Forums

Topic: Metroid Dread

Posts 281 to 300 of 862

VoidofLight

I'm kind of disturbed how Nintendo is legit spoiling the entire game on social media.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

JaxonH

Metroid Dread preorder for $47.69 with code: ADSMPRM

https://dailysteals.com/metroid-dread-nintendo-switch/

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

chipia

I wonder how long the game will be. Traditionally 2D Metroids are much shorter than Metroid Primes. But it would be nice if they made a 2D Metroid on a larger scale.

chipia

Tendo64

Praying it's easier to wall-jump in this than it was in Super Metroid. That was painful.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

NintendoByNature

@Tendo64 worst part of that game if you ask me. I don't recall any frustration with any of the predecessors in metroid like that. At least for the 2d games

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Game previews are looking very good. Metroid Dread looks like an easy GotY contender alongside Monster Hunter Rise (and presumably, Shin Megami Tensei V). In fact, I’m fully expecting it to be one of my favorite games of all time. Which wouldn’t be surprising, given Metroid Prime 2 is a top 5 GOAT in my book. I have high expectations for this one.

@chipia
Samus Returns was about 10-15 hrs, depending. That being a remake, I suspect this one will be more like 15-20 hrs. Of course, that’s actual in-game save file estimate. When I play games, I spent a lot of extra time exploring, checking maps in the menu, pausing the game, etc. So 15-20 hrs in game is more like 30 hrs of actual entertainment time, at least for me.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

I-U

chipia wrote:

I wonder how long the game will be. Traditionally 2D Metroids are much shorter than Metroid Primes. But it would be nice if they made a 2D Metroid on a larger scale.

Metroid: Samus Returns has its best ending available at under 4 hours, which is the longest threshold of the 2D Metroid games. I think it's safe to say, since Dread is being developed by the same team, that Dread will be longer than the average 2D Metroid experience. If Dread does away with time based endings, it will likely be an even longer game and might be comparable to the length of a main Prime game.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

JaxonH

Metroid Dread has officially sold out on Amazon. Not talking about the collector edition (which is obviously sold out) but the standard edition. It's not even a delayed shipment preorder. It's just straight up "Currently Unavailable".

edit
Seems they've opened up more pre-orders again. That's good. Out of stock has killed the momentum of so many games. They need to keep the orders open, even if it backorders.

This after reaching the #5 spot in Video Games and Accessories category (#1 for actual games).

I think it's fair to assume this game is gonna smash everyone's expectations. Finally... finally Metroid is getting its due. Finally people beyond the limited 1-2 million diehards who faithfully show up for each entry will discover this gem of a franchise.

@I-U
That may be true for someone speed running, but the average playtime for Samus Returns is 10-15 hrs depending on completion rate (of course, when I play games, I also spend a ton of time in the menus, studying the map, pausing, slowly exploring, etc. So a game that averages 10-15 will probably result in more like 20-25 hrs for me- time spent actually involved with the game in some way).

But ya, I also suspect it'll be a larger game than Samus Returns. After all, Samus Returns was a remake of a Gameboy game.

Edited on by JaxonH

I-U

JaxonH wrote:

@I-U
That may be true for someone speed running, but the average playtime for Samus Returns is 10-15 hrs depending on completion rate.

The first time run of any Metroid game isn't reflective of how long any of the games actually are. There is also too much variance with that time while the endings are clearly set. Based on best ending times for Samus Returns which was developed by the same team, the indication is that Dread will likely be longer than the average 2D Metroid game as was Samus Returns. It's a positive that the developers intentionally designed Samus Returns in a way that would allow the player to go from that first 10-15 hour run to a sub-4 hour run as they become more familiar with the game.

JaxonH

Seeing a surge of ppl coming out the woodwork to say they agree Metroid Dread won't reach 3 million (whole conversation brought about by a bet from RGT it wouldn't break 3 mil within a year).

And... none of us have a crystal ball. It's possible it doesn't and I acknowledge that.

BUT.

I do think some ppl aren't reading the room. Metroid Dread has remained in the Amazon Top 100 since its announcement nearly 4 months ago. And that's not just Switch or just games, that's all Video Game related items and accessories across all platforms and PC. Store credit, Roblox cards, 3rd party controllers, chargers, etc. And it's been the #1 actual game for the past two weeks, and, we're still 2 weeks away.

As someone who has a habit of monitoring Amazon sales rankings for games, all I can do is compare to other titles and use their success as an estimate. And the truth is, I don't think I've ever seen a game rank this high for this long that did anything less than 5 million (not overnight but life to date). I don't even recall Monster Hunter Rise doing this well and it broke 7 million (but to be fair, it was likely skewed toward digital from the World fanbase so it's success wasn't fully predictable by Amazon).

Still. I'm really struggling to grasp how anyone could still doubt Dread will top 3 million. It seems pretty clear to me this is the Monster Hunter World moment for Metroid. The Fire Emblem Awakening moment. Where it emerges from the ashes of obscurity and more than doubles its best selling previous title. Not only from the Switch effect, but also because of Metroid's brand recognition as the father of the Metroidvania genre following the indie resurgence in years prior, and most importantly, the fact the game just looks insanely good.

But, I guess we shall see. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.

Edited on by JaxonH

BenGrimm

Trying to avoid a lot of the videos and details for this game but I’m 100% stoked already. Special edition and amiibo preordered and counting down the days. Playing through all the Metroid games in readiness and after finishing Samus Returns I’m even more excited. I think it’s a great game with a lot of the more modern comforts (aim button, missile button) making it more fun to play than some of the earlier entries.

BenGrimm

I-U

3 million makes Metroid Dread the most successful Metroid game, which I think is very possible on the Nintendo Switch. This is a different audience from the Wii era I would think, so this time around Metroid being on a hot system should translate into a boosted performance. I don't know if Dread will double the current best selling entries for the series though, which would mean it would have to perform a decent chunk beyond 4 million. I don't believe Metroid fans will show up enough for that to occur, and I do not feel fans of this genre in general will show up like that. Is Hollow Knight considered the best of the genre that isn't a Metroid game? It has 2.8 million. I think the Metroid brand could carry Dread to 3 million at least. Of course, the reviews and the initial player feedback have to be great.

JaxonH

@I-U
Ori may have exceeded Hollow Knight. And, as much as I love HK (I backed it at Kickstarter before anyone even knew what it was) I must say Ori is better. At least imo.

But ya, we'll see. I think 4 million is possible though. Sometimes games just get that perfect swirl of hype and word of mouth which propels them beyond anything they'd normally achieve. But I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch. We'll have to see how evergreen the title becomes. Evergreen is the ticket to 4 mil and beyond.

FX102A

Seems Nintendo is already prepping for dispatch, they’ve started payment process. The excitements starting to grow as been so long since a fresh Metroid adventure.

I do wish PMs were possible here as I have to other MD Limited Edition preorders I now will cancel as one has been secured. Would have liked to offer them at cost price to anyone who missed them here.

FX102A

JaxonH

Ya, I used to do that for members in a Line Chat I’m in. About half a dozen of us left out of the original 20+. But any time one of us secures an extra LE, we help each other out.

We are about 20 minutes away from the 100 hour countdown. It’s close. It’s very close.

NintendoByNature

And...i just finished circle of the moon in preparation of dread. I'd start harmony of dissonance but I'm not sure if thats enough time before Friday lol.

NintendoByNature

Araquanid

So is there no legitmate way to get the collectors edition?

I know it got giga scalped at the start, but I was even told it wouldn't be available period and was a limited preorder window by a gamestop employee.

Not gunna buy a scalped version... only exception to that would be a graphics card in 2021

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

tekoii

3 days Until the DREAD! I am so amped!!!!
Alright yall, I'm starting a 3-day count down using my animated box-arts. First off is:

Super Metroid
Untitled
Tomorrow, I'll post some Zero Mission fun!

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

MarioBrickLayer

My Special Edition has arrived early! I thought they were delivering the wrong thing at first, the box was massive! It's much bigger than I expected and came with a free poster and note book.

Untitled

I have avoided as many trailers, articles and posts as possible, I haven't ready this thread is ages to avoid spoilers! I can't wait to play it!

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic