgent quest for the gathering hub and was procrastinating by steamrolling through the village quests lol.

Hey @FattyWhale_42! I didn't notice you before, and after hearing you mention your tips on HBG, I knew I had to add your FC outright. I hope that was ok! My friend request will show up with the same name.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

FattyWhale_42

@Ulysses Haha, I just logged on to let you know I already accepted your request since I recognized your user name. (>^_^)>

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

JaxonH

@Ulysses
5477 to get in. Got a lobby up now

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

Ok back to the old grind, time to do more story quest.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ulysses

@JaxonH I just finished up my quest! I'll try to join you if you're still online! Why don't we join his lobby, @FattyWhale_42?

Ulysses

Joeynator3000

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Is there a way to keep detailed map icons on the regular HUD map?

I hate when I'm looking for mining outcrops and whatnot and I try to remember where it was, only to find it was on the other cliff across a gap.

Yeah that was kinda annoying when doing those wirebug lillies hunting. lol

I don't think there is a way which sucks...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ulysses

Sorry @JaxonH! I totally forgot the maps are still new and that you could have gotten lost. I'll wait to wake it up until everyone has gathered next time lol.

Ulysses

Ulysses

Did either of you check the quest time on the Volvidon quest? That was insanely fast, like just over 5 minutes.

Ulysses

VoidofLight

@Ulysses Wait, really? How are you meant to beat a monster in five minutes?

JaxonH

@Ulysses
No worries. I went back to get the tail and then couldn’t figure out how to get down to the bottom area lol. I still got two cards off though so no worries

JaxonH

Great hunts. Would love to keep playing but I’m already 2 hrs past my normal bed time. That’s MH for ya!

Btw I love how you can add notes in your guild card list, which I’m using to put your usernames here on the site so I know who is who, since names used in game and on switch don’t always match the names I see on the site and I forget who people even are sometimes. I’ve got people in my friends list that I added from here but I don’t know who they are because their name isn’t the same lol

edit
Btw, Aaron is FattyWhale_42 right? I hunted with Aaron back in the day in MH4U. I remember the name.

Basically just have half a dozen more HR3 hub quests, and then it’s decision time. I need a gaggle of Magnamalo plates (like 5, for all the weapons and armor I want to make) and at least 2 Almudron plates. I’m not sure if it’s better to wait until high rank to farm them. Plate drops are higher there, and you can get gems. I was going to farm them after wrapping up HR3, as the last to do list before high rank, But maybe I’ll just farm them in high rank. Would be nice to finally join everyone else in HR4-7, and I’m sure everyone who is high rank would much rather do HR quests.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ulysses

@JaxonH That's exactly right. It's probably best to save that kind of farming for HR.

Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure hunting with you and @FattyWhale_42! A good night hunting with a great group really did bring back some of those fond memories from Tri, and we haven't even sunk our teeth into Rampage and the arena quests and all the good farming. Can't wait for all that!

@VoidofLight Apparently it's possible when you really give the monsters a hard time. It also helps that the other guys I was hunting with are pretty exceptional.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

FattyWhale_42

JaxonH wrote:

Btw, Aaron is FattyWhale_42 right? I hunted with Aaron back in the day in MH4U. I remember the name.

Indeed. We also hunted together in Gen.

@Ulysses You as well! (>^_^)>

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

iskim

You can change what shows on your detailed minimap. You pull up your map and put it on the tab you want then close it. Problem is that it is on the detailed minimap and not the full map, so it is kinda a pain to use, and has a small range. To get the detailed minimap you hold L by defalt but you can change it in settings.

@VoidofLight start with one of each element because the elemental damage calculation really benifits fast weapons such as dual blades, so you want options to exploit monster weaknesses.

iskim

VoidofLight

@iskim Ah alright. So I'd probably benefit more if I went down every path then.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic