Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 2,140

Ulysses

I love the Buddy Plaza so much.

It's easily now my favorite farming section from any game. The place itself has one of the most beautiful songs ever composed for the franchise, and walking through it is like forest bathing. Simply a pleasure to spend time inside. The argosy and boats by the water remind me of MHTri.

Instead of having a more personally involved farm, Rise utilizes your Pals in an absolutely brilliant way. More than ever I love collecting lots of different Pals. The little face illustrations next to each name are completely adorable, and it's innovative to add so many features to their core leveling system. It's beginning to feel like a strategy RPG with tying all of the mechanics to leveling up and building up a variety of Pals, with how many things you can manage between their levels and stats and gear, not to mention the Meowcenaries making a charming return.

Everything has so much thoughtfulness and attention to detail. Nothing implemented was phoned in. The cutscenes, the polish, the production value, the intricate details. There is just so much detail and so many things to get involved with, just in the Buddy Plaza alone. Even for a vet, it's overwhelming at first!

@Spanjard
MHTri hunter here! For some of the oldest OG's, MH1 on the Playstation 2 was their first online experience, but MHTri was my very first time hunting online.

My old friend first got me into the franchise through Freedom 1 on the PSP, so I only hunted with him on and off throughout the Freedom entries. Freedom 2 and MHFU felt cozy and intimate with its village, but MHTri was the first time Monster Hunter felt like it could be a whole world to get lost in. I'll never forget Loc Lac City, and the sand seas close by. It was so much fun feeling like I was apart of a huge community of hunters when I joined a lobby filled with 100 players. I know some newer players prefer a combined quest system for the sheer convenience, but I'll never forget the illusion of the feeling like I was journeying from our quaint Moga Village to a bustling city hub every time I booted up the separate multiplayer section.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

Ok, I've never been too interested in Ninjala, but after seeing this crazy awesome Monster Hunter Rise collab, I may have to check it out.

Irrespective of the game itself, this is one of the coolest Monster Hunter collabs I've ever seen. They even have the amiibo figures in the game you can get! Well done stake animations, Aknosom armor, Rathalos armor, Kamura armor, palico and palamute... ya. This is seriously dope.

@Snatcher
They really do look great. As does the corresponding layered armor sets.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword HD, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1/2

Jesus is Lord.

Snatcher

@JaxonH I got so lucky as one of the things I needed at a 1% drop rate and 3% when captured I got so lucky as it only took me about 10 times I think.

Among us plus sonic fan.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
I haven't started chasing mats yet. Everything I've needed so far I've gotten naturally just from playing. But I know that's about to change since I only have about half a dozen HR6 Quests left in the Village, and then I'll have 100% it and it's off to the Hub and soon after, High Rank. Already I'm seeing Magnamalo Plates needed for weapon upgrades, Almudron plates, Goss Harag Plates, etc.

I did carve a Zinogre Plate today at work, and I got a Rathian Plate a few days ago. So at least I've got a couple. But I very much look forward to the Plate and Gem grind. It's one of my favorite aspects of the game. Nothing feels better than buckling down and hunting a monster for a few hours, learning their moves, improving your skills, and eventually being rewarded with that coveted 3% drop.

PLAYING
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

Just fought something called a Jyuratodus in high rank. It was the urgent to unlock five-star missions in the hub.

The monsters are definitely tougher and packing a much higher health pool in high rank, but nothing so far feels out of place for solo play.

I should probably slow down and start completing some of the 10+ requests I've been ignoring.

Edited on by Ralizah

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
Monster Hunter Rise (Switch)
Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

DarthNocturnal

The amiibo are finally listed at EB Games!

...except they're already sold out. Online, at least. In-store is another matter. Ah well. At least I know we're actually getting them.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Spanjard

@Ulysses I never thought about it like that but I think you hit the nail on the head in terms of the contrast between Loc Lac City and Moga Village and why it works so well. I definitely never experienced that illusion of scale ever since. That's pretty cool... thanks for that insight.

The buddy plaza is also my favourite spot and the owl his as well it seems like
I like the training spot too, with how it's remote and you can actually get up there and find some ancient murals it seems like or maybe they are not ancient at all but it feels like it holds some importance.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Joeynator3000

OMG Tobi...why are you randomly difficult all of the sudden in this game?! >.<
switches to Gunlance and tries again
A little better, only fainted once instead of twice this time, but geez. He was like, super easy in World, only time he gave me issues was his subspecies in Master Rank. lol

At least I know I can still use the Gunlance alright here. xD

Also, this. >_>

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

shonenjump86

I’m at 3 star missions for now. Slowly making my way up.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7254-3677-0897 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-2566-1897 | Nintendo Network ID: Shonenjump86

urrutiap

2 hours straight earlier i did the high rank Azurus Rampage online with one other person it was pretty chaotic with bunch of the monster waves and then the azuros showed up.

Then i went back to playing some more low rank Village quests and getting bunch of quest requests from the villagers.

Doing pretty good even with wearing low rank Khezu armor and about to switch to tigrex armor to take on a Rathian or whateaver for the heck of it.

High rank Gathering Hub im doing a few quests online with other people. Letting them do most of the work while I hang back but I do help out when I can. I just dont like it when other people online as gunners keep hitting me when Im trying to attack a monster.

Stupid people being gunners go somewhere else to aim and shoot

urrutiap

Ralizah

@Joeynator3000 LOL

My family has a medium-sized mutt, and she does something similar if I try to stand behind her. She just will not abide it, and will jump around me so that I'm never directly facing the back of her.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

VoidofLight

I can't wait for when they introduce the layered armor, since I really really really like some of the armor sets, but they have terrible stats, or just stats I'd never need.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Snatcher

@JaxonH Wait there having a crossover? If so I may need to jump back in.

Among us plus sonic fan.

urrutiap

anyone know where the hell the wroggi are in that bullfango/wroggi slaying quest? all I ever found were izukis and the bullfangos the whole time

urrutiap

Ralizah

So how is it that online is seemingly seamless in MHR, but I can still barely get Smash Ultimate to work properly online?

I tried out the co-op by joining some person's lobby and helping them out with quests. Even with randoms, it's a lot of fun hunting with other people. Although when you get 4 players + 4 palamutes + a Diablos stomping around, the smooth framerate kinda dies, lol.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

urrutiap

No they dont show up on the damn map. Even when Im wandering around in the areas I dont see them. Like I said its ony the Izukis and the bullfangos.

I ended up killing the bullfangos anyway.

Spanjard wrote:

@urrutiap don't they show up on the map?

Edited on by urrutiap

urrutiap

Mr-Fuggles777

I hate how the game is split between on and offline quests.
I've brought my switch to work but can't get online so I'm stuck having to drop back down to 1 & 2* quests when I've been grinding out HR online. Looks like I'm not going to be playing today, there's no point killing monsters when the mats are next to useless

My handwriting is really bad - no one can read my Signature

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

JaxonH

Looks like G rank ultimate version will have 20-30 more monsters, 5 new maps and a focus on western yokai.

@Mr-Fuggles777
There is no "online" Quests. Everything in the entire game is playable offline, and solo. So the game isn't forcing you to play village Quests. Hub Quests are offline too.

Again, so people understand this. The game is identical to World. Hub Quests = MH World. Play online. Play offline. Quests scale to 1 player or up to 4. You just happen to also have additional Quests in the village, above and beyond that

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic