Forums

Topic: Metroid Dread

Posts 281 to 300 of 302

Henmii

There, ordered! Now I am wondering what my game of 2021 will be: Metroid dread, Crash bandicoot 4 or Hollow knight silksong (if that still gets released this year, and if I play it this year).

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

damien33ad

@Henmii this looks and feels like will be a 9/10 game but Nintendo isn't done announcing its Christmas titles though.

damien33ad

JaxonH

@damien33ad
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is done announcing Christmas titles, unless they have smaller digital releases planned.

September
WarioWare
Cruis'n Blast
October
Metroid Dread
Mario Party
November
Pokémon BD/SP
December
Advance Wars

Obviously this is strictly first party, not counting IP they own but are releasing multiplat (Fatal Frame) or 3rd party exclusives (SMTV).

PLAYING
NS: Monkey Ball, Cruis'n Blast
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
Steam: Horizon Zero Dawn
PS5: Ghosts of Tsushima
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2

Jesus is Lord.

link3710

@I-U It kind of does matter. Federation Force is an entirely different genre. That's like comparing the normal games to the abilities in Metroid Prime Pinball.

Hunters totally counts though, I agree.

link3710

damien33ad

Ya maybe they are. I still think they have to show us a trailer for an upcoming big big game. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I almost forgot about Mario Party. I have pre-ordered too lol

damien33ad

I-U

link3710 wrote:

@I-U It kind of does matter. Federation Force is an entirely different genre. That's like comparing the normal games to the abilities in Metroid Prime Pinball.

Hunters totally counts though, I agree.

Federation Force is a first person shooter, so is Metroid Prime Hunters, and neither are drastically different in genre from the first person adventures of the mainline Metroid Prime games. Compared to Dread, it is a different genre within the Metroid Series, but again I don't think that should matter. Dread is outdoing most Metroid games regardless of what kind of Metroid game they are when it comes to new abilities, including Metroid Prime Pinball. It is just not outdoing all Metroid games, divisive ones at that. @Bolt_Strike made a wrong statement by dismissal. I don't understand the point in defending it.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

Bolt_Strike

@I-U It doesn't have to be drastically different in genre, just drastically different in premise and style. I'm not saying they're not Metroid games, it's just that what they were trying to do necessitated very different abilities from normal Metroid games (primarily by trying to be multiplayer focused) and so it doesn't really seem fair to compare them. There had to be more new because it had to be very different.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

I-U

@Bolt_Strike You compared Metroid Dread to all Metroid games when you said that the upcoming game has more new abilities than any Metroid game. It was a fair comparison then, but after it got pointed out to be wrong it is now not a fair comparison. I understand your point about a multiplayer focus for Hunters, but not for what I listed out for Federation Force. I made sure to not list any new ability that's more associated to the co-op. Regardless, this isn't brand new information about what kind of games Hunters and Federation Force are, you made the comparison despite it or simply didn't think of the two as Metroid games.

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a more optimistic stance for Metroid Dread in this comparison. We don't have the game. It's entirely possible for Metroid Dread to close the gap as the adventure plays out. It's wrong to say Dread has more new abilities than any Metroid game currently, but I do hope for plenty more original abilities to be discovered once it's released. It's odd seeing the towel basically being thrown in for Metroid Dread already to a 15+ year and a 5+ year game on much weaker hardware. They can go all out with abilities if they chose to.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

damien33ad

Pre-ordered Dread. Will be first Metroid game ever picked up on Launch

damien33ad

Henmii

@damien33ad

I agree! Nintendo could still announce it at a Direct, maybe in October after Dread is released? And maybe they have something first party too, New Donkey Kong game perhaps?

Henmii

Budda

Can anyone tell me if there's an English version of this trailer?

Found it just randomly on Nintendo's German YouTube page. (I think it has no new footage by the way)
It's "Be careful, Samus". You can hear the AI Adam talking to Samus. I'm German so I should understand it, but there's a part I can't hear him clear enough. I was hoping there would be an English version but I can't find it anywhere. 😂

Edited on by Budda

Budda

JaxonH

Metroid Dread is now the #1 selling video game on Amazon, and #13 in the broader category including accessories, digital store cards, etc.

That’s pretty incredible. I think it’s abundantly clear this game is going to sell millions out the gate. I hope it gets the Monster Hunter Rise treatment from Switch fans. Show Nintendo how we roll the red carpet for the games we really want.

@Budda
Haven’t seen that one before, though I did see another new one I hadn’t seen before on the US eShop yesterday.

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2

Jesus is Lord.

BenGrimm

Looks like the Amiibo double pack is delayed across Europe 😒

BenGrimm

Crow_Black

nice nice i so wanna have this game one day

Crow_Black

Switch Friend Code: SW-7258-0873-7887 | My Nintendo: Blackrazor187 | Twitter:

VoidofLight

I'm kind of disturbed how Nintendo is legit spoiling the entire game on social media.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

JaxonH

Metroid Dread preorder for $47.69 with code: ADSMPRM

https://dailysteals.com/metroid-dread-nintendo-switch/

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

chipia

I wonder how long the game will be. Traditionally 2D Metroids are much shorter than Metroid Primes. But it would be nice if they made a 2D Metroid on a larger scale.

chipia

Tendo64

Praying it's easier to wall-jump in this than it was in Super Metroid. That was painful.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

DarthNocturnal

Wall jumping was crazy easy in Samus Returns. I think the timing has been much more lax since Fusion or Zero Mission.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NintendoByNature

@Tendo64 worst part of that game if you ask me. I don't recall any frustration with any of the predecessors in metroid like that. At least for the 2d games

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic