Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 4,706

JaxonH

So, I might've kinda used another vacation day today. Not to play Monster Hunter. Not at all. Just uh... felt like I needed a day off. But since I'm here, may as well play some Monster Hunter, right?

This is a very handy elemental weakness chart.

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Finally got my palamute amiibo. GameStop still doesn’t know where the palico one is though. And the store I ordered from is closing next month. Yep won’t even try for the Stories 2 amiibo. I really need Nintendo to stop breaking bread with GameStop.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Just order from Amazon Japan. It's actually cheaper given the fact Gamestop charged shipping individually for each amiibo. It's like $75 for all 3 Rise amiibo after global shipping. Which, that ain't bad given the MSRP of $65 before tax.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I ordered in store. So I don’t have the shipping issue. So for now it would cost more to import. I might do that for the stories amiibo though.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Mr-Fuggles777

The RNG on this game has greatly cut down the HR grind, I'm getting plates and gems 2 at a time every 2-3 hunts. The biggest issue is money, I'm having to grind just to sell stuff so I can afford to build my first base endgame set.

It also feels much shorter than World, I hope they hurry up with some add ons, once I stop playing a looter I rarely pick them back up at a later date.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Snatcher

Man I didn't get time to play MHR yesterday, welp I will make up for it today.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@Mr-Fuggles777
Drop rates are the same as they've always been. Sometimes you just hit a string of good luck.

It's not shorter than base World based on monster count or HR rank up through 7 for the end boss (though it is missing a few key elder dragons and HR unlock, both of which are coming within the next 2 weeks). I judge by my hour count, which, I'm just hitting high rank and have already surpassed my total hours for base World.

Which, I quit playing base World before any updates dropped because it was 3 months post release for the first monster, and the armor and weapons were all basically outclassed by one or two of them, making farming sets pointless. Thankfully in Rise, most latter high rank monster sets and weapons are not grossly outclassed, and rampage weapons and talismans provide near endless incentive to grind out endgame gear. And rampage is a great change of pace for endgame as well, mixing it up from normal hunts. I do hope they add a bunch more arena Quests though in the title update.

But even with the half dozen elder dragons and half dozen new Apex Monsters, HR unlock, Final boss encounter and more arena Quests, that's still not gonna make the game last forever. Either you enjoy grinding out endgame gear or you don't. Cause really that's all you can do once the content has been exhausted. Title updates will extend play, for sure, but at the end of the day, it's all about grinding out various endgame sets and finding the perfect talisman.

JaxonH

urrutiap

speaking of beast gems and various monster plates for Rise, the past two days Ive been getting those pretty much from joining radom online gathering hub quests with other people mostly japanese folk.

Beast gems, shiny wyvern gems even plates of Rathian/Rathalos and other monsters both old and new.

Not complaining about it but those things will come in handy for me to create some quick high rank armor and better weapon to help me through the rest of low rank village story quests

urrutiap

Snatcher

@JaxonH All day hunt for me today then, Nargacuga your up.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Mr-Fuggles777

@JaxonH it took me over 100 hours before I started grinding out endgame sets in World, I'm about 30 hours in on Rise and apart from 1 Anj gem (which is being a pain) and a few jewels I've already completed a HR LS build at 6* Hub and just about to go into 7* to complete everything.
I got 8 plates and 6 gems last night from 12 hunts last night so If the drops rates are the same I should have bought a lot ticket.

I think because you can't chat there's less reason to hang around between hunts so it's just spawn in, blast through the hunt rinse and repeat. I suppose its also the lack of achievements/trophies making it feel empty, grinding those out took a bit of extra time.

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

JaxonH

@Mr-Fuggles777
Not just that, but hunts go way faster. You’re not spending time finding the monster so that cuts down the quest time by 50% just there alone. On top of that you have Palamutes, wirebugs and great wirebugs cutting down on travel time, and wyvern riding which does big damage. It results in a very streamlined experience but one that does go by faster.

I’m not sure chat has had much bearing though. Not for me anyways. There was chat in MH3U and it was only ever used during hunts between friends. And that was my experience in World too. Everybody kept chat turned off unless it was a friend. I know when I play with my brother in Rise we chat because we have Arctis headsets that Bluetooth to discord on the phone and mix audio, but we’re still just as fast in and out of quests as we ever were.

You could always B-line it for endgame in any MH title though. There were people who reported beating World in 35-40 hours. And likewise, you can B-line MH Rise to endgame in 35 hours also. But both of them provided hundreds of hours for me because I don’t B-line to endgame. There’s so much content to be enjoyed that I think it’s an utter waste to skip over quests. Even dating all the way back to MH3U, I do every quest in the game. Full check marks across the board. Only after 100% Low Rank in both Village and Hub do I even think about High Rank. Speaking of which, I’m 165 hrs in, just hitting High Rank myself.

I’ve never been one to care for trophies, especially since I’m not really big into the PlayStation ecosystem (and Xbox and Steam achievements just suck- at least trophies I dig). But I do like the in-game achievements for MH just because I’m a huge fan. I don’t go out of my way to get them, but I like checking out my achievements on my guild card from time to time.

Edited on by JaxonH

Mr-Fuggles777

@JaxonH I haven't rushed through at all and I'm still almost out of stuff to do unless I start some new builds. But multiple builds don't add much extra time as you just use your best set to farm the mats for the new builds.

It must be the social aspect that makes the difference, grinding in silence is pretty boring and im almost done with Rise. I'm probably going to go back to world, Its free on gamepass so I can start fresh as I played it on PS4 originally.

Glad you can squeeze so many hours out of it though.

Edit: I think the fact you don't need to prep has also led to it feeling empty, I havnt even checked the weaknesses of the new monsters because it doesn't matter - unless you have a complete idiot on your hunt, you can't fail, even playing with randoms.
I've only wiped twice and both times was because 1 guy threw himself headfirst into the moster 3 times in a row and carted each time.

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

CANOEberry

@Mr-Fuggles777 I'm not sure that I'm the intended audience for Monster Hunter games (though several people have recommended the series to me), but I have been following this release somewhat. I'm disappointed to read that this game is not very tactical, Mr. Fuggles (I love long-term strategy games). Fortunately, there's more than enough to play elsewhere...

CANOEberry

JaxonH

@Mr-Fuggles777
Don’t know what to say- the content is there and the proof is in my hours, and the fact I haven’t grinded at all really. Definitely sounds like you should play something else though because you haven’t been happy with this game. Best to leave it to the people getting hundreds of hours and loving it.

@COVIDberry
Monster Hunter has never been a tactical strategy game. For that you want Civilization VI or XCOM 2 or Fire Emblem. It’s an action combat game with tactical combat. And there is more depth and strategic play in the combat than just about any other game I’ve ever played. Furthermore this is the best video game I’ve played in my entire life but it requires commitment to learning the systems. And you will absolutely get wrecked if you don’t. But that’s what makes it rewarding and this game has the best difficulty curve of any in the series. It’s a game you have to play for yourself rather than try to judge from the outside in. But don’t bother unless you’re willing to make a commitment to learn it.

Mr-Fuggles777

@COVIDberry this is definitely the lightest Monster Hunter for content, the hunts are short and fast and it's definitely more arcady like than World (which is the only other monster hunter I've played).
You also don't need any strategy, as you can just hit things repeatedly until they die.
A lot of the die hard fans can't accept how shallow it is but 35 hours for a looter is pretty poor.

JaxonH

@Mr-Fuggles777
It's not shallow. Difficulty is same as World (except Village Quests up to Magnamalo, which is fine because it would be easy anyways and it's getting tons of new players eased in).

It's not a matter of "acceptance". It's just a matter of nobody else agreeing with your opinion.

Edited on by JaxonH

urrutiap

just unlocked the first main Village story magnamalo quest. I got my Khezu great sword upgraded to Khezu II and Ludroth great sword to its 2nd upgrade. Been stocking up on flash bombs and traps for the heck of it.

still wearing low rank Tigrex armor. time to change it I guess?

Is the first Village story Magnaalo easy and not totally wild? like the 4-5 star Gather Hub Magnamalo which I only did with other online people

urrutiap

JaxonH

@Ulysses @FattyWhale_42 @TeeJay @Ralizah
On my final Low Rank Hub Quest- Disastrously Beautiful in the arena. If anyone wants to join, let me know. It’s 3 monsters in the arena in one quest, and then I was gonna start knocking out the high rank quests.

@urrutiap
4-7 star hub is High Rank. Village Quests are low rank. And less difficult low rank at that. Which is why the game is designed around do you doing the low rank quests first. It’s still a decent challenge, but it won’t be as hard as High Rank version, that’s for sure.

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH Sure, I'm game.

However, I have a mining upsurge in the Lava Caverns, so I was going to do that — if you want to join me let me know, and I'll wait for you before I start. (>^_^)>

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic